• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like a 3/5 to me based on Jeff's tweets/stuff he's said on the Bombcast and other content. Seems like his main criticism is the same one he had for vanilla Destiny: the mechanics are solid and fun, but just not enough variety in the base content.

Meneses

The Division will most definitely be a 3/5 game, it couldn't be anymore 3/5 if it tried.

I'm actually surprised at the high reviews it's getting, but I guess that's to be expected with hyped up games like this.

Myggen

The Division will most definitely be a 3/5 game, it couldn't be anymore 3/5 if it tried.

I'm actually surprised at the high reviews it's getting, but I guess that's to be expected with hyped up games like this.

The nine reviews so far, at least on Metacritic, are largely from sites I've never heard of. And IGN Italy or whatever.

Meneses

And apropos of nothing, I just bumped into the "I hate you mr. business" ad on one of the old podcasts, that always cracks me up.

(yes, there is a Myggen Youtube of it).

daydream

Banned
Feels like a 3/5 to me based on Jeff's tweets/stuff he's said on the Bombcast and other content. Seems like his main criticism is the same one he had for vanilla Destiny: the mechanics are solid and fun, but just not enough variety in the base content.

so what you're saying is the shooting is g--*screeching noise* *sledgehammer thumps* *whistling kettle* *sound of man weeping* *explosion*

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I'll never understand loot games. "Here's a slightly improved version of your shitty weapon that you've been using for the past 2 hours. Play 2 more hours and it will further get slightly better." Just give me the good guns and impress me with your level design and enemy encounters. I'm glad in a way I don't have that brain defect. I'm glad my brain isn't wired like that. It's probably why I really can't enjoy most modern AAA games.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'll never understand loot games. "Here's a slightly improved version of your shitty weapon that you've been using for the past 2 hours. Play 2 more hours and it will further get slightly better." Just give me the good guns and impress me with your level design and enemy encounters. I'm glad in a way I don't have that brain defect. It's probably why I really can't enjoy most modern AAA games.

I get it in games like World of Warcraft and Everquest and the like because the new loot looks cool and it's all about showing that cool loot.

Guns don't look cool. I'm sorry to unveil this fact on everyone.
I'm glad in a way I don't have that brain defect. It's probably why I really can't enjoy most modern AAA games.

This is the most wine sniffing games critic post i've ever read

Frith

One of those reviews went up on March 8. Wasn't that the day the game was released, and Ubisoft didn't send out any review copies pre launch...?

you talking bout ethics in video game journalism?

myGGen

holy shit!

ps got to the end o upf pretty non committal but at least there will be something fingers crossed they just go all in once the excitement takes over maybe a crazy upf?

I'll never understand loot games. "Here's a slightly improved version of your shitty weapon that you've been using for the past 2 hours. Play 2 more hours and it will further get slightly better." Just give me the good guns and impress me with your level design and enemy encounters. I'm glad in a way I don't have that brain defect. It's probably why I really can't enjoy most modern AAA games.

Well that's mildly insulting.

Progression like that has its place. In some cases if a game like Destiney were to give me all its special guns right off the bat a lot of the nuances would be lost to the player. They might fail to see the value of why this particular gun gives free reloads on head shots but another gives health regen they likely have something to do with the play style associated with that weapon type. I never used the free level up stuff in WoW when I played because that progression to the level cap taught me about how I should be roughly playing that class. Sure I could read a guide online but it never really feels the same. Admittedly a lot of games just use progression as check box to fill in, but when done right it can be an incredibly useful teaching tool.

Tubobutts

The numbers get higher.

It's like when you'd slowly bike up a high hill, to then quickly go down it. The moment you get a cool weapon and crush enemies giving you trouble is meant to be satisfying. Until the roll out of stronger enemies, anyway.

Tubobutts

It's like when you'd slowly bike up a high hill, to then quickly go down it. The moment you get a cool weapon and crush enemies giving you trouble is meant to be satisfying. Until the roll out of stronger enemies, anyway.
What if that does nothing for me because I am dead inside?

Megasoum

Banned
Well I just formated my PC to re-install Windows 10.

Everything is up and running except that I realized, once I got back into windows, that I actually formated the wrong SSD drive lol... oops... I only lost game installs so it's not a big deal, I can just re-download everything on steam but still lol...

Also wtf... Is it me or you can't download the Tweetdeck Windows app anymore? Wtf? Since when? I don't want to use the web version...

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

I couldn't disagree stronger, but hey, opinions, and stuff.

Don't get the variety complaints though. Never have. It's a shooter. What the fuck did you expect?

Also it's way better than vanilla Destiny was, it's not even close. Vanilla Destiny had the good mechanics, but the game designed around it was the grindiest garbage of all time. Have fun farming spinmetal for 2 hours, fucker.

Bowlie

Banned
Well I just formated my PC to re-install Windows 10.

Everything is up and running except that I realized, once I got back into windows, that I actually formated the wrong SSD drive lol... oops... I only lost game installs so it's not a big deal, I can just re-download everything on steam but still lol...

noooooooooooooooo :/

What if that does nothing for me because I am dead inside?

ugsYyju.gif

Myggen

I couldn't disagree stronger, but hey, opinions, and stuff.

Don't get the variety complaints though. Never have. It's a shooter. What the fuck did you expect?

Also it's way better than vanilla Destiny was, it's not even close. Vanilla Destiny had the good mechanics, but the game designed around it was the grindiest garbage of all time. Have fun farming spinmetal for 2 hours, fucker.

Even if it's a shooter people should be allowed to expect more variety in mission and encounter design than what's there now. That seems to be the most common complaint against the game. I'm about ready to give up on the game myself, it's just boring to me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom