• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
john-cena-tacos.jpg

For the sake of his health, nobody tell Dan.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ska studios are one of the few studios whose games I will never look at just due to how much I dislike their art style.

Ska studios are one of the few studios whose games I will never look at just due to how much I dislike their art style.

Some of it I can stomach, but a lot of it (particularly the character models) look like something a 14 year old who shops at Hot Topic would doodle in his binder. Not even the goth stuff, just the weird bug eyed/seemingly anime influenced western look.

Bacon

Some of it I can stomach, but a lot of it (particularly the character models) look like something a 14 year old who shops at Hot Topic would doodle in his binder. Not even the goth stuff, just the weird bug eyed/seemingly anime influenced western look.

Yeah the character models in salt just completely take me out of the atmosphere that they are trying to create.

In a world that has been subjected to Totally Spies, they need to step up their fake anime game before anyone takes them seriously.

daydream

Banned
Man, Rondo of Blood is so good. Chronicles and Bloodlines have the best music, but Rondo's so well designed.

i'm playing along on psp (going through the dxc version myself). obviously the pce version is iconic but they definitely put a lot of care into the remake (which is mostly of visual nature barring some smaller changes in the levels)

Yeah the character models in salt just completely take me out of the atmosphere that they are trying to create.

I could maybe embrace it if it seemed a little more self-aware, like if the entire game took place inside of a Korn album or something, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Still might check out the game though.

i'm playing along on psp (going through the dxc version myself). obviously the pce version is iconic but they definitely put a lot of care into the remake (which is mostly of visual nature barring some smaller changes in the levels)

The art is generally what I don't like about the remake, though. I don't like Richter's redesign (or the Castlevania art style in general post-Symphony), and the game's generally too muddy and dreary for me compared to the original. Game's still absolutely worth owning to see the tweaks/additions they made and for having a portable version of the original and SotN.

The art is generally what I don't like about the remake, though. I don't like Richter's redesign (or the Castlevania art style in general post-Symphony), and the game's generally too muddy and dreary for me compared to the original. Game's still absolutely worth owning to see the tweaks/additions they made and for having a portable version of the original and SotN.
The gameplay also suffers from being locked to 30, too

daydream

Banned

yeah, i don't know why i like it. i wasn't too hot on it when i started out. it's probably a case of 'even a bad shakespeare performance is still shakespeare'. rondo is just pure quality and it will shine through every iteration. but yeah, regardless of how one feels about the artstyle, they really nailed that package

yeah, i don't know why i like it. i wasn't too hot on it when i started out. it's probably a case of 'even a bad shakespeare performance is still shakespeare'. rondo is just pure quality and it will shine through every iteration. but yeah, regardless of how one feels about the artstyle, they really nailed that package

I just like the idea that the West's first experience with Rondo of Blood includes a full-on remake. It was a big enough headline that we were getting the original at all.

I hope the guys play a little more SFV to encounter some of the bugs a lot of people seem to have.

My id is so broken now, it shows
- the wrong name during a match and the main menu (the name of some pro's account I watched a replay of)
- the wrong location on the map
- the wrong League Points
- just nothing on my fighter's profile

And I can't create or join lobbies anymore which is apparently also the fault of this. This game...

That loooooooooooooooooong match search means --- for every stat for me and my opponents. We're going with blind brackets here, heh.

NO BRAD STEP BACK FROM THE ABYSS THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO CARE AND WANT THE BEST FOR YOU!!!

Hey

Everyone go on iTunes and 5 star alt f1. It takes like two secs. You can write a review if you like. Cmon!

Here's a link

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/alt+f1/id1091772717?mt=2

Just did this. There are less than 10 reviews so far, go give your sporty duders a shout! The intro podcast they did seemed really good. I mostly listened at first to get more Drew and Danny, and eventually started craving that news about speedy racecars, even without watching 95% of the races.

This is where people need to go to get their Drew and Danny fix. Both are great.

I can't wait for Vinny to finally get to Symphony of the Night. It's what I've been waiting for ever since he started the feature. Everything has been building up to this game.

No_Style

Was watching Game Tapes 2 & Drew's comment about MGS4 being a great game made realize that I haven't heard him speak about MGS5 at all. For those who don't watch MGScanlon V, what's the scuttlebutt?

Chuck

Still without luck
A veggie burrito is just a wrap

no a wrap is a cold burrito. i heated up the veggies in mine. green and red peppers, squash and zuch, onions, heavily seasoned black beans, rice. wrapped with cheese and sour cream, salt and pepper.

delish

Jintor

someone grab patrick and make him talk about zero escape three. god knows i doubt GB is gonna play through the series.

maybe austin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom