• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearPawB

Banned
Being heavily addicted to a moba (and probably mmos as well but I've never played one) makes it really hard to finish single player games and it bothers me sometimes.

As my playtime of Dota has gone down, my single player game playing has gone up

Being heavily addicted to a moba (and probably mmos as well but I've never played one) makes it really hard to finish single player games and it bothers me sometimes.

I'm in the same boat. I've always been a multiplayer focused guy, so I would always just go back to Halo, CoD, or League when I got bored. and now I'm just playing league whenever I'm bored at all instead of trying to play a single player game.

Finished this episode of MGScanlon. Fucking amazing episode and definitely the best one of the series. Last few episodes since they've brought it back have been consistently great.

Can't wait to see what they do with the second chapter.

I don't even know if I've played 80 games in the last 5 years

i finished 87 games last year across 5 platforms. It's been a goal of mine to eliminate my backlog for years and finally, in 2016, i've put a solid dent into them. I hope to be under 20 games before the year is over and have put a hard stop on game purchases for 6 months.

I'm also not simply redeeming all of the PS+/GwG titles and being incredibly discriminating with which i add, especially when it comes to the PS+ stuff since the PS4 keeps games in your library, constantly making me feel anxious since i haven't played them. XB1's hide feature allows me to put away some of the GwG garbo from the past that i redeemed so that helps a lot. Out of sight, out of mind, right?

tldr: my backlog causes me anxiety issues so i've set goals to try and fuck that shit up

This is why I'm kind of happy that FF14 has had some problems with content since the expansion last year as I've been able to drop it and play and finish a whole bunch of other stuff.

80 games wtf

Insanity. I beat one game last year: Yo-Kai Watch. And mostly just played Destiny, Rocket League and Diablo 3.

How people can just jump around from game to game is crazy to me.

to be fair, i count DLCs and expansion packs as one entry each so the number is a bit inflated.

Sony Platforms
Battlefield 4 (Campaign)
Unfinished Swan
Rogue Legacy
Diablo 3
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
Rayman Legends
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Counterspy
Megaman X4
Killzone Mercenary
Murasaki's Baby
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Never Alone
Sonic the Hedgehog
Oddworld: Abe's Oddyssey - New 'n' Tasty
The Order 1886
Hitman Contracts
Flower
The Swapper
Hohokum
Super Time Force Ultra
Broken Age
Grow Home
Infamous: First Light
Crash Bandicoot 2
Rocket League
Until Dawn

iOS
Monument Valley
Framed
The Room

Steam/PC
Dishonored: Knife of Dunwall‎
Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches
Watch Dogs
Shovel Knight
Remember Me
Batman: Arkham Origins
Batman: Arkham Origins - Cold, Cold Heart DLC
OlliOlli
Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD
Iron Brigade
Sonic 4: Episode 1
Iron Brigade: Rise of the Martian Bear
Mortal Kombat X
DmC: Devil May Cry
DmC: Devil May Cry - Vergil's Downfall
The Fall
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Fallout: New Vegas - Honest Hearts DLC
Fallout: New Vegas
Saints Row: Gat out of Hell
Assassin's Creed IV: Freedom Cry
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine
Her Story
The Stanley Parable
Mind - Path to Thalamus
Binary Domain
Dead Space 3
Dead Space 3: Awakened
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Tales of the Borderlands
The Witcher 3
D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die - Season 1
Undertale
Ryse: Son of Rome

Nintendo Platforms
Star Fox 64 3D
Dragon Quest V
Super Mario 3D Land
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Lunar Knights
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Pikmin 2

Xbox Platforms
Halo CE: Anniversary Edition
Halo 2: Anniversary Edition
Destiny: Vanilla + House of Wolves + The Dark Below
Destiny: The Taken King
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
Halo 3 TMCC Edition
Halo 3: ODST TMCC Edition

GAMES I AM DONE WITH BUT DIDN'T TECHNICALLY FINISH
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Hitman Go
Disgaea 3
Sword & Sworcery
Tomba
Castlestorm

as one giant bomber might tell you, leveraging your anxiety and trying to work with it can lead to some interesting results.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
2,5 hours of Kerbal? who's got time for that?!

(I do but the opportunity cost, man!)

hamchan

Although most of this MGSV playthrough is pretty bad and should finally put the argument to rest that you can't play a game wrong, watching Dan's reactions as he's setting up Drew for the reveal this was only chapter 1 was hilarious.

Dan has reflected my reactions well I think. Dude often has real puzzled expressions at the way Drew plays. Just real "wtf are you doing" faces when Drew does something. Also looks nervous as heck during boss fights, effectively selling the tension.

Also Drew's reaction to chapter 2 was kinda sad in a way. I remember loving that reveal and loving that I had way more of the game to go. You could tell Dan felt the same way.

Drew though, man that guy seemed so upset that he had to play more of this video game. Even Dan gave him an out to quit by saying he's completed the game, when we all know he really hasn't.

Frenden

Banned
I made it up to MGS 13-ish. If I were to skip a bit, would the last three episodes suffice? Or am I watching this whole thing?

I have serious subscriber guilt. I think this is the first premium GB content I haven't watched in entirety since the GFW Brodeo broke up.

I made it up to MGS 13-ish. If I were to skip a bit, would the last three episodes suffice? Or am I watching this whole thing?

I have serious subscriber guilt. I think this is the first premium GB content I haven't watched in entirety since the GFW Brodeo broke up.

There's some great bits here or there, but the last 3 episodes are definitely the strongest. If you really wanna skip to it, then go for it.

Watched episode 21 of Metal Gear Scanlon. That was a tough one to watch. I'm glad Drew had the energy left by the end to point out how ridiculous the jeep segment is.

Looking forward to all the kerbal I have ahead of me, especially with all the homework I have to do in the next few days. Gonna make for excellent background videos.

He has zero interest in side ops, so I didn't bring it up.

Yeah, the only thing that sucks about the weapon customization is doing the 4 side ops before it to actually be able to have that option. I really doubt Drew would've wanted to do them even if you can make some pretty early-game breaking stuff with it.

He has zero interest in side ops, so I didn't bring it up.

Yeah, that's a shame. I wish he would have been open to at least a few essential side ops that would open up the game a lot, but oh well.

Edit: The Jeep scene is one of the best parts of that game for me so far. That entire mission was fantastic and mission 31 is amazing too... though I really wish I knew how to finish it. There has to be an easier way than what I'm doing, because I keep
getting hit by the lasers

valeo

Dan has reflected my reactions well I think. Dude often has real puzzled expressions at the way Drew plays. Just real "wtf are you doing" faces when Drew does something. Also looks nervous as heck during boss fights, effectively selling the tension.

Also Drew's reaction to chapter 2 was kinda sad in a way. I remember loving that reveal and loving that I had way more of the game to go. You could tell Dan felt the same way.

Drew though, man that guy seemed so upset that he had to play more of this video game. Even Dan gave him an out to quit by saying he's completed the game, when we all know he really hasn't.

I think Drew is just sick of Metal Gear. Fair enough, too - so am I.

neshcom

Banned
Two hours into Project BEAST and goddamn is this a front-loaded episode. This seriously, seriously needs some truncating.
The first two rotations I was joking to myself "oh man, they're just gonna keep saying next time" and then it became super real

popo

Vinny and crew did well to brute force their way to the moon and back but I hope bringing in an expert teaches them how to do it more efficiently. There must be a better way than that hour of bleeding off speed skimming the atmosphere.

BigBoss

Yeah, that's a shame. I wish he would have been open to at least a few essential side ops that would open up the game a lot, but oh well.

Edit: The Jeep scene is one of the best parts of that game for me so far. That entire mission was fantastic and mission 31 is amazing too... though I really wish I knew how to finish it. There has to be an easier way than what I'm doing, because I keep
getting hit by the lasers

Lasers? Are you talking about the railgun, when Sally jumps onto a cliff? If so, just hide behind a rock wall and call in an airstrike.

strafer

At least we got to see Drew experience MGS2 and the mindfuckery that is Arsenal Gear.

WHY DON'T YOU HAVE ANY POSTERS IN YOUR ROOM!!!!???

WHAT A WEIRDO!!!

GEEEEZ LADY!

Lasers? Are you talking about the railgun, when Sally jumps onto a cliff? If so, just hide behind a rock wall and call in an airstrike.

That's easier said than done for me, I'm afraid.
Every time I try to hide somewhere, he zaps me before I have a chance to escape. Essentially, once he has me in his sights, I always die.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know, after playing digimon cyber sleuth even for the little bit that I did, but I'm not sure if I can go back to the regular style pokemon campaigns.

I know digimon CS skews older just from the amount of boobs on show, but damn man I want my monster raising with a more substantial RPG than what the pokemon games provide.

You know, after playing digimon cyber sleuth even for the little bit that I did, but I'm not sure if I can go back to the regular style pokemon campaigns.

I know digimon CS skews older just from the amount of boobs on show, but damn man I want my monster raising with a more substantial RPG than what the pokemon games provide.

I was thinking the exact same thing last night. Pokemon needs to be more of a fleshed out RPG like the GC games Colliseum and XD Gale of Darkness before I can really be interested in it again. Getting 8 badges -> beating the bad guy -> beating the champion just doesn't do it for me anymore.

The metagame is pretty amazing though and I wouldn't want that to change, but I want the campaign to be reworked.

The MGS2 playthrough is the best because, MGS1 got philosophical, so Drew kinda expects it to be like that again. But by the end of MGS2 it's so off the rails batshit insane, and Drew is reacting at it and it's hilarious and perfect.

It's the most entertaining one to watch for people who've never played Metal Gear. I have really significant problems with MGS2 as a game, but damn does that game get fucking nuts.

yami4ct

As someone who's gotten deep into breeding competitive pokemon and playing online somewhat (not at a crazy high level, but higher than randoms), I really don't want to see a big change in the core of raising and battling pokemon. It's so damn good once you start playing at that level.

I'd love some shifts in the base campaign, but that's secondary to why I play.

Just finished the Project Beast episode. That was great, some of my favourite content from GB. I think East have a great chemistry between them, they're just a joy to watch.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
As someone who's gotten deep into breeding competitive pokemon and playing online somewhat (not at a crazy high level, but higher than randoms), I really don't want to see a big change in the core of raising and battling pokemon. It's so damn good once you start playing at that level.

I'd love some shifts in the base campaign, but that's secondary to why I play.

Oh no I love that part too, just the campaign you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom