• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably because I came in so late but I really don't care for Patrick much either. Especially not this Youtube side. The only good thing he did from my perspective was give Alex a personal podcast to vent about Assassin's Creed on.

TraBuch

Banned
I always thought Patrick tried a bit too hard to fit in, especially during live events. He also had this annoying habit of like, explaining funny things. Something funny happens and everyone knows what's funny, but he feels the need to explain why it's funny.

I always thought Patrick tried a bit too hard to fit in, especially during live events. He also had this annoying habit of like, explaining funny things. Something funny happens and everyone knows what's funny, but he feels the need to explain why it's funny.

I only got that from his first appears on a live show, before he was actually a staff member.

He seemed fine after an adjustment period with the duders. we're just spoiled since Dan, Jason, and Austin seemed to have had a much smoother transition in comparison.

but boy did people really dislike patrick for a minute there. they never accepted him as a proper giant bomb dad : /

you guys have kind of already said it but holy crap thank god dan was on this hitman quick look with brad. brad wanted to take the boring way out at nearly every turn.

Bowlie

Banned
I don't think listening to someone's opinions in 2011 means much. I haven't heard those podcasts, and I ain't his biggest fan, but certainly a person can change in 5 years.

And I think "I am yet to see anything that makes me (...) have any semblance of respect for him" is a bit too harsh.

---

edit: game tapes on youtube? nice.

I know some people are mixed on Kimaris, but I love that huge javelin:
CdE2pwdXEAA5sAD.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
Watching the UFC Quicklook really makes me want to play Fight Night... Looks like they are not on the backward compatible list unfortunately.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Brad did a great job on that Hitman QL of showing why showcasing all the challenges and all that shit is a bad idea.

Fucked up his whole run for some in-game meta achievement and completely ruined the flow of the whole thing.

justjim89

Brad did a great job on that Hitman QL of showing why showcasing all the challenges and all that shit is a bad idea.

Fucked up his whole run for some in-game meta achievement and completely ruined the flow of the whole thing.

I could see why they did it, though. Players new to what classic Hitman is aren't likely to understand it fully. There really aren't any other games like it. So having a screen saying "Here's all the cool ways you can do this" could be helpful to someone who doesn't quite know how to penetrate the game. Same goes for the "follow this opportunity" UI thing. Concessions made in the name of modernization and accessibility. Like, for me I'm gonna turn all that stuff off before I even boot the first mission, but I can see why it's there.

The challenges could also be helpful for after you've beat the level a few times and are going completionist on it. After all, it is only one mission a month for this game.

Wunder

I could see why they did it, though. Players new to what classic Hitman is aren't likely to understand it fully. There really aren't any other games like it. So having a screen saying "Here's all the cool ways you can do this" could be helpful to someone who doesn't quite know how to penetrate the game. Same goes for the "follow this opportunity" UI thing. Concessions made in the name of modernization and accessibility. Like, for me I'm gonna turn all that stuff off before I even boot the first mission, but I can see why it's there.

The challenges could also be helpful for after you've beat the level a few times and are going completionist on it. After all, it is only one mission a month for this game.

Yeah, it's nice to have a checklist for something like this and especially since you literally just have one level to toy around in, it'd be annoying having to fish around for every single potential solution. It's good they gave players the option to turn a lot of that stuff off too, so you can just do that before you jump in for the first time and then have a reference if you ever want to 100% it.

oti

Banned

In other words he Braded the QL. Shocking.

I'm not sure what the problem is as a) the game shows you the challenges and b) showing them off made me even more tempted to buy it since it's a good glimpse of how much stuff they've packed into each mission. If you consider basic gameplay information to be a spoiler then don't watch.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I haven't seen the QL for hitman but did he literally spoil all of the challenges for the paris stage in that video?

unbelievable

Do we consider menu items and something the game isn't even trying to hide spoilers now?

Really?

That he finished the entire stage in that video isn't a bigger spoiler?

Come on.

kvk1

i was gonna make this negative post about how every QL Dan's been on lately is just trying to break the game in stupid ways for about half an hour

but then i thought that's what I love Vinny for

so now i'm having this internal conflict

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Well, fuck. Brad just spoiled the Hitman Menu Font for me. Thanks Brad, I was looking forward to discovering the magic of that font myself.

No, there are way too many people who would actually do the same thing sincerely.

I guess my troll game is strong but my sarcasm game is weak.

I'll work on it.

i was gonna make this negative post about how every QL Dan's been on lately is just trying to break the game in stupid ways for about half an hour

the best was when vinny actually broke a game and it wasn't his fault at all, like just about every sleepy dawgs video they did.

I just can't get enough of PICK UP THE PURSE

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Like that's the only reason why Vinny was even in the ATS quick look.

Myggen

Hasn't he only done that in the BSO and to some degree but not really the Hitman QL?

Also yes, seems like a weird thing to complain about.

Zaph

Speaking of surfacing challenges, I'm not I like the way Hitman does it. Sure you can just not look at the menu, but I think they could have been smarter and encourage experimentation by only giving the player initial targets, then optionally revealing the possibilities once you've completed the mission. I think that's how MGSV did it with secondary objectives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom