• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try these?

Bed-Lounger.jpg

something about using that and not being injured or ill makes me feel bad.

JJDubz

Heh, I had all of those except for Chip's Challenge. For whatever reason it just never showed up on any of the PCs we had growing up.

Rodent's Revenge was where it was at.

THANK YOU

I'm convinced this is the first game I ever played, and I could not remember what it was called. I've been wondering for YEARS.

I absolutely loved it.

LiK

Anyone else notice this weeks Bombcast covers pretty much most of the same stuff the Beastcast did?

They had to cover stuff they missed last week.

Bombcast also missed the news this week that the Chameleon was officially dead. Beastcast will have that news on their show, I bet. Although Jeff's retelling of what happened was simply phenomenal.

Wunder

Anyone else notice this weeks Bombcast covers pretty much most of the same stuff the Beastcast did?

yeah they retread a lot of the same ground, which is kinda weird. But I guess some people only listen to one podcast so they kinda have to cover the big news

LiK

yeah they retread a lot of the same ground, which is kinda weird. But I guess some people only listen to one podcast so they kinda have to cover the big news

Yea, there's a bunch of dudes who don't listen to Beastcast at all. Crazy, I know.

THANK YOU

I'm convinced this is the first game I ever played, and I could not remember what it was called. I've been wondering for YEARS.

I absolutely loved it.

It holds the same kind of place in my gaming memory, though I'd completely forgotten about it until the talk about SkiFree led me to the Wikipedia page for the Microsoft Entertainment Pack. I had Rattler Race, too (their Snake knockoff).

BearPawB

Banned
While we are talking old PC games.
There is a game i used to play a ton when i was a kid.
That i CANT REMEMBER THE NAME OF.
And I want nothing more than to remember it.

Windows 95 or earlier (coulda been dos maybe?)

Premise: A precursor to twisted metal.
You were a floating hover ship, flew around an arena/city environment trying to take the AI down.

You could choose from a variety of ships, who were sponsored by different corporations.

And that is all i remember. I feel as though it was visually similar to doom...

While we are talking old PC games.
There is a game i used to play a ton when i was a kid.
That i CANT REMEMBER THE NAME OF.
And I want nothing more than to remember it.

Windows 95 or earlier (coulda been dos maybe?)

Premise: A precursor to twisted metal.
You were a floating hover ship, flew around an arena/city environment trying to take the AI down.

You could choose from a variety of ships, who were sponsored by different corporations.

And that is all i remember. I feel as though it was visually similar to doom...

Pretty sure that was Hover, the game mentioned on the Bombcast.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Between Syndicate, Division, and Far Cry Primal, Ubisoft is getting better and better at making absolutely gorgeous environments that I want to explore.

Yet their characters and story still remain in the lowest of the low. Only exceeding bad anime game stories and characters.

I'm really digging exploring Massive's New York. And I actually prioritize that over leveling or whatever.

LiK

Between Syndicate, Division, and Far Cry Primal, Ubisoft is getting better and better at making absolutely gorgeous environments that I want to explore.

Yet their characters and story still remain in the lowest of the low. Only exceeding bad anime game stories and characters.

I'm really digging exploring Massive's New York. And I actually prioritize that over leveling or whatever.

Yea, they're awesome with atmosphere and core gameplay but they need people who can write better stories/characters.

yami4ct

*Goes into Dark Souls 3 PC Framerate thread*
*Immediately sees comments calling From Software lazy*
*Realizes he should've known better and closes tab*

*Goes into Dark Souls 3 PC Framerate thread*
*Immediately sees comments calling From Software lazy*
*Realizes he should've known better and closes tab*

you gotta admit, they have been lazy though. They didn't port either Demon's Souls or Bloodborne to the PC and then only did a 30 fps port of Dark Souls that had to be fixed by a modder.

Their PC track record stinks and they should be put on blast for it

yami4ct

you gotta admit, they have been lazy though. They didn't port either Demon's Souls or Bloodborne to the PC and then only did a 30 fps port of Dark Souls that had to be fixed by a modder.

Their PC track record stinks and they should be put on blast for it

Don't confuse not being a technically proficient dev with being lazy. They are very different things. Lazy is a horrible personal insult and I guarantee the devs aren't putting in these changes out of a desire to do less work.

Any fan will tell you that technical performance is not From's strongpoint and can be a real weakness of their games, but calling them lazy is a really reductive and shitty thing to do.

The lack of PC ports for Bloodborne and Demon's Souls is almost certainly due to Sony publishing deals.

dude i wasn't being serious lol

Even if one considers Dark Souls "lazy" it came at a time when that type of port wasn't as common and at its very worst it was still better than the console versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom