• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

How relevant is e3 these days?

Is Nintendo in trouble?

VR Talk has gone right into the exact same territory as all that stuff and the discussions come up 100x more often. I'm very interested in VR, but if you have nothing new to say, I don't want to hear you ramble on for 30 minutes about it.

VR is an incredibly exciting prospect, but I simply do not see any mainstream viability in the technology as it's coming to market this year.

I can see consumer VR succeeding when it's a reasonably-priced, standalone piece of hardware that can be used out of the box without a need for any other hardware. Not before.

kvk1

E3 2016

t1465934400z4.png

yami4ct

Well, that NX controller thread is going places.

Boy leak threads are predictable. You get just a handful of post types

A) Calling it fake. Wanting to be the guy that figures out the one piece that proves its fakeness.
B) Absolutely hating it. Worst thing ever.
C) A few people defending whatever leaked thing is. By far the smallest group, but often vocal.

yami4ct

That NX controller looks just dumb enough to be something Nintendo would actually make.

It looks like the kind of thing that I won't know if it works until I actually hold it. I think tech has reached a point where good haptics+3D touch can perfectly replicate buttons on a screen and be incredibly customizable and intuitive. The question is, does Nintendo's implementation work?

I kind of doubt they would release a controller like that if the haptics were bad. For as misguided as controllers like the Wii U gamepad are, they all accomplish what they intend. The problem is the intent is sometimes a huge market misread.

Not saying for certain whether it's real or whether it's fake, but there are a hell of a lot of people confusing "this looks weird!" with "this is a fake!" in that controller thread.

Frith

i just have never seen a photo of a display that looks quite like that (not the shape but cameras that would make the desk look that shitty don't tend to make screens look so even)

it just seems so so fake

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ever since they said they would use this Sharp free-form display technology you could imagine something that's mostly a screen. Then the patent fit that aswell...I really don't have too many doubts that it'll look something like this.

Here's how Sharp showed it first:

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
At least I'm not one of those people that hasn't seen any Ryan content!

Does the first three episodes of to build a bomb count?

Honestly...just go to Qlcrew.com, check Vinny, check Ryan, and watch literally whatever your mouse lands on. Congratulations you've just started to watch the best Giant Bomb content you've ever seen.

What you've just said implies to me that you haven't seen any of the Sleeping Dogs content on the site. I just won't allow it. I'm pretty sure community is kind of like the wild west and I haven't seen Emcee in a while so by seniority I think I can ban you for this.

yami4ct

Assuming the NX image is of the Console Controller (seems like the logical bet), I'm more interested in what it means for the handheld. We can kind of assume.

Dual Screen Formfactor. You aren't going to make the console a 2 screen device and leave the handheld single screen if you assume any sort of porting/cross compatibility at all. Etrian Odyssey can continue unabated.

Capacitive Touch. This one is a positive and negative. Capacitive touch feels significantly smoother and better than resistive, but for the simple functions the DS subscreen has, resistive is almost better.

Customizable buttons seem potentially more interesting on a handheld then a regular controller.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Honestly...just go to Qlcrew.com, check Vinny, check Ryan, and watch literally whatever your mouse lands on. Congratulations you've just started to watch the best Giant Bomb content you've ever seen.

What you've just said implies to me that you haven't seen any of the Sleeping Dogs content on the site. I just won't allow it. I'm pretty sure community is kind of like the wild west and I haven't seen Emcee in a while so by seniority I think I can ban you for this.

I don't think there were any Jeff Vinny sleepy dogs videos.

I've been going to qlcrew, setting it to reversed order for all videos and letting the playlist run. For some reason my PC is having a lot of issues with qlcrew atm and I'm not sure if it's me or the website itself since my premium account isn't working and some videos aren't playing (or are cut short), so I'm catching up on the old apd/bombcasts for now. I'll try again later tho.

Please don't ban me!

Are you proud of this?

no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom