• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

I have high hopes for the No Man's Sky review thread.

It's pretty sad to look forward to a review thread, especially one that's months away, but here we are.

NMS is going to be a beautiful trainwreck no matter what end of the scale it appears on. or even if it shows up in the middle. Especially if it's in the middle.

Myggen

RWMrVcj.jpg

Brad got the best seat at the NMS event.

f0rk

RWMrVcj.jpg

Brad got the best seat at the NMS event.

Has whatever is happening on that screen been shown before? It's clearly the NPC interaction that has been mentioned in the written previews but I can't believe in 2016 that's how we are getting our information.

Has whatever is happening on that screen been shown before? It's clearly the NPC interaction that has been mentioned in the written previews but I can't believe in 2016 that's how we are getting our information.

Nope, that's a new screenshot. Never seen an NPC before for NMS.

....sidenote but I love that I can tell which one is brad, just by his badass sitting pose. The hair helps too.

jaina

Nope, that's a new screenshot. Never seen an NPC before for NMS.

....sidenote but I love that I can tell which one is brad, just by his badass sitting pose. The hair helps too.
you're right, his legs are Brad too

And Mr. Murray is holding a PS4 controller (not unexpected for this event9. But: have we ever seen PC footage?

Myggen

you're right, his legs are Brad too

And Mr. Murray is holding a PS4 controller (not unexpected for this event9. But: have we ever seen PC footage?

I don't think so. Would make sense since Sony is basically paying for all the marketing of the game as far as I understand.

Pretty sure that screenshot is a spoiler!? They haven't shown any NPCs yet, really.

Newly leaked by a photographer who didn't know what a NDA was I think. Didn't think about spoiler tagging it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Ah, nothing like spending an hour sneaking around, perfecting the "Silent Assassin, Suit Only" Challenge in Hitman just for the game to be like "Nah bro, we've totally spotted you at some point even though we really haven't. Try again lol!"
Oh you.

#%&§%$§§"!

Has there ever been a 'choose your own adventure' thread on GAF in off topic? i.e. thread starter creates a scenario for forum to play along with poll options?

Did the guys say they were doing a QL of Town of Light? I thought I remembered seeing it but now I can't find any info on that anywhere. I'm pretty interested in it and enjoyed the QL of Layers of Fear.

Megasoum

Banned
Has there ever been a 'choose your own adventure' thread on GAF in off topic? i.e. thread starter creates a scenario for forum to play along with poll options?

Speaking of CYOA.

When I was working at Eidos I had the chance to meet Ian Livingstone (he's one of the OG Eidos guy).

He's one of the co-author of the book "The Warlock of Firetop Mountain" which is one of the first CYOA book.

Had a bit of a geeking out when I realized that he wrote that book since I had many memories or playing that thing with my brother when I was a kid... Small world.

Myggen

Watching part 2 of the Phantasmagoria: Puzzle of the Flesh Playdate now (I had somehow forgotten to watch that one all the way through). The end puzzle is some of the biggest bullshit I've ever seen.

Curufinwe

Speaking of CYOA.

When I was working at Eidos I had the chance to meet Ian Livingstone (he's one of the OG Eidos guy).

He's one of the co-author of the book "The Warlock of Firetop Mountain" which is one of the first CYOA book.

Had a bit of a geeking out when I realized that he wrote that book since I had many memories or playing that thing with my brother when I was a kid... Small world.

He's a legend. I loved the Fighting Fantasy books as a kid in the 80s.

Did the guys say they were doing a QL of Town of Light? I thought I remembered seeing it but now I can't find any info on that anywhere. I'm pretty interested in it and enjoyed the QL of Layers of Fear.

I think Vinny mentioned playing it at the start of the Walking Dead QL but I don't think there has been any mention of doing a QL for it.

Robaperas

Watching part 2 of the Phantasmagoria: Puzzle of the Flesh Playdate now (I had somehow forgotten to watch that one all the way through). The end puzzle is some of the biggest bullshit I've ever seen.

Yeah, I can't imagine trying to solve that on my own, it's so obtuse.

Robaperas

Yeah, adventure games from that era often got really obtuse with their puzzle, but this shit is on another level of bullshit.

The worst thing about it is that they don't even prepare you for those last puzzles, every other solution is use X thing on door, click here and you're done, but that last one, as you said, is simply on another level of bullshit.

Meneses

Speaking of CYOA.

Nice.

I owned pretty much all the Steve Jackson / Ian Livingstone Fighting Fantasy books released in my country (around 30-ish, I think, plus a few that I recently got that were never translated - of course, nowadays I would prefer them in english, but back then I had no chance of getting them).

Some company (I forgot the name) has been releasing a bunch of them in mobile-interactive-gamebook format, they're pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom