• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It's cool, but not the price of entry VR has right now cool. I also still question moving around while having a cable hanging out from your head.
VR is such a safety issue in general, it's surprising it's not brought up more often. Especially in the US where every company is afraid of lawsuits.

Xater

I cant help but feel this is going to be a real limiting factor for VR until they can sort it out.

Wearing a headset like that with a tick wire hanging down, even while sitting is going to be awkward.

It's alright while sitting. Didn't notice anything with Occulus or Playstation VR. I just don't want to stumble with 800€ strapped to my head.

BTW I almost missed it but Jason approved Salt & Sanctuary comes out on Tuesday for PS4. It's even 10% off if you pre-order. I bought it today. That will be a nice game to hold me over until Dark Souls 3 is out.

demidar

It's alright while sitting. Didn't notice anything with Occulus or Playstation VR. I just don't want to stumble with 800€ strapped to my head.

BTW I almost missed it but Jason approved Salt & Sanctuary comes out on Tuesday for PS4. It's even 10% off if you pre-order. I bought it today. That will be a nice game to hold me over until Dark Souls 3 is out.

It seems like there's going to be a lot of alternate ways to move about the world (or just not and station you in a single place like a cockpit) because moving around in the real world is such a hassle, and simulating it feels weird when looking around and manipulating is so lifelike.

It's cool, but not the price of entry VR has right now cool. I also still question moving around while having a cable hanging out from your head.

Yeah it's unfortunate that VR is so expensive right now. Better that than sub-par hardware though. Wireless will certainly happen eventually, but I think people overestimate the inconvenience of the cable. From all reports (I haven't done any room-scale myself) you quickly adapt to handling the cable on an almost subconscious level.

This was definitely an issue with the Vive demo I had. It's hard to move around naturally when you're afraid of tripping over a fat cable.

those prices are not great on VR but we'll see how it works out as time passes and it hopefully starts to get more affordable.

Will watch from the sidelines until then.

JonCha

Caught up on the last Demo Derby which was great. There's something about having people like Jeff (with huge amounts of knowledge) looking back at these games which makes for great content. And to also see the amount of crap that was actually around is pretty good viewing like that Spiderman game which I remember loving when I was younger but now looks pretty bad.

Hey have any other mobile users here started to get really annoying notification-like ads? I'm gonna be real sad if Neogaf is moving in that direction for ad space.

Xater

Yeah it's unfortunate that VR is so expensive right now. Better that than sub-par hardware though. Wireless will certainly happen eventually, but I think people overestimate the inconvenience of the cable. From all reports (I haven't done any room-scale myself) you quickly adapt to handling the cable on an almost subconscious level.

Having to adapt to that does seem counterintuitive to the promise of VR.

Hey have any other mobile users here started to get really annoying notification-like ads? I'm gonna be real sad if Neogaf is moving in that direction for ad space.

Nothing weird for on mobile for me. What exactly are you seeing?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
So a 1,000 pack of ball pit balls is only $130 on Amazon. We should build a Giant Bomb member ball pit. The size of a football field.

"So I moved in with my girlfriend and she says I have to get rid of my ballpit. I figured Giant Bomb could give it a good home. Also here are some CDs of Microsoft Encarta 95"

"So I moved in with my girlfriend and she says I have to get rid of my ballpit. I figured Giant Bomb could give it a good home."

"So recently my pet fish had passed away. I didn't really know how to properly dispose of it, so I thought maybe you duders could figure it out."

And then, even worse, Jeff would have to pretend to be excited to get a 20th copy of Sonic 2.

Xater

"So I moved in with my girlfriend and she says I have to get rid of my ballpit. I figured Giant Bomb could give it a good home. Also here are some CDs of Microsoft Encarta 95"

The perfect way to do it.

Also how did we not get GB checking out Encarta at some point?

Myggen

"So recently my pet fish had passed away. I didn't really know how to properly dispose of it, so I thought maybe you duders could figure it out."

And then, even worse, Jeff would have to pretend to be excited to get a 20th copy of Sonic 2.

He doesn't really pretend to be excited about that stuff.

Wunder

So I wanted to build a fenced off area to start a little orchard with some maple/oak to tap as well and I built some stone fences and then walled myself off. I also handed my pickaxe in to turn it into a gold one so I ended up being stuck there for the entire day. . .

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Of course not, but there has to be a middle ground here.

When I finished the final mission, I only received three purple guns, with only one of them being better than what I already had equipped. It's a downer.

Now I'm in the frustrating position of not having strong enough gear for the DZ or Challenge mode without any way to find higher level gear, as the side content drops have all been under-leveled.

At least in Destiny, you can run the Crucible or the Strikes in hopes that something would drop.

You can do the Hard mode missions, they are really not very difficult, they're tuned for freshly dinged 30s basically and all drop 30 purples at the end. And you can definitely clear mobs in DZ01/02, especially in a group (which you should be in anyway in the DZ and in my experience anyone who isn't in a group will gladly join up with you). I don't know, I felt gear progression was pretty smooth. Purples drop like candy in the DZ and between DZ and doing Hard mode missions you can earn enough phoenix bucks for some yellow upgrades pretty quickly.

Megasoum

Banned
Is there some kind of secret smooth scrolling in Chrome?

My scrolling feels weird since I reinstalled Win10 last night but I can't find any options about that in Chrome.

Xater

You can do the Hard mode missions, they are really not very difficult, they're tuned for freshly dinged 30s basically and all drop 30 purples at the end. And you can definitely clear mobs in DZ01/02, especially in a group (which you should be in anyway in the DZ and in my experience anyone who isn't in a group will gladly join up with you). I don't know, I felt gear progression was pretty smooth. Purples drop like candy in the DZ and between DZ and doing Hard mode missions you can earn enough phoenix bucks for some yellow upgrades pretty quickly.

You can also easily go into the DZ alone. I followed groups around, got XP, money and drops. Barely anyone bothers to go rogue because there kinda is no incentive.

J_Viper

I'll have to give that a shot, thanks for the heads up. I didn't think rewards would scale in Hard mode.

You can also easily go into the DZ alone. I followed groups around, got XP, money and drops. Barely anyone bothers to go rogue because there kinda is no incentive.

I attempted a solo venture into the DZ earlier today and had very little success. Even when a purple item managed to drop, it was worse than my current setup.

I also get wrecked in a second by named elites, so perhaps my gear isn't that great after all.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'M HELMUT KRUGER
I'M HELMUT FUCKING KRUGER

I held off on the new Hitman QL until I played the thing myself but man, what a great QL.
It was kinda heartbreaking to see them stopping Dhalia from going to the bathroom, I think Dan would have really enjoyed it to see Brad drown her in a toilet (Rat Poison doesn't kill people, it makes them throw up.)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Crab pots seem like easy money in Stardew when you realize how ridiculously cheap bait is. I could probably make a living off that, honey and kegs alone.

justjim89

I'M HELMUT KRUGER
I'M HELMUT FUCKING KRUGER

I held off on the new Hitman QL until I played the thing myself but man, what a great QL.
It was kinda heartbreaking to see them stopping Dhalia from going to the bathroom, I think Dan would have really enjoyed it to see Brad drown her in a toilet (Rat Poison doesn't kill people, it makes them throw up.)

Yeah, they seem to be assuming that rat poison is an instant kill like in the older games. I much prefer the newer approach. Gives you a chance to get them alone. You can still get the accidental kill for drowning them, or use any other method if you're going for a specific challenge or something. And there's still poison syringes or cyanide if you want the instant kill.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you pass out, Jojomart brings you back home for a flat fee , tucks you into bed and doesn't take any of your stuff
If Robin 'finds you' you're suddenly are missing items, lose track of where you were in the mine due to brain damage and missing money

and jojomart are the bad guys?

Which one is that? I remember playing one where you had to keep working while pregnant.
There are two that I can think of, both early titles. Back to Nature for Girl (Japan-only PS1, until Harvest Moon Boy and Girl for the PSP) had multiple bachelors to romance, but if you accepted any marriage proposals, the game would end on the wedding date. Harvest Moon 3 GBC only has one love interest (your farming partner), but if you are playing as the Girl, the game instantly ends if you accept the Boy's marriage proposal, so you have to reject it if you want to continue.

Eventually, Natsume realized that a majority of HM's fanbase was made up of women, so they removed that dumb limitation from future titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom