• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it's a shooter people should be allowed to expect more variety in mission and encounter design than what's there now. That seems to be the most common complaint against the game. I'm about ready to give up on the game myself, it's just boring to me now.

Don't you want to continue doing the exact same thing you've been doing the whole game? It gets better once you've been doing it for 20 hours, trust me.

Played the beta with a few friends and the game seemed incredibly boring. The shooting felt just OK, not great. Loot was incredibly boring. Felt like the game was just going to rinse and repeat the stuff in the beta.

The PvP area is the only interesting thing in the game but if I wanted to do that with some friends, I would rather just play Day-Z or something.

Meneses

I couldn't disagree stronger, but hey, opinions, and stuff.

Don't get the variety complaints though. Never have. It's a shooter. What the fuck did you expect?

Also it's way better than vanilla Destiny was, it's not even close. Vanilla Destiny had the good mechanics, but the game designed around it was the grindiest garbage of all time. Have fun farming spinmetal for 2 hours, fucker.

Well, I disagree.

The often ridiculed "But the shooting was great" is actually very true and basically carried that game, even when Vanilla was a barren, repetitive grind.

I find The Division's gameplay boring, I don't have much fun moving around and shooting, due to the limitations resulting from it being a somewhat realistic shooter, or at least kinda playing by real world rules.

Also, it has a lot of "content", but that's basically the Ubisoft brand of content: endless icons on the map that are just the same few missions over and over again.
I think it's a bit weird to call out Destiny for being repetitive and grindy when The Division is basically the same - but with worse gameplay imo. Yes, you don't grind as much for materials in The Division, but that's basically it.

One thing The Division does much better is the seamless nature of the world (of course, this benefits a lot from it being a single location) and the ease of matchmaking, that's pretty cool. Also, it appears to have a coherent story from what I've played so far.

I think I'm good.

The game is probably a 2/5 for me. It's just boring.

There are parts of it that work really well, unfortunately those parts are spread really thin and end up tired after a few hours. I enjoyed it enough to finish it but I doubt I'll stick with it in the long term, at this point nothing about it is engaging enough to even warrant playing it as a podcast game.

daydream

Banned
for anyone who doesn't know (i just tweeted it dan's way since he specifically wondered about that in his stream), you can bring up the bundles from the community centre in stardew valley at any point if you click on the tree icon on the right side of the inventory menu

that said, anytime i visit the building and see the nature spirits, i pretend the blue and red one are ilo and milo, titular heroes of
one of the best goddamn games of last gen

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
for anyone who doesn't know (i just tweeted it dan's way since he specifically wondered about that in his stream), you can bring up the bundles from the community centre in stardew valley at any point if you click on the tree icon on the right side of the inventory menu

that said, anytime i visit the building and see the nature spirits, i pretend the blue and red one are ilo and milo, titular heroes of
one of the best goddamn games of last gen

But you can't actually deliver stuff through that right? I remember being unable to.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I do think it's funny that Destiny's encounters/'mini missions' are the same garbage as Destiny's 'activate the thing and then defend the place because that's fun'

I actually think some of the main missions are a bit repetitive but at least have some cool environments. Too bad every single person is terrible in it. I don't know why Ubisoft struggles so badly with making likeable characters. Ezio has to have been some kind of miracle fluke because he's not even that great but when you compare him to other Ubi characters of late, you go 'oh wow you guys g ot it. 10/10 character'

My flow chart for interest in a Watch Dogs 2 reads as such
Is Aiden Pearce the main character again? If no, wait for more info and be optimistic. If yes, remove all interest in Watch Dogs 2.

daydream

Banned
But you can't actually deliver stuff through that right? I remember being unable to.

oh yeah, forgot about that

it's probably so you can be there to see the building transform or whatever but there's no real reason they couldn't just cut to that regardless of where you're character is at

like i've said in the past, you can easily nitpick that game to death, for sure, but the core of it is just too robust and it really nails the important things

Megasoum

Banned
ah, a little panel like that wouldn't work for me since I have my follows broken out into categories

Yeah it's not ideal for the interactions (replies, likes, etc) but you can see the other columns by clicking on the buttons on the left without resizing the window. I just wish I could put a bit more stuff in the Home column (like replies for example) but Tweetdeck is fucking terrible option wise.

Hmm it sounds like Ubisoft made some changes that nerfs the game and people are complaining about it being more of a grindfest now.

I guess they are learning from Destiny :p

Also fuck the Dark Zone as it will always be Troll City

J_Viper

Also it's way better than vanilla Destiny was, it's not even close. Vanilla Destiny had the good mechanics, but the game designed around it was the grindiest garbage of all time. Have fun farming spinmetal for 2 hours, fucker.

I think vanilla Division is a better game than vanilla Destiny, but how is Division's endgame any different from Destiny's?

Instead of grinding Strikes, you're grinding the same missions from the campaign. They both have a problem in that regard.

Brad
Pizza
maker

B2mRVtO.png

Hmm it sounds like Ubisoft made some changes that nerfs the game and people are complaining about it being more of a grindfest now.

wtf, it's been out for 5 days

fuck video games

e: peeked in the thread and people are saying "if you get all the good gear now, what are you going to do until the next update"

I reiterate, fuck video games

fuck video games

I'm impressed how quickly some players can chew though and get the best content in these games.

Also i wouldn't be surprised if those changes mainly came about just because this is happening so quickly

I'm sure Ubisoft will change it back if enough people complain.

Also, is there really nothing to gear up for? No raids or anything?

IIRC there is at least one but i'm not sure if its in or its coming later.

Antiwhippy

fuck video games

e: peeked in the thread and people are saying "if you get all the good gear now, what are you going to do until the next update"

I reiterate, fuck video games

But I'm about to build a kitchen for my homestead in stardew valley.

Also me and Leah, we're understanding each other man. Like really understanding.

Videogames can be alright.

But I'm about to build a kitchen for my homestead in stardew valley.

Also me and Leah, we're understanding each other man. Like really understanding.

Videogames can be alright.

I accidentally min/maxed myself out of things to do in that game. I make about 50k a day and I'm done with all my tasks by noon. I'm sitting on 600k with nothing to spend it on really.

oops

Antiwhippy

I accidentally min/maxed myself out of things to do in that game. I make about 50k a day and I'm done with all my tasks by noon. I'm sitting on 600k with nothing to spend it on really.

oops

Well excuse me, mr Monsanto. I'm just a simple farmer trying to make my way man.

Well excuse me, mr Monsanto. I'm just a simple farmer trying to make my way man.

hey man all my crops are non-gmo, pesticide free, and hand-picked

actually if I can levy one complaint against this game, it's that high quality crops don't really do much for you except net you a few extra bucks and money pretty quickly stops being an issue. I never fertilize or anything, seems kind of pointless. in the HM games, you can use seed makers on your high quality crops to make high quality seeds, rinse and repeat until you're king shit of crop mountain.

what was it like seeing the landscape of the Road to Wrestlemania change before your very eyes

it was a great show, but if they want to make these glorified house show things matter, you have to make them matter

It was the most happy a crowd I've been in has been.

It was the most angry a crowd I've been in has been.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I think vanilla Division is a better game than vanilla Destiny, but how is Division's endgame any different from Destiny's?

Instead of grinding Strikes, you're grinding the same missions from the campaign. They both have a problem in that regard.

We don't really know until Incursions are out in the next update. As it stands right now there's really no need to even grind the missions. Most people I know are spending almost all of their time in the DZ to get to at least rank 50 to get access to the good stuff the vendors there sell. But the difference is pretty big imo, in Destiny you needed to grind a ton of shit just to upgrade your gear. It was mandatory. You can do whatever you like in The Division, really. And if like me you nolifed that game and are out of meaningful ways to progress already, well, can't really be mad at the game for that.

But yeah the seamlessness of the game world is really amazing to me. No loads to get into missions, nothing. The Dark Zone is just awesome too, there isn't really anything like that. But fundamentally, this is a loot game. I'm baffled there are still people who don't know that, or don't know what that is, or act like it's some kind of betrayal. "I finished the last story mission and only got a gun with better stats? WTF?!" I mean, what. Did you expect to be showered in endgame gear because you beat the story missions? It's just so weird. This genre has been around forever and still so many don't get it. It's okay if that's not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom