• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

That'd be 3 western Trails releases between the 2014 and 2017 release dates of Persona 5

Like I get the sentiment and it's funny, but the scope difference between the Kiseki games which are still fundamentally handheld projects and Persona is absolutely massive. From all accounts, P5 dwarfs the other 2 games by a good chunk. I have full faith P-Studio are going to justify the wait.

Guys, guys. Let's stop talking about QB and boring Giant Bomb related stuff and get to the real issues going on.

That XSEED tease on Twitter. Dammit. I cannot get my hopes up. My heart can't take it.

Ah, fuck it. All aboard the hype train. Let's totally believe Trails in the Sky The Third is coming. And if SC's sales were good enough to justify The 3rd coming, it probably means the Crossbell games are a near sure bet. I want to play those 2 games probably more than any unlocalized property form Japan right now.

Dammit XSEED, don't hurt me again.

I won't give in. They won't crush what's left of my spirit. Not after what Square Enix did with TWEWY.

That'd be 3 western Trails releases between the 2014 and 2017 release dates of Persona 5

Would sacrifice the entire persona franchise for more trails in the west tbh

BigBoss

Not watched the QB video yet, but don't tell me Drew played it like a cover shooter? Since it's not a cover shooter...

I was just jumping around the video and I don't think he used cover once, as in actually sticking to cover. To me it looks like it controls poorly, animation priority plus input lag are not a good combination for any game but especially bad for a shooter and really surprising coming from Remedy.

blakep267

Not watched the QB video yet, but don't tell me Drew played it like a cover shooter? Since it's not a cover shooter...
Nah he didn't play it like a cover shooter for the most part. but he rarely used the time powers and played it more like just standing up and lining up head shots for guys slowly

It looked like he would get more acclimated the more he played it

jaina

Like I get the sentiment and it's funny, but the scope difference between the Kiseki games which are still fundamentally handheld projects and Persona is absolutely massive. From all accounts, P5 dwarfs the other 2 games by a good chunk. I have full faith P-Studio are going to justify the wait.
yeah I'm happy about both series and fine with waiting.

yami4ct

I won't give in. They won't crush what's left of my spirit. Not after what Square Enix did with TWEWY.

Well, XSEED and SE aren't the same luckily. XSEED would be really damn dumb to tweet such an obvious The 3rd reference without some sort of plan of it coming. They know how vocal and desperate Kiseki fans are. By even referencing it, they are ensuring they never stop hearing about it until the end of time. They are going to get even more shit about it than they would be staying silent.

The TWEWY thing is super sad as well to me. I guess mobile sales for large scale games like a TWEWY 2 didn't pan out enough to justify SE making it. I still hold out an inch of hope it's still being talked about and Nomura is just really busy. I could see it resurfacing once Kingdom Hearts 3 is done and at least the first part of FF7:R gets out there. I could easily see him pull a KH3 with it and just oversee the concept phase before handing it off to a co-director to make it, but he'd still need the time to even do that. Nomura is the busiest man at SE.

Well, XSEED and SE aren't the same luckily. XSEED would be really damn dumb to tweet such an obvious The 3rd reference without some sort of plan of it coming. They know how vocal and desperate Kiseki fans are. By even referencing it, they are ensuring they never stop hearing about it until the end of time. They are going to get even more shit about it than they would be staying silent.

The TWEWY thing is super sad as well to me. I guess mobile sales for large scale games like a TWEWY 2 didn't pan out enough to justify SE making it. I still hold out an inch of hope it's still being talked about and Nomura is just really busy. I could see it resurfacing once Kingdom Hearts 3 is done and at least the first part of FF7:R gets out there. I could easily see him pull a KH3 with it and just oversee the concept phase before handing it off to a co-director to make it, but he'd still need the time to even do that. Nomura is the busiest man at SE.

From a business standpoint, it makes total sense why that game came to iPhone. And I bought it and played the hell out of it and loved it. But like, a whole countdown for an iOS port man. I still have nightmares about that shit. They could've just announced the damn thing instead.

I'd like to believe they might make a second game one day, especially with the 3DS user base being really large, but man I wouldn't believe it was happening until the cart was in my 3DS and playing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Why does Dan always design all his levels as a series of small walled off parts one after another?

Because it's easier to concentrate individual concepts into isolated one off parts. Especially if the concepts are just random off the wall suggestions taken from chat.

yami4ct

From a business standpoint, it makes total sense why that game came to iPhone. And I bought it and played the hell out of it and loved it. But like, a whole countdown for an iOS port man. I still have nightmares about that shit. They could've just announced the damn thing instead.

I'd like to believe they might make a second game one day, especially with the 3DS user base being really large, but man I wouldn't believe it was happening until the cart was in my 3DS and playing.

If another game does come, I fully would expect it to be NX/Mobile or Mobile exclusive or maybe even Handheld/Console/Mobile. 3DS is dead to SE outside of Dragon Quest, and will be actually dead by the time a TWEWY 2 could even be talked about.

derFeef

I was just jumping around the video and I don't think he used cover once, as in actually sticking to cover. To me it looks like it controls poorly, animation priority plus input lag are not a good combination for any game but especially bad for a shooter and really surprising coming from Remedy.

Eh I think you have to play it differently and not actually try to aim precisely, just like in Max Payne.

Nah he didn't play it like a cover shooter for the most part. but he rarely used the time powers and played it more like just standing up and lining up head shots for guys slowly

It looked like he would get more acclimated the more he played it

Ah okay.

daydream

Banned
Might want to fix your link DD.

might wanna wait till i fix it the second after posting

tumblr_lrxvpmN4RO1qifj0w.gif

jaina

so this happens days after DD explained to me who cing was.
Any other games you want me to resurrect? Already working on TWEWY, but that's tough.

derFeef

I finished listening to the last two bombcasts and there were two moments where Jeff kinda overruled Drew's opinion, it felt a bit awkward.

Strax

Jei my friend is now in "he won't die" mode at the hospital. Also found out he got stabbed for take a picture of the other dudes girlfriends ass.

If you mean the coin bridge with the skewers, it was one of the easiest parts of the run for Jeff and Dan. They did get past it.

That's actually kind of surprising. Looked like timing would have been really important while they were making it. I was surprised when Dan just moved on saying it would be ok.

oti

Banned
I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not, so I will answer, but they were not successful in uploading the level.

Oh really? No, I fell asleep yesterday at 1 AM and they were still building. LOL.

Quantum Break seems weird. And you can totally see Jeff not liking it. I'm not sure myself.

I saw the Quantum Break videos and something feels really off about the voice acting for some reason

The voices sounded a little too quiet, especially in comparison to the volume of the rest of what was going on. But Drew did mention at the end that there were some audio capture issues so it might have been a mixing thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom