• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowlie

Banned
There's a million people 'saving the world.' My potatos are one of a kind. You can be replaced by JohnDude EveryBro.

who cares about 'one of a kind'? You gotta put your head in the game, quality was never important. Plant as much as you can, as quickly as you can, and sell everything to the big market.

(and Virtue's Last Reward spoilers)
_________i'm literally the only one who can save the world.________

edit: shit, there's Persona 5 later on... so many good games

yami4ct

Fire Emblem Birthright done! Somehow just that single part took me 92 hours, but I spent a ton of time fucking around in Download Battles grinding supports, trying out new tactics and just generally having fun.

That is a very, very good Fire Emblem. Much better than Awakening, which I still enjoyed despite the flaws but I definitely saw them. Great group of classes, some really smart changes to battle mechanics and some pretty decent map design. Lack of map objectives is a downside, but it didn't kill it for me. Really excited to go through Conquest next and expect to love it even more. Fates already gets my top recommendation. Persona 5, Zero Time Dilemma, and Cold Steel II might make this year one of my toughest GOTYs of all time. That doesn't even count things that might come and surprise me.

Jintor

The fishing in Stardew Valley sucks and is way too hard.

Also where the fuck does time disappear to when playing that game?

git gud

and by git gud i literally mean go to the fish guy and buy his soup and drink it because it gives you a temporary buff to fishing and you can use that to get enough xp to get your fishing to not-a-tiny-fishbar level

Jintor

also the next episode of dungeongaf is actually going to be all of you running a farm and living a comfortable farming life, planting crops, watering the garden, and dating npcs

it'll be great

The fishing in Stardew Valley sucks and is way too hard.

Also where the fuck does time disappear to when playing that game?

It has a surprisingly good difficulty curve as you get better rods, higher skill ranks, and more experience with the minigame. You'll go from struggling to catch most fish to easily nabbing all but the most evasive of targets. At a certain point I think it'd even be possible to predict what fish you're getting, based on its behaviour in the fishing minigame; some are largely docile, others fight at much as they can, and the legendary ones are downright tricksy.

Really, as far as fishing minigames go, I'd rank it among the best. It's fast and engaging enough to be fun, while also being rewardingly worthwhile--especially with treasure in the mix.

justjim89

I just wish the screen zoom wasn't dependent on your resolution. I'd like for my view to be zoomed out like Dan's was. As it is, I can only see a bit of my farm at a time and getting around can be confusing.

I just wish the screen zoom wasn't dependent on your resolution. I'd like for my view to be zoomed out like Dan's was. As it is, I can only see a bit of my farm at a time and getting around can be confusing.

Dev put a zoom option in the game in a recent patch. check the options tab

danm999

I have no idea what that means, but I'm excited. There is a large hole in my schedule where progressing through the mines was, and I need that filled.

You catch a bus to the desert and there's an even harder dungeon you unlock with the key you get from the mines.

I put Stardew Valley down for a few days because it was feeling kind of overwhelming, but watching my fiancee play helped me get back into it. She just doesn't give a fuck. It's nearly the end of spring and she's still learning how to fish and has barely harvested anything but she's still having fun. It helped me to chill out and enjoy the game.

I'm all about that Skull Cavern now. Mad iridium up in there.

Just unlocked that and made it to level 2 before running scared. Fuck those flying things.

I put Stardew Valley down for a few days because it was feeling kind of overwhelming, but watching my fiancee play helped me get back into it. She just doesn't give a fuck. It's nearly the end of spring and she's still learning how to fish and has barely harvested anything but she's still having fun. It helped me to chill out and enjoy the game.

This is really how you enjoy the game and make the time constraint pointless. I wake up and do my crab traps, check my production things and then just do whatever. Somehow it's still addicting as fuck.

Getting into a relationship was weirdly... anticlimatic.

Sounds like he's working on an update now to address the wedding and relationship stuff. It was definitely anticlimactic. I was bummed they go back to basic interaction dialogue after you get in a relationship(at least until marriage).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom