• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
What is the Beast stream this week even going to be?

Guessing it's not a Vinnyvania.

tumblr_maywxtAlDm1qepij6o1_500.gif

Patryn

What if the Mario Maker stream IS the east coast stream?

Swerve!

I could see something like that working. Have each coast work on a level and then challenge the other to beat it.

Sadly, Vinny and Austin would probably carefully and thoughtfully put out a thematically consistent level that was elegant, while Dan would just throw in every asshole trick known to man.

i bought that hitman bundle on steam with all the games sans the new one a couple days ago

curious to dig in

I'd recommend skipping the original -- or at least not planning to play it completely through, as it hasn't aged well at all. The second game is where it really started trending in a better, more stealthy direction, though it didn't truly peak until Blood Money.

daydream

Banned
I'd recommend skipping the original -- or at least not planning to play it completely through, as it hasn't aged well at all. The second game is where it really started trending in a better, more stealthy direction, though it didn't truly peak until Blood Money.

i'll definitely give them a shot in chronological order. i don't mind more rigid stealth experiences. splinter cell will always be a million times better to me than the uncontrollable mess that is (pre-v) mgs or something like dishonored

i'm more curious to see if the games manage to avoid the 'deception syndrome' of having a lot of options but not giving the player enough incentive (or the tools) to simply resort to the same MO over and over again

LiK

I just wish it wasn't "episodic." Seems entirely unneeded. Also those load times look nuts.

I think they went episodic cuz they couldn't get the full game out sooner. Anyway, happy we get a more free form Hitman again. I own Absolution but never got around to it. I should check it out just for the graphics on PC.

plus, the best parts of Hitman 1 are in Contracts anyhow so there's like zero reasons to play the first game.

daydream

Banned
I just wish it wasn't "episodic." Seems entirely unneeded. Also those load times look nuts.

on the other hand, this probably allows them to really focus on making every scenario as varied and carefully crafted as possible. going for the big areas pretty much requires them to add sprinkles and ai routines everywhere so as to not make it feel empty.

the surface reason is probably that an episodic model is more feasible for them if they wanna make this game happen but it does have its advantages. not to mention they're naming this just 'hitman' so who knows how long they're gonna support it. well, it will depend on how well it does, but i think it's pretty clear that this is intended as a hub/platform of sorts for hitman content in the near future

oti

Banned
Oh hell yeah best video format coming back with Super Mario Maker

oh wait it starts midnight for me, guess I'll try the level first before I watch them doing it

I dont want another botched stealth series after watching Drew struggle through MGSV. They tend to worry too much about being entertaining and not enough about playing stealthily if MGScanlon is anything to go by.

I would just be an exercise in frustration, again.

I dont want another botched stealth series after watching Drew struggle through MGSV. They tend to worry too much about being entertaining and not enough about playing stealthily if MGScanlon is anything to go by.

But the Hitman quicklooks have already been really entertaining?

daydream

Banned

premium one-offs are a thing, you know

they don't do them as much anymore, for some reason (at least gbwest doesn't) but yeah, not everything needs to be a series

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Different dynamics really. The hitman videos so far has been a battle between brad's neurotic tendencies and dan's want to do goofy things as both of them very badly stealth their way through the game.

It's a fucking fantastic dynamic.

But the Hitman quicklooks have already been really entertaining?
Well that's because we're watching them play a game we've never played so we don't know how incompetent and poorly they're actually playing.

Wait till we see them botch a decade old game a few times, let's see how well it plays out then.

Y'all wanted mgsv when folks were saying "no, you really don't" so it's not like anyone here is listening ::whistles while walking away::

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well that's because we're watching them play a game we've never played so we don't know how incompetent and poorly they're actually playing.

Wait till we see them botch a decade old game a few times, let's see how well it plays out then.

Y'all wanted mgsv when folks were saying "no, you really don't" so it's not like anyone here is listening ::whistles while walking away::

Well I want blood money only. MGScanlon 1-4 were fantastic due to all the goofy things in them. Blood money can allow you to be super goofy.

daydream

Banned
hi brad

as someone who's firmly anti-mgscanlon, that's totally not the reason why that concept didn't work

edit: 'wile e. coyote game by the hitman people' is the best game pitch i've heard in months

Or that doesn't matter because like Whippy said, the dynamic works really well here. Also I think there was a pretty even split between people that wanted MGSV and people that didn't so I don't think there's much of an argument there.

I also don't want them to do the whole series.

Yeah, I think a HitDan feature only works for Blood Money. The early games give you some flexibility but it's too easy to piss everyone off and ruin a level. Not much room for silliness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom