• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

"Well, it said circle for 'Drag.'"

It's not often that Dan's one-liners are actually clever, but this one made me spit out my Honey Bunches of Oats. Good stuff, Dan.

justjim89

The new Hitman seems to really capture the B-movie soul of the Hitman series. Absolution went for a really weird grindhouse-noir thing that didn't work at all.

I don't think that the enemy variety issue in The Division is going to be quite as big a deal as Jeff is making it out to be. I mean in Destiny there are what, three or four factions? It's pretty repetitive there, too.

The real problem, I think, comes in the form of the raids. Think about Destiny's setting vs. The Division's, and you'll kinda see the problem. Destiny has some puzzle aspects in its raids to make them more than just "shoot dudes," and the division isn't going to be able to do that very well at all. And when you think about raid bosses, what are the Division raid bosses gonna be? Just regular dudes who have a ton of health? I think the game is fun, but I worry that it doesn't really have legs. Like Jeff said on twitter, there just needs to be more weapon and gear variety. You're just killing dudes to get slightly better AK-47s to kill dudes with.

I have yet to head into the dark zone, since I'm waiting for my friends, but I'm hoping that it's been fleshed out since the beta and there's a bit more to do in there, since that's what seems to be the meat of the game.

TraBuch

Banned
I'll never understand why Brad is always so hesitant to do things differently than usual. He's playing a video game, who gives a shit if something goes wrong?

Renpatsu

I'll never understand why Brad is always so hesitant to do things differently than usual. He's playing a video game, who gives a shit if something goes wrong?
I know that for some games at least he's been playing on a personal save game and is reluctant if the game automatically saves without a means to roll back, but that said I agree.

justjim89

"I NEED TO CROUCH!"

"They're gonna think you're up to something if you crouch!"

"I NEED TO CROUCH!"

Dan and Brad is such a good pairing. Dan helps bring out Brad's inherent goofiness.

jaina

"I NEED TO CROUCH!"

"They're gonna think you're up to something if you crouch!"

"I NEED TO CROUCH!"

Dan and Brad is such a good pairing. Dan helps bring out Brad's inherent goofiness.

bf354379a15ab4aa00d3e37029c48f79.png

Sorry if this is a stupid question... But is Alt+F1 on a different podcast feed? I'm subscribed to the premium feed and still get stuff from there, but the newest Alt+F1 never populated. Did they switch to a different feed since they're free?

pizzacat

Banned
Man this might not be the right place but fuck
spiderman. Green Lantern won't be seen for another decade but this scrub gets rebooted twice? He's literally the Sonic the hedgehog of comic books and comic movies. I'm over it whatev :[

Myggen

Sorry if this is a stupid question... But is Alt+F1 on a different podcast feed? I'm subscribed to the premium feed and still get stuff from there, but the newest Alt+F1 never populated. Did they switch to a different feed since they're free?

It is. According to Drew on Twitter yesterday it should be up on itunes and such soon, but I don't see the separate feed there yet.

Edit: As Kelas pointed out, the RSS feed is up.

they've spun it off to its own podcast now. just get the RSS feed from the webpage for the podcast and put that into your favorite app

kiguel182

Man this might not be the right place but fuck
spiderman. Green Lantern won't be seen for another decade but this scrub gets rebooted twice? He's literally the Sonic the hedgehog of comic books and comic movies. I'm over it whatev :[

Well, this is certainly the worst post I've read today. Spider-Man is the best super-hero.

itunes is super dumb with podcasts. I've set up two there before, one feed worked immediately, the other took two uploads before it picked up the RSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom