• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I can't stop playing Stardew Valley...

it's a curse. i have a party on friday, a possible live event to go to on saturday and gonna hang out with my friend i haven't seen in two years on sunday and part of me wants to blow off at least one of these events and just play farming simulator 2016: not quite anime edition

No_Style

Just saw Patrick's video. As soon as I saw his shaven face I exclaimed: Oh God. Put it back! Put it back!

Who knew 1UP era Patrick was hiding behind that goatee?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And there will never be another Windjammers!

RCndIH8.png

When people hear 'Wreckateer' they think you're talking about the anime PC shopkeeper game
giphy.gif

Tubobutts

Just saw Patrick's video. As soon as I saw his shaven face I exclaimed: Oh God. Put it back! Put it back!

Who knew 1UP era Patrick was hiding behind that goatee?
His hair needs to be way bigger to be 1up Patrick.

Also I ordered Dominos and will now watch The Division quick look. And I didn't buy a gunpla but I did buy a book they talked about.

justjim89

The Hitman QL should be great.

Dan and/or Brad, if you're browsing the thread, you really ought to make HitDan: Brad Money a thing. That's a series with some real potential. And we could all use some new Premium Shoemaker.

Scizzy

They should have sacrificed watchability and had Mario Party 6 while Dan was in Chicago. It would have been the perfect low blow to Dirty Dan. Can you imagine how he would have reacted?

yami4ct

They should have sacrificed watchability and had Mario Party 6 while Dan was in Chicago. It would have been the perfect low blow to Dirty Dan. Can you imagine how he would have reacted?

A new MPP would arguable be more watchable without Dan and his constant Waluigi taunts.

I love you Dan, but Waluigi's awful voice combined with you hammering that button is the worst.

combine recettear and stardew/harvest moon

hmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HM: Grand Bazaar actually basically did that, and I actually really enjoyed that one. like, the bulk of the game was a little weak for the series, but you couldn't sell your shit in the shipping bins, you had to wait for certain days and set up a stall, and you had to concern yourself with what products to sell when etc. I was so addicted to that.

so basically what I'm saying is man I wish

Bowlie

Banned
*googles monster girl quest*

what the fuck

There's a screenshot of a woman who's snake from the waist up that's unsettling me.

yami4ct

It seems like Vinny's reaction to the new Naruto game is less that it's worse than the old one and more that he's experiencing just how bad that shit got. God I wish CC2 got to make a cool original game again. They have some of the best style.

The 'that sounds like something Dan would say' comment is the best. Dan is truly a generic anime protagonist as much as he tries to play heel.

It seems like Vinny's reaction to the new Naruto game is less that it's worse than the old one and more that he's experiencing just how bad that shit got. God I wish CC2 got to make a cool original game again. They have some of the best style.

The 'that sounds like something Dan would say' comment is the best. Dan is truly a generic anime protagonist as much as he tries to play heel.

I didn't realise how... DBZ-esque Naruto had gotten either. I really liked how (relatively) grounded it was in the earlier arcs, too.

And yeah, they have the foundations for a great game. Just need the tools to build it.

yami4ct

I didn't realise how... DBZ-esque Naruto had gotten either. I really liked how (relatively) grounded it was in the earlier arcs, too.

And yeah, they have the foundations for a great game. Just need the tools to build it.

That's shonen power creep for you. When you're running with the same characters for 10+years, and you want a constant escalation of threat and growth, things are gonna get silly. DBZ started out as the original Dragonball. As much as it's the definition of silly over the top power, it did it over time as well.

That's shonen power creep for you. When you're running with the same characters for 10+years, and you want a constant escalation of threat and growth, things are gonna get silly. DBZ started out as the original Dragonball. As much as it's the definition of silly over the top power, it did it over time as well.

Naruto has always had the caveat though that he has a ticking time bomb inside him of one of the most powerful beings. So his power creep wasn't farfetched compared to say, Sasuke.

I had to tune out on Sasuke when he grew a pair of giant hands (not arms, just hands) from his back. Was too much.

Hair down to your ankles? That's pretty cool, honestly. But back-hands? Noooo...

Oh right, yeah. I never saw much of DB so it's easy for me to forget that it went from a simple dragonball hunt to saving the multiverse itself.

That said, I definitely think that energy blasts and power-ups in DBZ scale a lot better than tailed beasts and ancient jutsus in Naruto... at least until Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan enters the picture.

Lunar FC

Might just take me a few shots before the UFC quicklook drops.

Edit: Nvm, you just depressed me.

Oh god....I was listening to this and Jeff says he needs to get a new doctor and will probably just go with Ryan's doctor because "your not dead yet." This was in January of 2013 :(

Joeku

First day off in awhile tomorrow. Gonna start Stardew. Never played any Harvest Moon or Runefactory or whatever before; anything obvious I may miss and should know going in? Or is exploring and figuring out what there is to do a lot of the fun?

yami4ct

Something about Jason's voice on the Bombcast this week was really bugging me. I'm not sure if he's fighting a cold, had a weird mic or it was the mixing, but it sounded off.

Naruto has always had the caveat though that he has a ticking time bomb inside him of one of the most powerful beings. So his power creep wasn't farfetched compared to say, Sasuke.

Well, Sasuke has edgy, cool rival power. It also helped him that Naruto is a whiny shit that most people hated, so Sasuke became the dude people actually liked.

That is until he became super emo buzzkill.

Well, Sasuke has edgy, cool rival power. It also helped him that Naruto is a whiny shit that most people hated, so Sasuke became the dude people actually liked.

That is until he became super emo buzzkill.

Yeah, Sasuke had that Squall thing going for him, except he was more of a douche.

It still tickles my funny bones that people were pissed off that Sakura didn't end up with Naruto in the end. I knew it from the start it would never happen, Sakura literally had battered wife syndrome by the end of the series.

Jintor

First day off in awhile tomorrow. Gonna start Stardew. Never played any Harvest Moon or Runefactory or whatever before; anything obvious I may miss and should know going in? Or is exploring and figuring out what there is to do a lot of the fun?

some basics:

A few stuff unlocks over the first 2-5 days (or longer) of playing, so don't worry if you don't have a fishing rod or whatever right off the bat.

Axe is for tree cutting, hoe is for preparing soil, pick-axe is for digging and clearing prepared soil, watering can is for watering.

Take your time and don't fret about stuff unless you enjoy the game better when fretting.

If auto-run isn't enabled in options, enable it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Yeah, Sasuke had that Squall thing going for him, except he was more of a douche.

It still tickles my funny bones that people were pissed off that Sakura didn't end up with Naruto in the end. I knew it from the start it would never happen, Sakura literally had battered wife syndrome by the end of the series.

When you say "Squall thing" do you mean the sort of thing like Dan has that makes him enjoy Mario Party? Because if Mario Party were a person, Squall would be his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom