• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

I've never really been that crazy about Mario World, though, I'll admit. Never owned a SNES and maybe played 45 minutes of it on Virtual Console. I grew up with Mario and Mario 3 and played the shit out of NSMB Wii. So I suppose I feel the same way about World as they do about NSMB.

I've never really been that crazy about Mario World, though, I'll admit. Never owned a SNES and maybe played 45 minutes of it on Virtual Console. I grew up with Mario and Mario 3 and played the shit out of NSMB Wii. So I suppose I feel the same way about World as they do about NSMB.

aesthetically, the 4 game styles go like SMB3 > SMB1 >>> SMW >>> NSMBU

but NSMBU also has the walljump, the triple jump and the shake hover thing, so it's a million times more interesting than SMW mechancially, so anyone
who isn't shallow as heck
should pick it over SMW every single time if you plan to use SMW mechanics

unless you wanna do a cape level, which everyone should definitely do more of

Zaph

It's not GB's fault that NSMB looks like fan art by someone learning 3ds max. Can't blame anyone for not being able to get past that.

justjim89

aesthetically, the 4 game styles go like SMB3 > SMB1 >>> SMW >>> NSMBU

but NSMBU also has the walljump, the triple jump and the shake hover thing, so it's a million times more interesting than SMW mechancially, so anyone
who isn't shallow as heck
should pick it over SMW every single time if you plan to use SMW mechanics

unless you wanna do a cape level, which everyone should definitely do more of

Honestly, I'd say NSMB looks better than World, to me. So much of World just looks ugly, whereas there are lot of beautiful elements in the NSMB look, especially lava and fire levels. Even the Goombas look shitty in World.

And yeah, mechanically NSMB is way more interesting than the older games. You could do some fun stuff based around wall jumps and hovers.

jaina

is roys' boys related to the "my boy roy" smash meme or something else?

edit: I've been informed it's "roy's our boy", thank you very much

Megasoum

Banned
I would take a NSMB level over Mario 1 lever ANYDAY.

You are super limited in what you can do in a Mario 1 level and there's stuff in NSMB that you can only do there and could make great dick move materials for those levels.

No_Style

The Hitman QL is really selling me on the game. Sucks that there won't be a retail release until the end of this year.

Yeah. I but on the bright side, it will debut during a slower period (Brad said January) and complete by then it will be complete.

Also, thank goodness Dan was there to talk Brad from just strangling people to death!

Honestly, I'd say NSMB looks better than World, to me. So much of World just looks ugly, whereas there are lot of beautiful elements in the NSMB look, especially lava and fire levels. Even the Goombas look shitty in World.

And yeah, mechanically NSMB is way more interesting than the older games. You could do some fun stuff based around wall jumps and hovers.

To be clear, when I say aesthetically, I'm considering the music as well. SMW's soundtrack is incredible. Mind you, I think it does look a lot more distinctive to boot, even if it absolutely has a lot of ugly moments.

I would take a NSMB level over Mario 1 lever ANYDAY.

You are super limited in what you can do in a Mario 1 level and there's stuff in NSMB that you can only do there and could make great dick move materials for those levels.

In Mario Maker, NSMB level usually means "Wall Jump challenge #420,069" or "shitty level made by a literal child"

Joeku

Watching the Beast Coast crew play UNS4 makes me want to replay Asura's Wrath. AW is so goddamn good, and without the weird context of "it's a fighting/brawling game!". It just works.

Xeteh

Watching the Beast Coast crew play UNS4 makes me want to replay Asura's Wrath. AW is so goddamn good, and without the weird context of "it's a fighting/brawling game!". It just works.

I kept thinking of getting that but isn't the "true" ending hidden behind DLC? It kind of turned me off from it.

Joeku

One of my favourite games of all time. Probably top 20.

giphy.gif

I kept thinking of getting that but isn't the "true" ending hidden behind DLC? It kind of turned me off from it.

Yeah, it's one of the worst things of last gen. Unfortunately, the paid last act DLC is the best thing about the game. It's truly unfortunate but the end is so FUCKING GOOD. I genuinely feel bad about how much I like the (paid DLC) ending.

I understand people just wanting to watch it, but those Panzer Dragoon sections are pretty fun and I love mashing those buttons myself. Could do without playing the regular combat though.

Yeah, it's like $7. I paid for it because I got the game for dirt cheap and it didn't bother me but I can see how it rubs some folks the wrong way
Similar situation. The DLC came out while I was renting it so it wasn't much of a total expense. I also got the "OVA after an anime season finishes" vibe from it, so it was ok for me.

oti

Banned
What's up with Dan? Usually the mere thought of the crying souls playing his unfair level abominations feed his dark soul but today it seems like he's almost resenting his terrible creation.

Is he Frankenstein?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom