• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
I though I remember Vinny getting shoot angry on a podcast once. Not at anyone, but I think at like some kind of monetization scheme or something. This was a while back, I think when Ryan was still with us.

LiK

i still remember Vinny getting super pissed about Flower. one of the few games i enjoyed that he hated. i remember the rest of the crew liked it too and he didn't understand why.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I though I remember Vinny getting shoot angry on a podcast once. Not at anyone, but I think at like some kind of monetization scheme or something. This was a while back, I think when Ryan was still with us.

He got so pissed at Alex when he threw the pencil at Vinny in the secret members only version that they had to cut it out in the regular version.

justjim89

Stardew just ate 3 hours of my afternoon and now the chicken I had thawing out for dinner smells funny. Damn it all. I can see how that game has consumed Dan so much.

Shit is so expensive. I feel like I'm just breaking even with my potatoes. Almost through spring.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Looking at the Division Review thread, apparently not all numbers go higher!
Heyooo!

He got so pissed at Alex when he threw the pencil at Vinny in the secret members only version that they had to cut it out in the regular version.

Please pay no attention to this post. There are no secret members. There is no secret inner circle. Danr'Yckert is not a mesopotamian demon. Nothing gets cut.

Megasoum

Banned
Fuck guys... I'm a bit shaken right now. For the last 5 years or so I've considered the Alchemy Live version of the song Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits to be the pinacle of music... OK maybe a bit much lol but still... In my Top 3 best songs of all time.

Now I just found an even better version... Fuuuuuckkkkk seriously I'm not sure how to handle this news.

This version has extra piano, extra saxophone AND a solo by Eric Clapton...

Man... Today was a good day!

Sorry for the OT but I had to share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouQbb9MbOx0

Looking at the Division Review thread, apparently not all numbers go higher!
Heyooo!

2771716-7643668625-NT7vo.gif

kAmui-

Stardew just ate 3 hours of my afternoon and now the chicken I had thawing out for dinner smells funny. Damn it all. I can see how that game has consumed Dan so much.

Shit is so expensive. I feel like I'm just breaking even with my potatoes. Almost through spring.

Yeah, the game has me hooked pretty badly. I bought it two days ago and I've played almost 20 hours. It's always just one more day...

DamnBoxes

Spring Year One struggle builds character, don't worry about it.

Farm on.

For the Trails in the Sky people in this thread, when does First Chapter pick up?

I'm only like 2-3 hours in but it feels really slow and it's not really holding my interest despite enjoying the characters and their interactions

Antiwhippy

For the Trails in the Sky people in this thread, when does First Chapter pick up?

I'm only like 2-3 hours in but it feels really slow and it's not really holding my interest despite enjoying the characters and their interactions

Like, last 2 chapters?

So like, 20 hours?

Yeah this is the reason why I dropped off FC but came back after and really enjoyed it. Currently doing the same to SC.

What I read when I played was that there's a play in Chapter 2 (As in, the second chapter of First Chapter) and that's where things get good. Personally I couldn't tough it out until then, but who knows what I'm missing.

justjim89

Yeah, the game has me hooked pretty badly. I bought it two days ago and I've played almost 20 hours. It's always just one more day...

You know what fucking does it? It only saves when you sleep. That's a devious little decision. Because if you just want to do one thing the next day before you quit, you have to do a whole other day. Then before you know, you've played an extra week and it's still hard to just quit. That's a fucking devilish move by the developer.

popo

i still remember Vinny getting super pissed about Flower. one of the few games i enjoyed that he hated. i remember the rest of the crew liked it too and he didn't understand why.

I'm with Vinny. Journey was overrated too. That's right, I went there. Fuck your sacred cows.

Like, last 2 chapters?

So like, 20 hours?

Yeah this is the reason why I dropped off FC but came back after and really enjoyed it. Currently doing the same to SC.

What I read when I played was that there's a play in Chapter 2 (As in, the second chapter of First Chapter) and that's where things get good. Personally I couldn't tough it out until then, but who knows what I'm missing.

Well then, I guess I won't be too concerned about making my way through it and will just play for maybe an hour here and there and hopefully it really grabs me at some point.

Whippy, are you finding SC to be just as slow or are you having a better time with it from the start?

Antiwhippy

Well then, I guess I won't be too concerned about making my way through it and will just play for maybe an hour here and there and hopefully it really grabs me at some point.

Whippy, are you finding SC to be just as slow or are you having a better time with it from the start?

I did say that I dropped off it. :p

I'll get back into it. I find that those kind of games I have to be really in the mood to take it slow.

I did say that I dropped off it. :p

I'll get back into it. I find that those kind of games I have to be really in the mood to take it slow.

For some reason I read that in a completely different way. Knowing that someone else was able to take a break and still enjoy them is reassuring and I'm sure I can finish both games before the third is out next year.

Meneses

Fuck guys... I'm a bit shaken right now. For the last 5 years or so I've considered the Alchemy Live version of the song Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits to be the pinacle of music... OK maybe a bit much lol but still... In my Top 3 best songs of all time.

Now I just found an even better version... Fuuuuuckkkkk seriously I'm not sure how to handle this news.

This version has extra piano, extra saxophone AND a solo by Eric Clapton...

Man... Today was a good day!

Sorry for the OT but I had to share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouQbb9MbOx0

Ok, this is weird because that's exactly how I feel about Alchemy's version.

It is definitely in my top 3 songs and is absolutely my favorite live performance ever.

However, I don't really love this other version. I think there's too much happening, and I always felt that the saxophone "cheeses" it up a little.

The Alchemy version is really perfect.

Megasoum

Banned
Ok, this is weird because that's exactly how I feel about Alchemy's version.

It is definitely in my top 3 songs and is absolutely my favorite live performance ever.

However, I don't really love this other version. I think there's too much happening, and I always felt that the saxophone "cheeses" it up a little.

The Alchemy version is really perfect.

Yeah I calmed down a bit now. I still love the Mandela version but the lack of a proper recording (not coming from an old vhs) kinda sucks.

Speaking of Alchemy, I bought the Bluray on Saturday. I should watch that tonight.

Patryn

Now I'm not saying that you have to like the Division, but some of the glee you guys are getting out of a game getting mediocre review scores is a little sad.

I'd like to think that we're above wanting schadenfreude from people who want to like a game at this point.

Full disclosure: I am enjoying the Division, so hold that against me if you will.

Meneses

Yeah... I think i'm done with Project Beast. I don't even feel like keeping it as background noise at this point.

It definitely had its moments, though.

Teddified

Now I'm not saying that you have to like the Division, but some of the glee you guys are getting out of a game getting mediocre review scores is a little sad.

I'd like to think that we're above wanting schadenfreude from people who want to like a game at this point.

Full disclosure: I am enjoying the Division, so hold that against me if you will.

I think some people just like watching the drama unfold in a review thread. I personally don't really care for such drama so I end up just avoiding the review threads.

It's all GOOD, that's near where it speeds up.

Enjoy your journey, Pliskin.

Patryn

Bombcast has been recorded, please let it be a super early cast tomorrow Brad so I don't go insane at work!

Haven't we passed super early cast at this point? Wasn't it posted at like noon pacific last week?

It's already 4 p.m. there. Should probably drop in the next few hours.

daydream

Banned
i have tits on psp, i should really just fire it up to check if people raving about it are crazy or not. even if i drop it for the moment shortly after, i think it's time i got some hands-on context

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom