• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Bleach worse than Naruto? I always thought people placed it on a higher level.

And how's Fairy Tail?

Bleach is terrible and boring. The OT is just people being sad.

Fairy Tail is great if you love boobs and generic friendship-based power-ups.

I watched what probably amounts to "too much" DBZ and it pretty much single-handedly turned me off of shounen forever

no such thing as too much db

i'd say go with harvest moon: a new beginning or rune factory 4 (incidentally going on sale for the first time in eu tomorrow)

Story of Seasons kind of crushes ANB in my opinion, even though I liked ANB when it came out. also it has the added benefit of not running like shit

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
If I become Moderator I will ban all anime (that includes Gundam) and Destiny talk.
3ZISWt0.jpg

can we all agree that despite looking young as heck now, Patrick looks a MILLION times better without those pubes on his face

once again the New Day saves the day

Not sure if anyone noticed this or if Dan mentioned it before, but you can now follow him on PSN. Brad, Alex, and Vinny, too.

Edit- And Dave Lang..... ;p (and Boyes, Drake, and Kessler)

I wonder if they are going to do what Greg Miller has said he'll do. Now that PSN allows you to "follow" people in addition to having PSN friends, Greg said he'll probably purge his friends list and only keep friends and colleagues. He said playing The Division is what made him realize that was his plan. He said scrolling to find a particular person to play with took forever (his friends list is full). I wouldn't be surprised if other people start doing this as well, especially when there are games that actually glitch out due to the size of friends lists.

hamchan

Is Bleach worse than Naruto? I always thought people placed it on a higher level.

And how's Fairy Tail?

Bleach was legitimately pretty awesome up to the end of the Soul Society arc and then it falls down a huge quality cliff that it never climbs out of.

Fairy Tail was pretty decent for a light-hearted romp at the start of the series but has started to focus mainly on showing boobs these days.

Jintor

Help, I can't find Ryan Davis reading his yelp review in the most nasally pretentious voice imaginable. Inexplicably the section by itself doesn't seem to be on youtube under a cursory 'bombcast yelp' or 'ryan davis yelp' search

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Not sure if anyone noticed this or if Dan mentioned it before, but you can now follow him on PSN. Brad, too.

Edit- And Dave Lang..... ;p (and Boyes, Drake, and Kessler)

I'm friends with Dave Lang on PSN. Envy me.

I think he adds everyone

surprised to hear you're keeping up on these games btw

nah, slice of life/slow life/whatever games are pretty much my wheelhouse

you kind of have to also realize that Yakuza and Persona games basically fall into that category. the fact that I've played all but like 3 HM games ever released is less surprising than the fact that I'm not really a Shenmue fan

If I become a moderator I will bring about a new age of thoughtful Xuxa discussions. This should then eliminate the temptation many have regarding wrestling, anime, and Mario maker talk.

A vote for me is a vote for a better tomorrow

Ryan's God of War ascension comments from a 2013 podcast are pretty much on the money. The game is just pure spectacle but there's like no honest attempt at a story here. Even the cut scenes are often just motion comic-esque half asked things.

Add to that that this is another prequel so there's zero tension in what little story there is anyhow and you're really just playing it for the set pieces and the visuals. At least it excels at those two things though. Some of these visuals would make your average ps4 game blush.

Looks like they won't be needing any new Game Tapes material anytime soon:
Just like they won't be needing any more demo discs soon right?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Glorious race cars return to us. Mario Maker also returns and the KEY UPDATE is live!

Should be some interesting stuff.

Seriously though, I really dug Outlaw Star, FLCL, Big O, Rurouni Kenshin and Yu Yu Hakusho when I was a kid. I wonder how those shows hold up.

Having just watched through all of Big O less than a week ago, I can tell you it holds up quite well. Love the dub on that one.

The rest are all good except I don't remember Kenshin super well after the fight with the bandage guy. FLCL is sorta dumb but in a fun way. Outlaw is damn near perfect, and Yu Yu is a good time up to the end of the Dark Tournament. Wasn't a fan of the next two seasons after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom