• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStop7

Banned
Rondo of Blood is an amazing looking 16 bit game. Actually if it was TG16 it's not even truly 16 bit. Either way, it looks awesome.

danm999

The worst thing about it is that they don't even prepare you for those last puzzles, every other solution is use X thing on door, click here and you're done, but that last one, as you said, is simply on another level of bullshit.

I feel like most adventure games of the era at least attempting to prepare you for their final puzzles, yeah. Some other games of the era, Curse of Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, the X Files game, Zork Grand Inquisitor, all absolutely did this.

I have no idea what the people behind Phantasmagoria 2 were thinking. I have to assume they either never had it playtested to that point, or the solution was so fucking arcane you had to memorise all those secret files you dug through hours earlier.

I feel like most adventure games of the era at least attempting to prepare you for their final puzzles, yeah. Some other games of the era, Curse of Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, the X Files game, Zork Grand Inquisitor, all absolutely did this.

I have no idea what the people behind Phantasmagoria 2 were thinking. I have to assume they either never had it playtested to that point, or the solution was so fucking arcane you had to memorise all those secret files you dug through hours earlier.

Was the Sierra 1-900 hint line still a thing when that game came out? Everything about that last puzzle screamed "call us and pay us to finish the game!"

Patryn

Nothing will ever beat the cat hair mustache puzzle in Gabriel Knight, simply because the first step is drawing the mustache on the ID. It's a puzzle where the player wouldn't even realize there was a puzzle unless they chose to do this totally random thing.

Bowlie

Banned
I've been rewatching all the Mario Party Parties and finally got to 5.
I wish the crowd could be a little quieter, especially the "skill!" and the "drew!" guys.

Myggen

I've been rewatching all the Mario Party Parties and finally got to 5.
I wish the crowd could be a little quieter, especially the "skill!" and the "drew!" guys.

The skill guy was the only one who went overboard imo, but as a whole I think the crowd added a ton to it and made it the best MPP and as a result one of my all time favourite videos on the site.

Bacon

What was the phantasmagoria puzzle? I remember thinking it was complete bs at the time when I watched it but I can't remember the specifics of it.

What was the phantasmagoria puzzle? I remember thinking it was complete bs at the time when I watched it but I can't remember the specifics of it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Bowlie

Banned
The skill guy was the only one who went overboard, but as a whole I think the crowd added a ton to it and made it the best MPP and as a result one of my all time favourite videos on the site.

I like when the crowd gets excited when something amazing/awful happens, but more specifically: half of the funny one-liners that they say are followed by 2~3 seconds of laughs. There's a weird part of my brain that gets annoyed by laugh tracks in tv shows that reacts the same way to those.

With that said, if I were there with them I'd probably laugh loudly so eh

justjim89

The skill guy was the only one who went overboard imo, but as a whole I think the crowd added a ton to it and made it the best MPP and as a result one of my all time favourite videos on the site.

BRAD, YOU'RE THE KINGMAKER! is perhaps my favorite Giant Bomb moment of 2015. The crowd made it great.

Jintor

It's getting really hard to not buy Stardew Valley. It could make a good palate cleanser in between Hitman episodes.

do it.

on a side note sorry i've been a bit absent on dungeongaf last few days, it's been a busy weekend

tiamat you could probably play stardew on a toaster

Tubobutts

do it.

on a side note sorry i've been a bit absent on dungeongaf last few days, it's been a busy weekend

tiamat you could probably play stardew on a toaster

It's not about my computer's ability to run it, it's that a witch kissed my PC and put a curse on it.

And I have a toaster oven.

Scizzy

Thanks to all the deals on PSN cards lately, I wanted to preorder SOMETHING, just to be able to load all these cards onto my account thanks to Sony's weird limit on how much you can hold there. And, well, I'm putting my faith in Austin Walker: it's Invisible Inc. for me, pretty much solely on his recommendation. Your taste will be judged when it unlocks next month, Austin, your taste will be judged.

Didn't even now it was GDC time, but i guess the content will be interesting for that period (might or might not include possible bitching lol).

Also watching that Division video Jim Sterling did and man he sounds bored AS FUCK.

LiK

Thanks to all the deals on PSN cards lately, I wanted to preorder SOMETHING, just to be able to load all these cards onto my account thanks to Sony's weird limit on how much you can hold there. And, well, I'm putting my faith in Austin Walker: it's Invisible Inc. for me, pretty much solely on his recommendation. Your taste will be judged when it unlocks next month, Austin, your taste will be judged.

i'm hoping to see some previews for the console version. want to see how it performas there first. picked up the Steam version in Jan but haven't played it yet.

Megasoum

Banned
In some ways I'm really glad that to not be interested at all in Stardew Valley.

I totally recognize that the game looks like a really really well made game but it does nothing for me.

I ain't got time for that lol

yami4ct

The final 2 chapters of Fire Emblem Fates Birthright are a no save marathon? I do not like it at all. What a crap way to add fake difficulty.

Doop

Figured this crowd would appreciate this. Here's a boss from Enter the Gungeon.

High_Priest.png

At first when I saw Enter the Gungeon, I thought it was trying to ape nuclear throne, but now I've seen some gameplay footage, and it looks like it's trying to do its own thing. I hope it's good, it looks pretty interesting.

J_Viper

I have high hopes for the No Man's Sky review thread.

It's pretty sad to look forward to a review thread, especially one that's months away, but here we are.

It's going to be one hell of a ride, but I just pre-ordered the LE, so I need it to be good damn it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom