• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was going to say, 'I wonder if we see Creeper Jeff return next week' but then I realized that Senran Kagura's so blatant that it's kind of pathetic.

That's right. Gal Gun is more refined than Senran Kagura.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pokken and UFC 2 next week both have potential for some amazing QLs.
2649427-y.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean I don't even like SK, but going by what he's judging both series on it's still not really true.

In SK they at least try to write a story (which is terrible) and assign the girls some character (generic and terrible) and attempt at making up unique moves for each girl (combat is terrible).

In Gal Gun you're a guy shooting pheremones at girls who are all madly in love with you for whatever reason while getting a peek at undies occasionally.

Like, one is a lot more blatant than the other.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Those characters get traits and attributes to sell cards, pillows, statues, whatever else. Gal Gun is like this creepy one off thing where as Senran Kagura is this constant, never ending exploitation of peoples hormones. It's the fucking GI Joe of Japan perv action.

the SK games that are basically musou games are actually kind of fun to play in that nebulous way that musou games can be. except they actually strip out all the surrounding nonsense and just drop you into the fights. I mean that's a really specific itch to scratch but it doesn't make it terrible.

from a strictly gameplay standpoint anyway

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everything I saw of Estival Versus looked like it played like a really bad version of a musou game that gets by only because 'fanservice' which the musou games are overstuffed with nowadays anyways.

Maybe I shouldn't judge it from the 3DS games but the first 3DS SK was fucking HORSESHIT gameplay wise.

it's definitely the worst one in that dept. I don't want to sound like I'm speaking higher of the games than I actually intend, but I genuinely enjoyed Shinovi Versus to the point where I'm considering getting Estival Versus

Frith

I like the talking and freaking out they do while waiting, but I do think this latest episode could have used to more editing.

i think it just needed more episode

there wasn't quite enough stuff happening for the tension to build (bar alex not realising quite how much spare dv they have)

I'm hoping that Vinny enjoyed Rondo enough that instead of avoiding it like he did with Castlevania 3 that he'll keep playing it on a weekly basis until he finishes it.

That game is so epic at times.

LiK

I'm hoping that Vinny enjoyed Rondo enough that instead of avoiding it like he did with Castlevania 3 that he'll keep playing it on a weekly basis until he finishes it.

That game is so epic at times.

Looked like he liked it a lot from what he played. He didn't seem as frustrated as CIII.

If Jeff really likes low quality cheap hot dogs he should come to Columbus. Our minor league baseball team has a dime a dog night I think once a month. Those are some cheap ass boiled hot dogs. 10 hot dogs...for a dollar...

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
If Jeff really likes low quality cheap hot dogs he should come to Columbus. Our minor league baseball team has a dime a dog night I think once a month. Those are some cheap ass boiled hot dogs. 10 hot dogs...for a dollar...
That sounds heavenly.

Wow so both Jeff and Dan weaseled their ways into graduating. Smh.
Nah, they just both played the game before anyone realized it was a game.

that early graduation stuff was really super common in the 90s and earlier. I can't say with experience for anything after. probably like 50% or more of my senior class (really, probably 70%) either finished senior year a semester early or only had like two classes towards the end. it was a period where they were giving high school credits in jr. high for advanced students, high school credits for off-campus stuff... there were a million ways to not be in class all the time.

was it jeff that was saying that being in advanced classes in elementary school and whatnot ended up screwing him? same thing happened to me. I was so far ahead of my grade when I went to jr. high that I was bored and badly behaved. I probably ended up being a worse student and messed up college stuff because they rushed me through stuff early on, only to stagnate for years and lose all motivation.

Myggen

that early graduation stuff was really super common in the 90s and earlier. I can't say with experience for anything after. probably like 50% or more of my senior class (really, probably 70%) either finished senior year a semester early or only had like two classes towards the end. it was a period where they were giving high school credits in jr. high for advanced students, high school credits for off-campus stuff... there were a million ways to not be in class all the time.

was it jeff that was saying that being in advanced classes in elementary school and whatnot ended up screwing him? same thing happened to me. I was so far ahead of my grade when I went to jr. high that I was bored and badly behaved. I probably ended up being a worse student and messed up college stuff because they rushed me through stuff early on, only to stagnate for years and lose all motivation.

That was Jeff yeah. I can totally see that being a problem when you're young.

I graduated in '06 and having fuck all to do your last semester or two was still a thing. I got to leave a few hours early and would have been able to leave even earlier if I hadn't continued doing band stuff that year.

I was in a gifted program from third through eighth grade, and yeah, it absolutely makes for a fucked up transition into high school. We were so far ahead that it seemed like everyone who came in from the program either finished in the top 5% in the class or just completely flamed out from disinterest.

Zaph

My God...

Anna Phillips ‏@annamphillips 2m2 minutes ago
Daulerio's depo ends with the question: Can you imagine a scenario in which a celebrity sex tape is not newsworthy? #hulkvsgawk

Anna Phillips ‏@annamphillips 2m2 minutes ago
Daulerio responds: "If they were a child."
Atty: Under what age?
"Four."
Atty: No four-year-old sex tapes, okay. #hulkvsgawk

psa, it's heating up again

The only advanced placement in my school was to take senior classes in your junior year, but senior year you still had to take a full class schedule so we had college classes for college credit, which gave me a great head start because it covered all my general ed requirements for college.

I got screwed going from advanced classes in a city school and moving to a very small rural school. Got to the rural school and I find out I'm in the lower classes for some reason. I find out that my 'advanced' classes in the city school were somewhere in between lower and normal classes in this rural school. The whole first year was so damn boring because so much of the classes were rehash of a lot of what I already learned but enough new stuff to make me have to stay in them. After that first year though I was able to catch back up to at least go to the normal classes.

pizzacat

Banned
I remember being in bridge advanced classes in elementary and hen not giving a shit after 6th grade lol. I felt kinda bad for the teachers I would give shit too lol.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'm trying out Jeff's favored way of playing games which is sitting at the edge of the bed.

Gotta say that I kinda like it. I feel more immersed in it and way less lazy. Usually I'm at the back of the bed propped up against pillows. This is kinda nice, I still feel able to get up and out and tend to things or fetch water.

Patryn

If/when Kotaku does go under, where would Scoops and Press Sneak Fuck go?

I can see Patrick trying to do the Patreon thing, but I can't see Schreier having the same pull.

And it's not like there's a lot of positions open in the industry at this point.

I'm trying out Jeff's favored way of playing games which is sitting at the edge of the bed.

Gotta say that I kinda like it. I feel more immersed in it and way less lazy. Usually I'm at the back of the bed propped up against pillows. This is kinda nice, I still feel able to get up and out and tend to things or fetch water.
I play on my bed in the same style you do for everything but i do sit up close to the TV when playing an online competitive game like COD or Halo or something.

welcome to the club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom