• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they won't be needing any new Game Tapes material anytime soon:

8Mkgbmf.gif

popo

Making Alt+F1 free for the masses really goes against the spirit of F1. Just knowing that freeloading plebs can also listen ruins any enjoyment. This must be how Xbox One owners feel.

btw while we're on the subject, i'll recommend two retronauts episodes

Not Harvest Moon but the latest episode on Final Fantasy music is really good. Must have been a long edit.

Jeff's salty old maths teacher is my pick for the new hire.

If he was retiring when Jeff was a kid he will be pissing himself in some care home at best - pushing daisies at worst.

Frith

I've just thought maybe alt f1 going free is trying to get on that potential haas USA f1 wave

Lots of room for a lighthearted f1 primer

Its kinda perfect timing

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I just watch the One Piece quick look where Dan and Jeff both sort of fall in love with One Piece, and then I feel like I got all I need from the series.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I kind of felt like it never made sense that Alt-F1 was exclusive.

Like, what's the venn diagram of giantbomb subscribers and F1 anyway?

Might as well make it free to hook people who are into F1 onto giantbomb.

I kind of felt like it never made sense that Alt-F1 was exclusive.

Like, what's the venn diagram of giantbomb subscribers and F1 anyway?

Might as well make it free to hook people who are into F1 onto giantbomb.

Yeah I thought it was weird too, same with Danswers, the niche podcast being premium only just seems to do more harm than good.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah I thought it was weird too, same with Danswers, the niche podcast being premium only just seems to do more harm than good.

Danswers I kinda get because it usually turns out to be more about the more personal stories from people in the giantbomb family.

Because other than that it basically devolves into trust being the answer to everything.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm friends with Dave Lang on PSN. Envy me.

I think he adds everyone

I'm somehow real name friend with both Jeff and Adam Boyes lol...

They were both adding everybody when the PS4 launched.

For the real name thing... Jeff used me to show off the feature on the GB live stream on launch day (I was popular on the internet for a minute!). No idea why Adam sent me a real name request though lol.

Myggen

I remember either Danny or Dan saying that Danswers pulls in really nice numbers for them.

GB has just always made the podcasts that aren't gaming-related Premium. Alt+F1 becoming free might mean that they're easing up on that a bit.

Frith

i don't care cos i'm premium 4 life to keep the podcast from being split in 2 parts (ha)

but alt f1 is the premium thing that i was most excited by

most f1 coverage is grognard shit or terrible light trash they could clean up being the third way

and then we will hear about leesa mattresses with 3 individual carbon fibre layers

Patryn

I remember either Danny or Dan saying that Danswers pulls in really nice numbers for them.

GB has just always made the podcasts that aren't gaming-related Premium. Alt+F1 becoming free might mean that they're easing up on that a bit.

Possible that they found a way to monetize the non-gaming podcasts?

I haven't listened to the new Alt-F1. Were there ads?

Myggen

Not at the start at least (I'm 20 minutes in). If they're gonna have ads on they will probably have to wait a few episodes to see what their numbers are non-Premium.

Frith

if you go plug numbers in to midrolls website podcasts pay for themselfs real quick if you can get into the tens of thousands of listeners but you need the listener numbers first they wouldn't be able to do it out of the gate i don't think (no ads so far but i'm not even half way)

slowpoke.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom