• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonCha

Bakalar and O'Dwyer should be full time Giant Bomb duders, especially Bakalar. He's too good to rot in CNET

Don't know who Bakalar is but I seem to be in the minority of one in thinking Danny shouldn't. I don't really know what he'd add to them.

I remember the little tech spots CNET used to have on TechTV with Sumi Dos or something like that. I think that's where I first saw the Danger Sidekick. I miss that damn phone.

Patryn

Yeah, I know. Remedy are always good in my book but I just wish we would be done with this pre-release restrictions so we could hear some of the juicy details about a game and impressions.

Either way, I'm there day 1 for whatever Remedy puts out.

I don't mind an embargo like this, because otherwise you'd have smaller sites already rushing reviews out right now, likely having not completed the game.

I bet CNET gets 10x the traffic of giant bomb.

A rough look at Alexa has CNET as 147th in the World and 82nd in the US.

Giant Bomb is 4,523 in the world and 1797 in the US.

So, yeah. CNET is just a tad bit bigger and more important.

Bowlie

Banned

wfq3zLo.png

Nothing substantial.

kvk1

I don't know, I think there is some fun interaction among the guys in those videos while they're discussing the game.

I can think of more boring content released recently.

Sylas

Did they say why? That was some of my favorite content in the past. You don't really get developers in this relaxed (and tipsy) setting anywhere else

One must wonder if last year's debacle has much to do with it...

That was last year at GDC, right?

Frith

when did they say nope?

i was going to say how almost gutted i was then i looked it up and they were always just friday shows anyway.

Myggen

When was it that Lang got all uncomfortable with Ed Boon? I can't remember this shit at all. E3 they weren't in the studio.

Two years ago. Last year PAX and GDC overlapped.

when did they say nope?

i was going to say how almost gutted i was then i looked it up and they were always just friday shows anyway.

They haven't said anything about it and UPF is on the schedule for Friday. Pretty safe to assume that there's not gonna be a liveshow. I expect guests on UPF though.

oRuin

I'm probably alone here, please don't kill me.
I have enjoyed Vinnys Castlevania content, watched them all twice over by now. But for the love of god, I'm having to mute the last few. The backseat gaming and shouting 'JUMP!' and 'WHIP!' has completely turned me off them. I have had to mute the streams just to enjoy them. I loved watching the old videos with Vinny playing the games alone while the others would chit chat about different things. Maybe it's just my current state of mind, but I just can't stand them anymore.
And from the look of vinnys face sometimes, I think the backseat gaming and blowing your nose into a mic is grinding on him.

I have enjoyed Vinnys Castlevania content, watched them all twice over by now. But for the love of god, I'm having to mute the last few. The backseat gaming and shouting 'JUMP!' and 'WHIP!' has completely turned me off them. I have had to mute the streams just to enjoy them. I loved watching the old videos with Vinny playing the games alone while the others would chit chat about different things. Maybe it's just my current state of mind, but I just can't stand them anymore.
And from the look of vinnys face sometimes, I think the backseat gaming and blowing your nose into a mic is grinding on him.

im not getting any of that? Maybe dont take this too seriously

im not getting any of that? Maybe dont take this too seriously

It definitely has a different tone than John Drake and Brad talking shit etc but it's just the nature of the small studio, everyone's focus is on the game.

I enjoy Alex's and Austin's input so whatevs.

I imagine if you're going to watch hours and hours of Castlevania twice then things will start to annoy you.

How can you go from Vinny not liking the backseat gameplay to blowing the nose in mic? Is Vinny just looking irritated the entire time to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom