• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another great Hitman QL. Brad/Dan is the ultimate Hitman combo.

Brad's Big Book of Stealth paying off again

Yeah, I think a HitDan feature only works for Blood Money. The early games give you some flexibility but it's too easy to piss everyone off and ruin a level. Not much room for silliness.

Contracts is also good and has the added benefit of being a "greatest hits" of some of the best stages from the earlier games.

Meneses

Man, these Hitman videos are gold.

I'm looking forward to playing it later, having spent some time with the Beta. The load times are pretty bad and that Plot Hole in the QL was a bit worrying, but it seems to be a pretty cool game.

There's one mission in Hitman Contracts that is like one of 3 things that i really remember from the game. Let me see if i can find an old post...here it is!

I did a mission in Hitman Contacts yesterday that genuinely left me impressed. I had to kill an asshole that had access to a nuke on a ship. Problem was that a SWAT team was also going after him at the same time and while my contract read that he was to be killed the SWAT team had all the intentions in the world of bringing him in alive.

So, I ended up putting a GPS tracker on the car holding the nuke so that when the bomb arrives onto the boat that this jerk was on I would know where to find it. Once i was on the boat, i located the nuke and disarmed it.

Now, as I was arriving to the boat this dude had announced to everyone that if anyone shoots him he'll set off the detonator and nuke us all to hell and back. So I had already accounted for that issue with the bomb having been disabled. I killed some SWAT duders who got in my way and stole their gear and I finally approached him. Pulled out my silenced pistol, popped him in his head. But now, i had to get the hell out of there and I was surrounded by enemies everywhere. So I tried something that I thought for sure wouldn't work for a relatively older stealth game: I grabbed the detonator off of my target and held it in my hand for all to see. I figured, I was the only person on the boat that knew the bomb had been defused, if i walk around with this thing in my hand people should back off.

And sure enough, everyone freaked out when they saw I had the detonator in my hand and let me walk right on by, all the way to my escape.

So yeah, even though i end up going rambo 70% of the time in this game, the moments where you could leverage the things around you to outsmart the game are really well done.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
The lighting and (some of) the animation in ufc 2 looks really great.

Myggen

vjp62e1.png

Glad to hear the Hitman QL is good stuff. Can't wait to watch it tonight.

I'm still enjoying the hell out of The Division. Drop rates are far lower than in the betas, though. It really pushes players to look for loot in the DZs, which I'm sure was the devs' intention.

justjim89

Do you remember which QL the Big Book of Stealth joke comes from?

The Big Book of Stealth came from the Styx: Master of Shadows QL, if I recall.

Brad, you need to make HitDan: Brad Money a thing! Please!

Jeff saying he wouldn't get that bar tattoo across his nipples for $500,000 is preposterous. I'd do that shit for $500.

jaina

I don't mind if they reschedule to better fit their available time. But this change for Mario Maker took it from "a still managable time" to "no go" in Europe. (Unless on vacation like me)
Maybe something worth considering for future decision between 1pm PT or 3pm PT? Same for 10am or 1pm ET. thx

edit: thanks for not changing the avatar at the same time Sergol

justjim89

Hitman looks so great. I know some folks are down on the episodic model, but I love the idea of checking back in throughout the year to perfect new hits. Plus, it was either this model or waiting until 2017 for the full release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom