• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm probably alone here, please don't kill me.
I have enjoyed Vinnys Castlevania content, watched them all twice over by now. But for the love of god, I'm having to mute the last few. The backseat gaming and shouting 'JUMP!' and 'WHIP!' has completely turned me off them. I have had to mute the streams just to enjoy them. I loved watching the old videos with Vinny playing the games alone while the others would chit chat about different things. Maybe it's just my current state of mind, but I just can't stand them anymore.
And from the look of vinnys face sometimes, I think the backseat gaming and blowing your nose into a mic is grinding on him.

There's a lot of "Shoot that dude!" level advice but I've only noticed Vinny get frustrated with the games/his play, never felt like it was unwanted discussion.

No_Style

I just watched Norm's coverage of the PS VR for Tested. It made me wonder why GB wasn't out and about doing similar interviews & talks.

I wish we still got Quick Looks of bad games like this http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/alekhines-gun

I don't at all. Although they still play really bad games on UPF sometimes that overstays it's welcome. The "this is bad, so its funny" thing of playing bad games is totally lost on me. To me, they are just bad games and not fun to watch. But I will say that they do have an occsional bad game that does have charm to it, that makes it endearing in a way.

Volotaire

I just watched Norm's coverage of the PS VR for Tested. It made me wonder why GB wasn't out and about doing similar interviews & talks.

This reminds me of how much I missed GB's E3 showfloor videos last year. I hope they return back to them this year, although it is hard to innovate and differentiate from videos they have done in past years and videos other outlets post on the showfloor. Even then, I find them to be entertaining.

IIRC, Jeff mentioned that there was little additive substance to what they were saying in the videos with respect to what they were saying in their end of E3 day videos/podcasts. I think he also said it lifted a lot of stress from their video crew too.

FStop7

Banned
I'm probably alone here, please don't kill me.
I have enjoyed Vinnys Castlevania content, watched them all twice over by now. But for the love of god, I'm having to mute the last few. The backseat gaming and shouting 'JUMP!' and 'WHIP!' has completely turned me off them. I have had to mute the streams just to enjoy them. I loved watching the old videos with Vinny playing the games alone while the others would chit chat about different things. Maybe it's just my current state of mind, but I just can't stand them anymore.
And from the look of vinnys face sometimes, I think the backseat gaming and blowing your nose into a mic is grinding on him.

I'm not usually watching the face cam so I don't know what their individual reactions are, but just speaking as a viewer the advice hasn't bothered me at all. The nose blowing did. But I'm guessing that they don't have cough buttons, at least not yet. Probably one of many things on their to-do list.

Bowlie

Banned
Guys, if I wanted to watch as much as The New Day's performances as possible, what is the best way?

Does WWE Network have some kind of filter?

xCzH2d0.png

im just glad they could figure that out and not, you know Tekken x Street Fighter

though between SFxT poisoning the well for TxSF and then SFV being a mild bomba i imagine we'll never ever get Tekken x SF

Also forgetting the fact that Tekken 7 hasn't even come out yet (and not even a date for release) outside of Japanese arcades.

This reminds me of how much I missed GB's E3 showfloor videos last year. I hope they return back to them this year, although it is hard to innovate and differentiate from videos they have done in past years and videos other outlets post on the showfloor. Even then, I find them to be entertaining.

IIRC, Jeff mentioned that there was little additive substance to what they were saying in the videos with respect to what they were saying in their end of E3 day videos/podcasts. I think he also said it lifted a lot of stress from their video crew too.

I mean, I remember Drew saying those incredible hour-long day-on-the-floor videos were 24 hours of editing. That's a giant time commitment.

That said, I desperately miss edited GB videos. I think they are really good at doing them on both the talent and production end, and it's a giant bummer they literally never happen now. The studio videos they did last E3 were incredibly lame.

Austin's podcast has introduced a character named Lazer Ted that is essentially cyberpunk Riff Raff, and I think we've reached the pinnacle of all art.

honestly I find Mary Kish kinda boring. I like her in small doses

I don't find her that interesting in the context of Gamespot's rigid video feature formats, but when she's on Giant Bomb her personality comes out and she seems like a ton of fun. Avalon was so great, in particular.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Whoa Astroneer looks so cool. What a beautiful skybox!

I'd be really excited to play it now. Dunno how I'll feel after playing (hopefully a lot of) NMS. Not that they're the same, but some similar ideas.

Bakalar and O'Dwyer should be full time Giant Bomb duders, especially Bakalar. He's too good to rot in CNET

What I think could make sense (at least for the West Coast) is to move the GameSpot video crew to become a part of Giant Bomb. As Danny has said, their video content viewership pales in comparison to Giant Bomb. So, they would make the video stuff as part of Giant Bomb, but still feature that video content as part of GameSpot. Essentially GameSpot would still have a news and editorial/reviews crew and feature the video content and onscreen talent on those videos. The only difference is the video content and onscreen talent would be technically a part of Giant Bomb and show up in more Quick Looks. The fact that they practically all have their work desks in the same general area makes it somewhat feasible in my mind. I bet the viewership of their stuff would increase.

Volotaire

I mean, I remember Drew saying those incredible hour-long day-on-the-floor videos were 24 hours of editing. That's a giant time commitment.

That said, I desperately miss edited GB videos. I think they are really good at doing them on both the talent and production end, and it's a giant bummer they literally never happen now. The studio videos they did last E3 were incredibly lame.

Oh wow. I clearly understand their perspective now. Especially given the fact that the videos are edited during E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom