• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
deadbolt (new game by risk of rain devs) is out today and my early impressions are very positive and it's only ten bucks. totally forgot about it so that was a nice surprise today

so is the bombcast news (especially since we still got time to prepare for it)

w4YNvlx.gif

Welp... Better late than never... I finally signed up for Spotify.

I had been using Google Music for a while but got tired of the download feature never working on the mobile app.

Anyway, playing around the Spotify desktop app. HOW THE FUCK can the biggest music streaming service in 2016 still doesn't have a Mini Player feature built in its app? FFS Napster 15 years ago had it...

The Spotify desktop app is a mess. They've moved away from it as a priority.

It used to have cool plug-ins and features until they dropped a blog post that basically said "Naaaaahhh, MOBILE!"

The mobile app is still best in class though.

Spotify is excellent overall, I've been a subscriber for years and years now.

deadbolt (new game by risk of rain devs) is out today and my early impressions are very positive and it's only ten bucks. totally forgot about it so that was a nice surprise today

w4YNvlx.gif

oh damn I totally forgot that was coming out so soon. Risk of Rain was amazing and the footage of this one looked great too (didn't get around to playing the early version).

I got a 90 minutes of bus to do each day now.

I was maybe gonna buy a new 3DS but I think Ill just do NG+ Persona 4 golden and maybe try going for the plat. That seems like a real dumb platinum trophy to get.

w4YNvlx.gif

I never even knew about this, going to have to pick it up later today.

popo

That moment you have to unfollow someone you otherwise like, on twitter - 'cause twitter seems to bring out the worst in people.

Megasoum

Banned
The Spotify desktop app is a mess. They've moved away from it as a priority.

It used to have cool plug-ins and features until they dropped a blog post that basically said "Naaaaahhh, MOBILE!"

The mobile app is still best in class though.

Spotify is excellent overall, I've been a subscriber for years and years now.

Isn't there a way to force the app to use the external storage on Android?

Google Music let you specify and even move the files after the fact.

Edit: Found it

Zaph

Well that Rocket League in-game tease was anti-climactic. XBone getting cross network play.

That's legitimately huge - a massive policy change from MS (if it actually happens, they're saying info on other platforms is "coming soon"...). No cross-platform play with competitors has been a bug-bear for multiple projects over the last decade, and the recurring response from devs seemed to imply it was MS who was generally against it.

That's legitimately huge - a massive policy change from MS (if it actually happens, they're saying info on other platforms is "coming soon"...). No cross-platform play with competitors has been a bug-bear for multiple projects over the last decade, and the recurring response from devs seemed to imply it was MS who was generally against it.

Yeah I can definitely see it being huge news wise for MS and for XBone players but for Rocket League overall it just sort of seems anticlimactic for something that was introduced in game with a mysterious counter. For every other announcement it was just announced and that was it, but for crossplay for one console they make some build up inside the game? Just seems weird.

When we told Bob Kerman we were bringing him back home to Kerbin we probably should have mentioned that
we meant into the planet. RIP, little buddy!

Curufinwe

That moment you have to unfollow someone you otherwise like, on twitter - 'cause twitter seems to bring out the worst in people.

I stopped following Dan when he went on a silly twitter tirade about how soccer players are the only athletes that cry during the last world cup.

I figure if he says something interesting enough one oft he GB guys I follow will retweet it.

What? Its a HUGE deal! I'm excited :D

Looking at gaf and reddit apparently I'm the only one who thinks this is weird. IDK, just seems like it's bigger news for MS and Xbone than it is for Psyonix but its psyonix that makes a bigger deal of it than really any of their other announcements.

Wunder

Anyone know if I can still get heart events in Stardew Valley if I'm past that level? i.e. at 7 hearts but didn't trigger the 4 or 6 heart event, can I still trigger those if I go to those specific locations?

Stoked that the 8-4 lads will be on the Bombcast this week!

I'm hoping even more now that Brad reads my email question today. After the talk last week on hot dogs, I wanted to get the crew's opinion on Japanese hot dogs. The 8-4 guys should be able to add valuable insight to that conversation.

jaina

Anyway, playing around the Spotify desktop app. HOW THE FUCK can the biggest music streaming service in 2016 still doesn't have a Mini Player feature built in its app? FFS Napster 15 years ago had it...
Spotify needs the large window player so they can show ads on it for free users like me.

I'm hoping even more now that Brad reads my email question today. After the talk last week on hot dogs, I wanted to get the crew's opinion on Japanese hot dogs. The 8-4 guys should be able to add valuable insight to that conversation.
They're weird! They're not bad or anything but the ones I've had taste like even more processed Oscar Meyer dogs or something

I've really fallen off with Project BEAST. Their "goal" at this point is so repetitive and boring, and they aren't getting any better at the game. I haven't reached the "moment" in the latest episode, but what I've seen of it so far is them continuing to fail to learn from their mistakes.

I've really fallen off with Project BEAST. Their "goal" at this point is so repetitive and boring, and they aren't getting any better at the game. I haven't reached the "moment" in the latest episode, but what I've seen of it so far is them continuing to fail to learn from their mistakes.

If they were never learning from their mistakes then they never would have been to Mun and back or managed to rescue any Kerbals.

I've had to skip through the last couple Kerbal videos because they've been so slow and repetitive. I kind of feel like putting the Manley video out first was a mistake. Either way, hopefully they get the last Kerbal rescued next video and then can make a video where they watch the Manley video then move on to other goals in the game.

Chuck

Still without luck

I think they'll get there eventually. This game is a long stuggle of learning after all. The overthinking is really ridiculous though and I think Austin is the worst culprit. For this ep
the ship was literally on top of it and Austin said not to jump out.
Like, how on Earth Kerbal do you think that's not an 'ok lets do this' moment.

Hopefully the mission to Duna will be more exciting.

Zaph

damn, looks like stump took a hit, hopefully he's not out for long.

It's kinda nuts going back to older GB OT's and seeing all the banned names.

If they were never learning from their mistakes then they never would have been to Mun and back or managed to rescue any Kerbals.

Vinny knew how to do that before the first episode ever took place. Yes they rescued a Kerbal but through brute force. Now we're seeing them try to do it again, using the same brute force method. They have so much fuel they can afford to fly by the seat of their pants and make a ton of corrections until they get an orbit close enough to time warp until they intercept.

Like, how on Earth Kerbal do you think that's not an 'ok lets do this' moment.

Yes, exactly! They keep being worried about "we're actually going thousands of miles be hour!" when that has zero bearing on the situation.

Stump :(
Vinny knew how to do that before the first episode ever took place. Yes they rescued a Kerbal but through brute force. Now we're seeing them try to do it again, using the same brute force method. They have so much fuel they can afford to fly by the seat of their pants and make a ton of corrections until they get an orbit close enough to time warp until they intercept.

If Vinny knew how to get to Mun and back before the first episode then he's pretty good at acting, they failed that multiple times before they got it down.

Megasoum

Banned
Even better when
Vinny finally eva's out and Alex said "I think we should line up the orbits some more."

giphy.gif

At least of they were trying to actually dock I could understand but FFS, you can fly thousands of km with the jetpack if you want and yet they are nervous to do a 30m jump...

It seemed like they figured out the target prograde/retrograde faster last time and they've confused all that knowledge.

And damn they need to figure out the RCS translation controls. Spinning your entire craft around and making these adjustments is just killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom