• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
I guess that's what you get if you don't treat homeless people with any dignity.

i guess shouldn't act too surprised considering some spots in berlin aren't necessarily spotless, either (mostly with regard to smell) but it's definitely not as bad as that graphic makes it seem

can't say i've seen the results of someone relieving themselves out in the open, yet, for example

big cities, though, huh

Nerokis

Oh my god, that video... I'm speechless.

I can't believe all the great stuff that has resulted from Dan and Patrick both getting into Mario Maker. It's a beautiful thing.

Strax

Call me a cynic, but "It's unlikely for you to come across other players" sounds like a pretty convenient reason for the developers to not make any meaningful player-to-player interaction in NMS.

Like you couldn't message a friend and go "yo meet me on the third moon of Diksuckia" or something.

For me it would be enough to see planets named "Frank was here" and "xCMPUNKx" two months post release.

kiguel182

Drew's frustation at everyone's easy time at school is the best recurring theme on Giant Bomb right now. Poor guy. He put in a lot of work when everyone kinda just half-assed it and did great.

Frith

How the fuck does Dan knoew these people

Austin had a YouTube channel to promote so he did the rounds of websites, them fudeing is a mutually beneficial relationship.
Also Dan lied about both his age and a serious illness to the make a wish foundation and he keeps milking them dry.

JonCha

The Division looked pretty average from about half of the play through that I watched. Austin was right to continue making the comparisons to Destiny; I kept wondering what it offered that Destiny didn't.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
"... and your bright spirit will be replaced by growing emptiness."

Man, stardew valley got too fucking real man.

I... I gotta lie down.

Myggen

Austin had a YouTube channel to promote so he did the rounds of websites, them fudeing is a mutually beneficial relationship.
Also Dan lied about both his age and a serious illness to the make a wish foundation and he keeps milking them dry.

Dan got to know Xavier Woods before the Youtube thing. Him and Alex met Xavier and some other wrestlers at a bar(?) during a wrestling event they went to before Dan joined the site, Dan told that story on one of the earlier Powerbombcasts.

Frith

Dan got to know Xavier Woods before the Youtube thing. Him and Alex met Xavier and some other wrestlers at a bar(?) during a wrestling event they went to before Dan joined the site, Dan told that story on one of the earlier Powerbombcasts.

I note you have no quibbles with the make a wish foundation rumour which I take as a confirmation.

That's why Dan acts like a child all the time!

Feel free to spoiler the answer but at any point in The Division do you fight zombie / infected?

That is probably the only other way that game could look more generic.

jaina

Feel free to spoiler the answer but at any point in The Division do you fight zombie / infected?

That is probably the only other way that game could look more generic.
I have not played the game and watched extensive coverage beyond GB's. But I'm very sure that does not happen in the current state of The Division.
I'm confident because of the reasons mentioned in the last The Point episode, AAA games reveal almost every content piece and mechanic before release, nowadays.

popo

I bet Rorie fished those shitty shoes out of the trash and took them home.

It's probably nothing, but at the end of the Bombcast, Brad said something along the lines of "We'll be back next week with four co-hosts" and Jeff sort of excitedly said "maybe more than four". Next week is GDC. Could we be getting some guests on the Bombcast next week?

Maybe reading too much in to it. I think Brad's "4 person podcast" was just a reference to them being a man down after Jason left. Jeff's comment could have been continuing the joke or a hint at something more.

Am I crazy or does Division sound like even less content than Destiny? Or do people just not really know yet? Or it is just more different than I'm thinking and it's hard to really compare.

Am I crazy or does Division sound like even less content than Destiny? Or do people just not really know yet? Or it is just more different than I'm thinking and it's hard to really compare.

Seems like it has more missions then Destiny but they are all in the same kind of areas so it gets kind of dull quick where as Destiny has only a few missions but they changing the environment every 3-4 missions.

Seems like it has more missions then Destiny but they are all in the same kind of areas so it gets kind of dull quick where as Destiny has only a few missions but they changing the environment every 3-4 missions.

Beyond that even does it have something like a raid? No factions or rep? Enemies don't seem varied much at all.

The Division has a lot more content than vanilla Destiny did.

Maybe I'll have to just read more into it or something but the three times I've now watched GB play it there seems to be very little difference between missions and enemies. It just seems very repetitive to me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think I've played enough Far Cry Primal at this point that I can say:

•Far Cry Primal is gorgeous
•Far Cry Primal is exceptionally boring

I guess it doesn't help that I played AC Syndicate recently and even though I loved that game, it dragged during certain parts. It is kind of funny that I used to be a huge completionist, to the point that I would even sit in the car in certain parts of San Andreas to hear ALL the radio because certain bits stopped playing once you went past certain story triggers of the game to where Ubisoft has almost completely killed my interest in collecting shit in single player games.

Drew's frustation at everyone's easy time at school is the best recurring theme on Giant Bomb right now. Poor guy. He put in a lot of work when everyone kinda just half-assed it and did great.

Heh, I loved his thoughts on Dan: "I'm glad Dan isn't here to tell us how he did nothing and got everything."

200.gif

So good.

Edit: So far The Division seems alright, definitely more enjoyable with friends of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom