• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Game Tapes 02: The Power of the Cell
Video - Today at 2:00 PM

That's in 12 hours.

Also UPF on Friday, so probably no normal GDC show unless they decide to schedule it on Thursday.

edit:

2834490-gt02.jpg

TraBuch

Banned
holy shit NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Believe it or not, that's a pretty bad thing in wrestling. Many gimmicks have died due to overexposure and commentators trying to force you to love them.

Game Tapes 02: The Power of the Cell
Video - Today at 2:00 PM

That's in 12 hours.
Here's hoping it's actually the entire conference and not just a bunch of different interviews and B-roll.

It's probably the latter.

Myggen

Here's hoping it's actually the entire conference and not just a bunch of different interviews and B-roll.

It's probably the latter.

Already confirmed at the end of UPF that it's a conference. So it's the Sony one where they announced the price for the PS3 probably.

The PS3 was a weird moment for me because my dad brought home a Wii and a PS3 because apparently he got some deal, but because I was still in early high school he was only going to let me have one console. This was right at PS3 launch and they were hard to get.

I picked the Wii and I think he sold the PS3 for a big profit on EBay.

Teddified

I didn't really follow gaming news back then and got a PS3 when the MGS4 bundle come out. So a lot of this will be new to me besides the things people reference all the time. And the Banana controller I remember seeing a picture of that in school.

yami4ct

This Project BEAST episode was so infinitely frustrating. They need to learn just how much error correction they have purely in EVA Jetpacks. Stop letting Perfect be the enemy of very much Good Enough.

neshcom

Banned
This Project BEAST episode was so infinitely frustrating. They need to learn just how much error correction they have purely in EVA Jetpacks. Stop letting Perfect be the enemy of very much Good Enough.

It doesn't help that they really don't have a good understanding of when enough is enough. This was the first BEAST that I chose to skip around in because they were spending so much time trying to get each vessel on top of each other (and even when they had that exact scenario, they did nothing).

But my own frustration seems to also stem from the idea of saving all the floating kerbals. I'd rather they have cut their losses and started on another planet. The first rescue mission was exciting, but how many times will they have to repeat it?

Someone who has a better understanding: could they have opened the parachute at the end and landed safely at that speed? I know the button was red, but I'm not sure if that's a sea level thing or a speed thing.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
It doesn't help that they really don't have a good understanding of when enough is enough. This was the first BEAST that I chose to skip around in because they were spending so much time trying to get each vessel on top of each other (and even when they had that exact scenario, they did nothing).

But my own frustration seems to also stem from the idea of saving all the floating kerbals. I'd rather they have cut their losses and started on another planet. The first rescue mission was exciting, but how many times will they have to repeat it?

Someone who has a better understanding: could they have opened the parachute at the end and landed safely at that speed? I know the button was red, but I'm not sure if that's a sea level thing or a speed thing.

I think the Red Parachute means that it cannot be deployed due to overheating. Not sure if it will just fail to deploy or will deploy and not work.

Hmm that demo in the pic is from Tiger woods PGA Tour 07 and iirc that series also had the whole year on the box later than its actual release.

So i think its E3 2006

edit: found an article and yea its E3 2006

BearPawB

Banned
The key to project beast is to fast forward until something happens. Then fast forward another 30 minutes until something happens

I like this feature a TON. But they could be doing what they are doing at twice the speed.

daydream

Banned
Wait, the only Kerbal left is that one that got thrown way out into space? Hahahahahahhahaha. Oh boy. They are screwed.

as long as they get to it, they're golden

they probably will have a hard time making it back but hey, either way, the kerbal will be taken care of

Lijik

The key to project beast is to fast forward until something happens. Then fast forward another 30 minutes until something happens

I like this feature a TON. But they could be doing what they are doing at twice the speed.

i always just leave it on my phone or tablet like its a podcast and glance over and rewind when it sounds like something interesting is happening

frostyxc

If Vinny would have just hit the stage for the chute, it's possible that it would have opened before impact, thus killing their speed enough to save the capsule. But he accidentally hit one of the highest peaks in the game, so even that probably would have been for naught.

I've entered too hot, hit the chute out of desperation, and had my capsule bounce without blowing up, but that's coming from a quite handsome and seasoned pro.

My problem with this Kerbal experiment is the two back-seat pilots. Between Austin authoritatively giving bad/outright wrong advice at a clip that would make a Vulcan cannon seem sedate and Alex being afraid to make any attempt without overthinking it a thousand ways from Sunday, the missions are bogged down in a bevy of bad decisions. Vinny's vague understanding of what should be done doesn't help, either. Read a Kerbal wiki page for two minutes, man! It's not rocket science...

Math and I are not on speaking terms and even I understand relative speed in the absence of atmosphere and gravity. This isn't jumping from one Oldsmobile hood to another in a high-speed chase.

Where did my socks go?

yami4ct

as long as they get to it, they're golden

they probably will have a hard time making it back but hey, either way, the kerbal will be taken care of

Getting there is going to require an economy of resources Project BEAST has not shown so far. It's far enough out that they can't really brute force it with just more rockets like usual. That doesn't even begin to talk about going back.

The only way I can see the BEAST guys making it is some sort of space station relay like Vinny began to suggest, but if they can't jump a kerbal from one ship to another that's practically right on top of the other they have very little chance of pulling off setting up and using a space station relay.

hamchan

I watched the BEAST crew get within 10m of that Munshot Check Fuel Line and skipping ahead, for some reason they took 20+ mins to do anything.

Megasoum

Banned
If Vinny would have just hit the stage for the chute, it's possible that it would have opened before impact, thus killing their speed enough to save the capsule. But he accidentally hit one of the highest peaks in the game, so even that probably would have been for naught.

I've entered too hot, hit the chute out of desperation, and had my capsule bounce without blowing up, but that's coming from a quite handsome and seasoned pro.

My problem with this Kerbal experiment is the two back-seat pilots. Between Austin authoritatively giving bad/outright wrong advice at a clip that would make a Vulcan cannon seem sedate and Alex being afraid to make any attempt without overthinking it a thousand ways from Sunday, the missions are bogged down in a bevy of bad decisions. Vinny's vague understanding of what should be done doesn't help, either. Read a Kerbal wiki page for two minutes, man! It's not rocket science...

Math and I are not on speaking terms and even I understand relative speed in the absence of atmosphere and gravity. This isn't jumping from one Oldsmobile hood to another in a high-speed chase.

Where did my socks go?

Well said and this is really my biggest problem with that feature.

I don't mind that it's like 90% dead air for 10% of very exciting stuff.. I can totally live with that. The fact that they can't and won't learn how to do the most basic stuff correctly is just way too frustrating.

yami4ct

I watched the BEAST crew get within 10m of that Munshot Check Fuel Line and skipping ahead, for some reason they took 20+ mins to do anything.

Thank Austin 'we're going too fast' Walker and Alex 'I'd feel comfortable if we were a bit closer' Navarro for that. I love those guys, but their opinions did way more harm than good.

I hope, after they rescue (or kill) the stranded Kerbal, they film themselves reacting to the Scott Manley episode. Man, I want to see their reactions! It won't be as fun if we hear about it after the fact.

I hope, after they rescue (or kill) the stranded Kerbal, they film themselves reacting to the Scott Manley episode. Man, I want to see their reactions! It won't be as fun if we hear about it after the fact.

I bet they make an ill-fated attempt at the last Kerbal. Then 1.1 comes out and they claim their save has been lost, and then do their reactions to the Scott Manley video.

Getting there is going to require an economy of resources Project BEAST has not shown so far. It's far enough out that they can't really brute force it with just more rockets like usual. That doesn't even begin to talk about going back.

The only way I can see the BEAST guys making it is some sort of space station relay like Vinny began to suggest, but if they can't jump a kerbal from one ship to another that's practically right on top of the other they have very little chance of pulling off setting up and using a space station relay.

Space stations means docking, and they're a ways out from successfully docking anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom