• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I now know why someone called Maria cheat mode during the last stream.

edit: or just a more fun way to play?

It looks fun, but I agree that it seems more like a ng+ reward.

Eh, it's nice that their localizing the game, but I have zero urge to sit in front of my computer to play a JRPG for 60+ hours.

It sucks, but we've known for a while that they weren't gonna do anything with the PSP anymore and there's too many licensing issues to even think of bringing the Vita/PS3 version over.

I have a laptop that can easily run it, so it's fine with me at this point.

TraBuch

Banned
It sucks, but we've known for a while that they weren't gonna do anything with the PSP anymore and there's too many licensing issues to even think of bringing the Vita/PS3 version over.

Sure, but it's like people in that thread can't even comprehend the fact that some people will be mad that they can't finish the trilogy on the platform they started playing it on. Some people are overreacting in anger, but a lot of the disappointment seems pretty justified to me.

Sure, but it's like people in that thread can't even comprehend the fact that some people will be mad that they can't finish the trilogy on the platform they started playing it on. Some people are overreacting in anger, but a lot of the disappointment seems pretty justified to me.

It's definitely ok to feel disappointed, but I think it's important to keep expectations and perspective. This would've been a lot harder to take if XSEED hadn't already said that they're done with the PSP for good. I personally can't be upset about it now when I've already known for months it would be like this if TC was to actually happen.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
GB loves to play cheat mode though
03super-mario-bros-2-princess-peach.png

yami4ct

Yep. Falcom and Sony both aren't going to want to deal with programming, QA and release of a PSP game in 2017, especially since Sony recently killed the PSP download store. The PC version can be done all in house, so it's actually possible to put out.

As you mentioned, the PS3/Vita versions are licensing messes. They are made with the involvement of 2 other companies XSEED would have to cut in. For a game that's so niche as is, that would probably be giving away any profit they would've earned.

So yeah, I prefer handheld for the Kiseki games, but I totally understand why that's not feasible and PC only is better than not at all. Hopefully this means they've found a way to bring the Crossbell games too, since The 3rd bridges right into those.

Yep. Falcom and Sony both aren't going to want to deal with programming, QA and release of a PSP game in 2017, especially since Sony recently killed the PSP download store. The PC version can be done all in house, so it's actually possible to put out.

As you mentioned, the PS3/Vita versions are licensing messes. They are made with the involvement of 2 other companies XSEED would have to cut in. For a game that's so niche as is, that would probably be giving away any profit they would've earned.

So yeah, I prefer handheld for the Kiseki games, but I totally understand why that's not feasible and PC only is better than not at all. Hopefully this means they've found a way to bring the Crossbell games too, since The 3rd bridges right into those.

I don't wanna say it's guaranteed because you never know, but yeah SC was a much more natural stopping point for the Trails games. If you're gonna do 3rd, there's a much stronger chance we might see the Crossbell games (which do have PS3/Vita versions that we would hopefully be able to get).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The 'quipping' between the main character and his brother in that Quantum Break video REALLY put me off the game, and I was pretty excited for it.

God damn does every main character since Nathan Drake need to be Nathan Drake or some Joss Whedon-esque 'snarky wiseass'

yami4ct

I don't wanna say it's guaranteed because you never know, but yeah SC was a much more natural stopping point for the Trails games. If you're gonna do 3rd, there's a much stronger chance we might see the Crossbell games (which do have PS3/Vita versions that we would hopefully be able to get).

That's my line of thinking as well. Zero and Ao seem like much better bets now. Not sure bets, but very good ones.

The only problem I see with releasing them is that they can run into the same issues SC did being late releases on dying platforms. Assuming The Third manages to release early next year (and that'd be a very fast turnaround), the earliest we could see Zero is late 2017. That would mean releasing Ao as a PS3/Vita game in 2018. That's pretty damn late. Not impossible, but tricky.

Maybe XSEED can figure out how to do something with the Chinese PC versions of those or are those similar messes to FC/SC/3rd Evo?

That's my line of thinking as well. Zero and Ao seem like much better bets now. Not sure bets, but very good ones.

The only problem I see with releasing them is that they can run into the same issues SC did being late releases on dying platforms. Assuming The Third manages to release early next year (and that'd be a very fast turnaround), the earliest we could see Zero is late 2017. That would mean releasing Ao as a PS3/Vita game in 2018. That's pretty damn late. Not impossible, but tricky.

Maybe XSEED can figure out how to do something with the Chinese PC versions of those or are those similar messes to FC/SC/3rd Evo?

I'm not as educated about those versions, especially for Zero/Azure, but I'd have to assume they're probably messes as well. I have no idea what XSEED would do for those games when it comes to platforms, but they're probably not even thinking of Zero/Azure right now and are probably just thinking about TC atm. But for reference, Cold Steel 3 is most likely gonna be on Vita and that's getting a 2016-17 release in Japan, so it's not like Falcom is gonna stop making Vita games anytime soon. I'm sure the Vita will still be as relevant as it is now when it comes to JRPGs by 2017-18.

so I played the division for 7 straight hours with a friend last night and I'm loving it. The problem is that it REALLY makes me want Destiny 2 on PC. If Destiny 2 ever comes out that is.

FStop7

Banned
I think boxed amiibos will probably be worth a lot. Have you seen what a copy of melee goes for these days? There are so many copies of that game out there and it's still treated like gold. Never underestimate Nintendo nostalgia.

Maybe but how much is your dignity worth?

so I played the division for 7 straight hours with a friend last night and I'm loving it. The problem is that it REALLY makes me want Destiny 2 on PC. If Destiny 2 ever comes out that is.

I'm loving it too, but I can't imagine not playing with friends. The DZ is so much more intense than it was in the beta, I love it.

Meneses

You know, I kinda feel the same way except for the "loving it" part. I'm just not enjoying the gameplay very much, but it is actually making me want to play some Destiny (which I haven't touched in 3 or 4 months).

Destiny 2 without the previous generation of consoles holding it back (and taking some lessons from the first game's missteps) could be something pretty good.

But, Bungie is weird.

Just catching up on some stuff before UPF... unless I missed it, I'm surprised the whole Daniel Puder-Kurt Angle thing wasn't brought up on the UFC 2 Quick Look.

Also, where can I contribute towards the $10k nipple tattoo fund for Dan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom