• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

Is it time to get weird?

lets-get-weird-workaholics.gif

I can pilot my ship in Elite Dangerous with a HOTAS no problem, but overload seems nearly impossible. Maybe it's just how wide apart the stick and throttle are on the desk but drew does not seem to be having an easy time.

Also re: the stardew valley talk on the last page: I finally found the ideal game for me to bring my XBONE wireless controller and dongle along with my surface. It's so, so perfect for a short play session wherever I may be able to set those up.

see, the problem is the game seems to try to keep me away from the fun parts like that as much as possible

notice how that 35 minute video has most of the notable gunfights in this 7+ hour game

What I love most about it is that you make your own memorable moments throughout the entire game. I could make MP3 look like the most amazing TPS or the most boring as shit TPS depending on how I play.

justjim89

Descent and similar games just seem so confusing and headache-inducing. How am I supposed to tell which way is up?

Reminds me of the evening I spent trying to understand Elite: Dangerous.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dan's right, Friday is better than Saturday

This is my first actual weekend in three months (due to the entire concept of a week or an end losing all meaning during unemployment) and I can say without a doubt that five hours of today was the worst thing I've experienced since I had an infection in my lungs two years ago.

That said...right now is pretty fucking good.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
im sorry at 1:05:26 was dan about to ask if you can get milk from a chicken

There was an episode of replay or super replay where Dan asked with no sense of self-awareness whether bulls produce milk. I watched it within the past month. Didn't even find it noteworthy enough to mention in here.

Dan Ryckert, an actual human being.

Descent and similar games just seem so confusing and headache-inducing. How am I supposed to tell which way is up?

Reminds me of the evening I spent trying to understand Elite: Dangerous.

Honestly that's kind of the fun? Like there's no required orientation, it's all relative.

Descent is a hell of a game.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Looking back I'm surprised at all the negativity on Drew using the flight stick for Descent. I couldn't play it without a joystick, even if it was laughable compared to the average hotas setup.

John Vignocchi is on an episode of GI's Replay.

At the time of posting this, they are talking about Dan Ryckert having a crush on Gadget from Chip and Dale

zpwauIll.png

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Looking back I'm surprised at all the negativity on Drew using the flight stick for Descent. I couldn't play it without a joystick, even if it was laughable compared to the average hotas setup.
I used to use flight sticks for everything back in the day. I think the first game I ever used a flight stick for was Fury. Now THAT was a flight video game.

oOegbBf.jpg

John Vignocchi is on an episode of GI's Replay.

At the time of posting this, they are talking about Dan Ryckert having a crush on Gadget from Chip and Dale

zpwauIll.png
To be fair.

Who didn't have a crush on gadget?

jtar86

I gotta agree with Jeff about The Division. Its just so boring fighting the same enemies over and over again. The guns are all similar; I just can't get into it. I'm way into SFV though.

demidar

Netcode and training room are amazing tho. That's what happens when you live in Autstralia :p

Doesn't change the fact that netcode is trash. Just had a super laggy match with someone in Australia.

Meanwhile I could play someone in America on Skullgirls with literally 0 latency problems, despite the game telling me there's about 300ms of lag.

Doesn't change the fact that netcode is trash. Just had a super laggy match with someone in Australia.

Meanwhile I could play someone in America on Skullgirls with literally 0 latency problems, despite the game telling me there's about 300ms of lag.

Maybe it's on their end then? Most of my matches have been excellent in the states with the obvious few lag fests from people who alt+tab or play on wifi.

Thanks to GB I bought both Stardew Valley and Factorio today. In a completely unrelated note, I've spent about 8 hours in front of my computer. When my life falls into shambles because I haven't been seen for weeks we'll know exactly where the downfall began.

demidar

Maybe it's on their end then? Most of my matches have been excellent in the states with the obvious few lag fests from people who alt+tab or play on wifi.

It probably is, but because of the netcode being bad I can't fight people from other countries either, drastically reducing the amount of fights I could get. Battle Lounges have been a crapshoot too, failing to even connect 90% of the time. So while the fighting feels fantastic, everything else conspires to cockblock me and that pisses me off.

I finally finished the Persona 4 Endurance Run after a couple months of on and off watching. I know I'm super late to the party, but it's such a great content to watch, especially on background playing something like Stardew Valley. While I did skip through most of the dungeon crawling and Persona-fusing sections, it made me realize this is a great game (that I'll never play) filled with really memorable characters and just the right amount of anime-ness that provides material for the crew's commentary.

And I totally crushed on Chie the whole time like Jeff and Vinny

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I remember seeing the 99+ episodes of the P4 ER when I was new to the site and thinking "Lol, ain't got time for that shit!"
Oh how young and naive I was.

Wunder

I finally finished the Persona 4 Endurance Run after a couple months of on and off watching. I know I'm super late to the party, but it's such a great content to watch, especially on background playing something like Stardew Valley. While I did skip through most of the dungeon crawling and Persona-fusing sections, it made me realize this is a great game (that I'll never play) filled with really memorable characters and just the right amount of anime-ness that provides material for the crew's commentary.

P4 is great

time to watch the endurance run again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom