• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching the QB stuff I get the same feeling I had when I played sunset overdrive. If you don't know how to use every system they give you or don't use them them, your gonna have an experience like Drew had where he's trying to aim every single shot super slowly. Where as you should be zipping around throwing up time bubbles and unloading into them then zipping back( sorta like how in sunset you had to use the grinds, air dashes, bounces and weapons all together so that everything just blended smoothly together)

Excited to play around with powers and nail it down. Then it gets even more interesting with the enemies that can use time powers as well.

Daheza

That mario maker stream was the best. Dying repeatedly to the gumba pit while vinny was throwing shade in the chat was amazing
#softcoast

Mr. F

Banned
I kind of wish Jeff or Brad had played Quantum, I don't find Drew is as great at articulating his experiences with games.

Watching this Quantim Break Unfinished, and I feel compelled to point out that DONTNOD's Remember Me showed us the glory of time scrubbing long before Batman: Arkham Origins.
guys i fell into a stardew valley hole and i cant climb out

Equip your pickaxe. Dig your way through this!

Alfredo

I'm watching today's Giant Bomb Makes Mario, and Dan says Celeste is Blathers's girlfriend. Disgusting. Celsete is Blathers's sister! Learn your Animal Crossing lore, Dan!

Daheza

I'm watching today's Giant Bomb Makes Mario, and Dan says Celeste is Blathers's girlfriend. Disgusting. Celsete is Blathers's sister! Learn your Animal Crossing lore, Dan!

Quick someone warn him before he puts them next to each other on amiibo shelf 2.

hamchan

The aiming in Quantum Break does look pretty bad but then it is Drew playing, so who knows. Also I'll be playing on PC with a mouse so I guess I won't have his aiming problem.

Man that aiming looks like shit but i'll have to check it myself

The aiming in Quantum Break does look pretty bad but then it is Drew playing, so who knows. Also I'll be playing on PC with a mouse so I guess I won't have his aiming problem.

Alex also agreed with Drew about the aiming stuff but noticed that the time powers works well to help it.

Tubobutts

I'm not really a huge fan of pixel art, but I really like how Stardew Valley looks. I looked at Story of Seasons and Rune a Factory 4 as people suggested and had way less desire to play them after seeing what they looked like.

Wunder

Have they said how much content there'll be at launch for Quantum Break? Looking at wikipedia it says its 4 live-action episodes, and since they play at the end of each game section, that means 4 game episodes. Will they be adding more afterwards?

Jintor

Stardew Valley has an incredibly solid look. I know why a lot of series have transitioned to 3d - it's a much easier production pipeline, I think - but good 2d art has a very distinctive look that I think holds up really well against time.

That said, I don't necessarily love individual aspects of Stardew's take on it (I might mod in SpacepirateRidley's modified portraits and art), but the cohesive whole is incredibly strong.

hamchan

Man that aiming looks like shit but i'll have to check it myself

Alex also agreed with Drew about the aiming stuff but noticed that the time powers works well to help it.

Yep, Drew barely used the time bubble thing and shoot combo until the end of the first video, even though the tutorial for it was right in front of him on the screen pretty much begging him to try it. Though in this second video he's time bubbling dudes and still not shooting them.

Also after watching these two videos I'm a bit mixed on Quantum Break. It somehow feels generic in a way that neither Max Payne or Alan Wake ever felt.

jambo

Yeah but

G2T2kWA.png

Just watching the amiibo part of the Mario Maker video as well as a guy I'm friends with in College, I think I should be happy that I don't have a Wii U so I don't have a reason to go down the amiibo hole, it seems to be a dark and expensive place.

Mr. F

Banned
Yep, Drew barely used the time bubble thing and shoot combo until the end of the first video, even though the tutorial for it was right in front of him on the screen pretty much begging him to try it. Though in this second video he's time bubbling dudes and still not shooting them.

Also after watching these two videos I'm a bit mixed on Quantum Break. It somehow feels generic in a way that neither Max Payne or Alan Wake ever felt.

I totally get what you mean. I think Brad nailed it with his comparison to AW and MP having more interesting genre inspirations. The network TV scifi format with recognizable actors feels more by the numbers/generic and less ripe with opportunity for Remedy to inject their own style into.

Granted it's all at face value, but their previous games felt more distinct in a way that QB doesn't so far.

jaina

After watching the QB stuff I get the same feeling I had when I played sunset overdrive. If you don't know how to use every system they give you or don't use them them, your gonna have an experience like Drew had where he's trying to aim every single shot super slowly. Where as you should be zipping around throwing up time bubbles and unloading into them then zipping back( sorta like how in sunset you had to use the grinds, air dashes, bounces and weapons all together so that everything just blended smoothly together)

you might be right

yami4ct

Guys, guys. Let's stop talking about QB and boring Giant Bomb related stuff and get to the real issues going on.

That XSEED tease on Twitter. Dammit. I cannot get my hopes up. My heart can't take it.

Ah, fuck it. All aboard the hype train. Let's totally believe Trails in the Sky The Third is coming. And if SC's sales were good enough to justify The 3rd coming, it probably means the Crossbell games are a near sure bet. I want to play those 2 games probably more than any unlocalized property form Japan right now.

Dammit XSEED, don't hurt me again.

blakep267

Have they said how much content there'll be at launch for Quantum Break? Looking at wikipedia it says its 4 live-action episodes, and since they play at the end of each game section, that means 4 game episodes. Will they be adding more afterwards?
the game has 5 acts and 4 episodes. Who knows what the length will be but the first act armed around an hour or so from most of the videos

Id guess it end up being around 6-8 hours for 1 play through which for a linear shooter is about the sweet spot. Then I guess if you decide to play it again and do the opposite choices etc it could be longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom