• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Division seems to be doing well on the critics side of thing but it's always interesting to see the score difference between users and critics. On steam it's weird to see things ranked as "mixed" already.

Also I guess I should have figured this, but I didn't realize that most of the game was online only. Shame, I can see myself getting this game way down the line on a sale.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Division is awesome. Dunno why it's got Mixed reviews on Steam, I think it's just people hating Uplay or whatever? Weird. Anyway, it's pretty incredible. I haven't been this in love with a game's setting since Black Flag and this is even better. Had some amazing Dark Zone experiences too.

Division is awesome. Dunno why it's got Mixed reviews on Steam, I think it's just people hating Uplay or whatever? Weird. Anyway, it's pretty incredible. I haven't been this in love with a game's setting since Black Flag and this is even better. Had some amazing Dark Zone experiences too.

See I thought that too because Steam is a fickle bunch; hilariously there's a person with a review that reads "Can Uplay the game? No i can't." Has played 4.9 hours of the game. I love that feature of Steam so much.

But most of the negative reviews seem to be same missions, same enemy models, boring environment. I suspect a few people might be new to the MMO format.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
See I thought that too because Steam is a fickle bunch; hilariously there's a person with a review that reads "Can Uplay the game? No i can't." Has played 4.9 hours of the game. I love that feature of Steam so much.

But most of the negative reviews seem to be same missions, same enemy models, boring environment. I suspect a few people might be new to the MMO format.

It isn't really like an MMO though. It's a third person shooter. Like, what were these people expecting? As for environments, I think it's the opposite of boring, but that's personal taste.

Basically it's a kind of typical open world game with shit to collect and side activities to do, with linear third person shooter story missions, which imo are pretty good overall.

And then there's the Dark Zone, which is its own kettle of fish, and is really where the game is most unique. It isn't really like anything else. It's like a huge high-level dungeon where you're just farming for gear and stuff but also there are other players who may or may not jack your shit and also you can hear people who are near you, which is such a great feature.

It isn't really like an MMO though. It's a third person shooter. Like, what were these people expecting? As for environments, I think it's the opposite of boring, but that's personal taste.

I think a lot of people were expecting third person Destiny and this game isn't even that.

daydream

Banned
someone needs to overlay the audio from jeff's far cry 4 bird bit with castlevania footage

cause fuck the birds in castlevania games

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Nothing like waking up (again) sick as hell and having like 3 2+ hour videos to watch. Fuck U Flu! You can't stop me.

Having neither watched the QL nor ever seen any footage of the game I can assure you that you killed your wife/child/sibling and/or were already dead when the game started.

I always only see some image of a painting when people talk about it, so I asume it's like Mario 64

Strax

CdXAX8AUsAAoH1K.jpg:large

Wunder

guys what should I do, I'm at a crossroads - I got roughly 12k on Day 15 of Summer and I don't know what to spend it on. I feel like my farm is a decent size and I don't know if investing in a lot of blueberries will be that great halfway through the month. Should I start getting a Coop and ranching?

TraBuch

Banned
guys what should I do, I'm at a crossroads - I got roughly 12k on Day 15 of Summer and I don't know what to spend it on. I feel like my farm is a decent size and I don't know if investing in a lot of blueberries will be that great halfway through the month. Should I start getting a Coop and ranching?
Index funds.

Fantastapotamus

Am I just super racist/sick when Rise of the Tomb Raider confused my by having this guy as an enemy?

Because THIS is your side-kick during the game. (They even joked about that guy looking like Austin during the E3 stream)
1823235_0.png

When I first played it I was certain that this was supposed to be your later-to-be sidekick (especially because you first see that enemy type in a "Flashback-scene") So I thought "Oh, that Jonnah guy was once with the bad guys but he changed sides. So it was a little weird when I shot him in the head.

Tell me I'm not wrong here, please.

KingKong

Basically it's a kind of typical open world game with shit to collect and side activities to do, with linear third person shooter story missions, which imo are pretty good overall.

And then there's the Dark Zone, which is its own kettle of fish, and is really where the game is most unique. It isn't really like anything else. It's like a huge high-level dungeon where you're just farming for gear and stuff but also there are other players who may or may not jack your shit and also you can hear people who are near you, which is such a great feature.

that sounds like a modern day mmo inspired game to me. Slim main story, a ton of side missions and a loot grind. Ive tuned in to random streams and watching people play early game or the final mission and everything looks practically the same

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Jesus christ.

Stardew valley is dangerous.

Also the division looks super boring design-wise, but I've long since tuned out all things modern/near-future shooters.

That reminds me of the time I watched about 30 minutes of Heat before realizing that Robert De Niro and Al Pacino were not the same person.

I can't really explain how that happened.

Bacon

That reminds me of the time I watched about 30 minutes of Heat before realizing that Robert De Niro and Al Pacino were not the same person.

I can't really explain how that happened.

The first time I watched The Departed i didn't realize that leo and matt damon were different characters. Made the movie awfully confusing for me

Fantastapotamus

I'm on a self-imposed McDonalds ban for this year. I'm allowing myself one visit a month.

I was leaning on fast food too much. >_>

The good thing about that is, if you don't eat that stuff regularly you at some point realise that it tastes terrible. At least that was the case for me.

Xater

I'm playing alone and having fun.

I finished the thing alone and enjoyed it. I am definitely more positive on the whole game than the bomb crew is. Well except for the story stuff, all of that is indeed dumb. It does have it's issues though and that definitely includes the end game.

Bowlie

Banned
I finished the thing alone and enjoyed it. I am definitely more positive on the whole game than the bomb crew is. Well except for the story stuff, all of that is indeed dumb. It does have it's issues though and that definitely includes the end game.

man, there was a dude here named Sergol with the same avy as you a while ago

But what if the reason you're having fun is that you have an unknown split personality disorder and have in fact been playing with your other personality this whole time?

They just wanted you to think that "the division" was something in the game...and not what the game was doing to you.

I don't know what I like more.

Alex and Vinny playing a horror game and being jumpy
Or Dan and Drew playing a horror game and being jaded about horror games.

Fantastapotamus

I don't know what I like more.

Alex and Vinny playing a horror game and being jumpy
Or Dan and Drew playing a horror game and being jaded about horror games.

From what I've heard Layers of Fear isn't a terrible horror game though.
It's no Countless Rooms of Death, that's for sure.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys.... A bit of an OT question but I asked in the Tech Support thread and didn't get an answer.

Which brand of HDD are good nowadays? I remember hearing bad things about one of them recently but I can't remember which one.

I woke up this morning with the idea of formating and swapping my HDD in my PC so I want to buy a new drive locally (no time to order online)...

I'm seeing Seagate Barracudas for examply which is an ok price

I already have 2 SSDS for Windows and my games so this is mostly for storage... Don't need anything crazy fancy or high performance. My current HDD is starting to get slow and make weird noises so it's making me nervous.

strafer

Am I just super racist/sick when Rise of the Tomb Raider confused my by having this guy as an enemy?

Because THIS is your side-kick during the game. (They even joked about that guy looking like Austin during the E3 stream)
1823235_0.png

When I first played it I was certain that this was supposed to be your later-to-be sidekick (especially because you first see that enemy type in a "Flashback-scene") So I thought "Oh, that Jonnah guy was once with the bad guys but he changed sides. So it was a little weird when I shot him in the head.

Tell me I'm not wrong here, please.

Jonah looked like a fat Nathan Drake to me.

Patryn

Jonah looked like a fat Nathan Drake to me.

The weirdest part is that he looked like this in Tomb Raider:

lara-and-jonah.jpg

When I started Rise immediately after finishing TR, it took me a while to realize that it's the same character. I thought he was Polynesian and not black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom