• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
I don't think I've ever actually looked at the individual vessel speed when trying to do an encounter... They keep bringing that up all the time and it's killing me.

daydream

Banned
here's to stump

jXfKWNN.gif

enjoy your break, buddy

I don't think I've ever actually looked at the individual vessel speed when trying to do an encounter... They keep bringing that up all the time and it's killing me.

And why would you? The target vessel is effectively not moving, and you're just trying to get somewhat near it. It's annoying in the way that their very first intercept attempt was, with the perpendicular orbits. I'm far from an astronomy expert, but it was clear as day that it would never work.

Myggen

Anyone have thoughts on that XBL cross-play news? If you haven't heard, Microsoft announced they can now do cross-play with PSN (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1197036). However, it remains to be seen if Sony reciprocates. If this happens, Rocket League will have three-way cross-play! The Division would not be divided (sorry, had to do it!). I just hope Sony allows it on their end.

It's pretty huge, I have to say.

Anyone have thoughts on that XBL cross-play news? If you haven't heard, Microsoft announced they can now do cross-play with PSN (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1197036). However, it remains to be seen if Sony reciprocates. If this happens, Rocket League will have three-way cross-play! The Division would not be divided (sorry, had to do it!). I just hope Sony allows it on their end.

Huge for MS and the possibilities. just think it's weird how Psyonix treated the news before hand compared to any other announcement they've done.

This is insane. Not from a technical standpoint, I imagine, but this is going to change a LOT of things if Sony reciprocates.

This is insane. Not from a technical standpoint, I imagine, but this is going to change a LOT of things if Sony reciprocates.

Yeah. Some people in that thread are saying the whole "I only buy the console my friends play on" will be outdated if this works. If you want a PS4, but your friends have XB1s (or vice versa), you can still play with them in many cases regardless of console.

Actually for authentication and having everyone talk nicely to each other, it might be technically impressive.

But yeah, we'll have to see if this is actually used for other games.

Oh, not to diminish the efforts of the engineers who worked on this capability, but I just mean in the sense that I'm sure this has been possible for quite some time. It's not like it's a major technical breakthrough, it's just MS saying "alright fine, we'll do it."

Unless I'm completely wrong and it is a major breakthrough, then more power to them.

Is there any reason for Sony to not reciprocate? Seems like a win-win for both sides to me.

I could see an issue with third parties just not wanting to do the work to unify their backends but Sony proper? They've allowed PC crossplay for both Rocket League and SFV, it would be a bit weird if they suddenly became conservative about their crossplatform stuff

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any reason for Sony to not reciprocate? Seems like a win-win for both sides to me.
Well, since it's the more successful console, there's the "friends play on PS4, I have to get one"-effect that wouldn't exist anymore. Maybe that would help Xbox more than PS4? Who knows.

I hope those restrictions fall, should have happened 10 years ago.

Well, since it's the more successful console, there's the "friends play on PS4, I have to get one"-effect that wouldn't exist anymore. Maybe that would help Xbox more than PS4? Who knows.

Yeah that's kind of how I feel about it. I don't know if it's such a factor that Sony wouldn't do it, but I do think they'd take it into consideration.

That could go both ways, though. Someone could want PS4, but their friends have XB1.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That could go both ways, though. Someone could want PS4, but their friends have XB1.
I'm guessing it works in favor of the console that sold more units, though.
It's just theory fighting anyway.
You know what actually should've happened by now? Cross-platform voice-chat. I don't think there's any way to do that currently while you're playing, eventhough so many voice-chat apps for gaming exist.

justjim89

I still mostly use Project BEAST as background noise while browsing elsewhere, then check out what's going on where there's a lot of yelling or tension.

That makes sense. Seems like something that would slightly benefit the lower-selling console, but as a "goodwill gesture" I think Sony should play ball.

I still mostly use Project BEAST as background noise while browsing elsewhere, then check out what's going on where there's a lot of yelling or tension.
Yep, me too.
jason gettin' mad at dan about street fighter on upf is the only time i've seen someone at GB like, legit angry
Was he? I think I'm bad at assessing that sometimes. I just thought Jason was sort of playing up the shtick a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom