• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

qJXSeXZ.jpg

Joeku

I have no expectation one way or the other. All I can say is every single Nintendo home console controller has baffled me since the N64.

I mean, the WiiU Gamepad is just a modern-ass controller plus a screen. It's not that tough.

Also, play Bayonetta 2 with the Pro Controller. That shit is tight.

daydream

Banned
nes, snes and gc controllers are all godlike, so is the gamepad and the wiimote+nunchuk combo

with the nx controller it's a similar situation to when gb is hiring - considering who's in charge of the process, i see no reason to be worried

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
nes, snes and gc controllers are all godlike, so is the gamepad and the wiimote+nunchuk combo

with the nx controller it's a similar situation to when gb is hiring - considering who's in charge of the process, i see no reason to be worried

The Wii Remote was not, is not, and never will be anything but pure garbage. The piece of shit couldn't even adequately control games specifically for it. It was a terrible half baked idea that caught on with people despite how awful it was because it had one feature that they liked that more or less kind of worked most of the time, sort of. The d-pad was terrible, the analog stick on the nunchuk wasn't any good, and there simply were not enough buttons to control modern games.

Joeku

The Wii Remote was not, is not, and never will be anything but pure garbage. The piece of shit couldn't even adequately control games specifically for it. It was a terrible half baked idea that caught on with people despite how awful it was because it had one feature that they liked that more or less kind of worked most of the time, sort of. The d-pad was terrible, the analog stick on the nunchuk wasn't any good, and there simply were not enough buttons to control modern games.

You should play Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, the best game on the Wii. It's the ZombiU of last gen, insofar as using a system's control method super effectively.

daydream

Banned
The Wii Remote was not, is not, and never will be anything but pure garbage. The piece of shit couldn't even adequately control games specifically for it. It was a terrible half baked idea that caught on with people despite how awful it was because it had one feature that they liked that more or less kind of worked most of the time, sort of.

hm, yeah, you're right. just like the 360 controller is "pure garbage" because witcher 2 is an uncontrollable mess. damn those controllers making games control bad!

casual gamer alert

daydream

Banned
i mean, on its side, it was just an nes controller so it's already solid by default

but combined with a nunchuk it was something else. felt really great to hold and was super intuitive and versatile

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
hm, yeah, you're right. just like the 360 controller is "pure garbage" because witcher 2 is an uncontrollable mess. damn those controllers making games control bad!

The Witcher 2 wasn't made for the Xbox 360 controller, it offered it as an option. Nintendo made games specifically for the Wii Remote and failed nearly every single time at making the controller work with the exception of Wii Sports and...well, it's just a third of Wii Sports really and that's the end of the list.

The NES controller is also terrible, but the Wii controller sideways manages to be an even worse version of the NES controller.

The Witcher 2 wasn't made for the Xbox 360 controller, it offered it as an option. Nintendo made games specifically for the Wii Remote and failed nearly every single time at making the controller work with the exception of Wii Sports and...well, it's just a third of Wii Sports really and that's the end of the list.

what the fuck are you talking about

Like, seriously, I'm having trouble coming up with first party games that straight-up didn't work other than Boxing, which is junk.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Like, seriously, I'm having trouble coming up with first party games that straight-up didn't work other than Boxing, which is junk.

Every game that used a shake of the controller or nunchuk was terrible. Every single one. And anything that required real accuracy until the Wii Motion+ was busted. If your controller is anything less than 100% accurate, your controller failed.

Same here.

Even third party stuff like Madworld and No More Heroes was fantastic with the wiimote. Playing NMH without it on PS3 felt weird.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Same here.

Even third party stuff like Madworld and No More Heroes was fantastic with the wiimote. Playing NMH without it on PS3 felt weird.

I really, really hated both of those games and thought they looked excellent going in. I was probably just wrong about Mad World, but I imagine I would have finished No More Heroes if I didn't play on Wii.

That's a bit extreme.

By that udgement the 360 pad is terrible because games make you use its d-pad.

As bad as the 360 D-pad is, when you press it to the left, it goes to the left.

I really, really hated both of those games and thought they looked excellent going in. I was probably just wrong about Mad World, but I imagine I would have finished No More Heroes if I didn't play on Wii.

Doesn't really matter whether you liked the controller/games or not. The point is that they both worked perfectly fine with the wiimote.

But motion controls aren't for everyone and you're free to dislike them.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

As bad as the 360 D-pad is, when you press it to the left, it goes to the left.

Sometimes it goes up!

For a fun surprise it occasionally goes down.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It's easily been two decades since there was a worse standard controller than the Wii Remote. You have to go back to the Jaguar.

The Kinect doesn't count as a controller, does it? So long as that doesn't count, I'm entirely confident in this two decade thing.

Chuck

Still without luck
That Golem quick look

looked

fucking

terrible.

Kind of shocked they would show that awful looking garbage and pretend it's a real game shipping this year. Wow.

I'd say of the 3D generation of games, the OG xbox controller, dreamcast controller, and DS3 are easily the worst controllers.

You could take any modern controller from this generation and put them as my favorite tbh (even the gamepad).

Jintor

no more heroes controlled like garbage but I liked playing it with a wiimote way better than on the ps3

something about shaking the stupid thing and then awkwardly slicing through the air to decapitate someone while it made the dumb guitar sound that was just incredible

daydream

Banned
That Golem quick look

looked

fucking

terrible.

Kind of shocked they would show that awful looking garbage and pretend it's a real game shipping this year. Wow.

why anyone would wanna play a game like golem where every aspect is obviously hamstrung by the design limitations of vr is beyond me

i also liked how a two minute experience was stretched out to ten minutes by just turning the walking speed down to zero walking speed

yami4ct

I think that particular picture could be a really good fake, but I definitely think it's something close to what Nintendo's working on. The Sharp Freeform display deal and that patent point towards some sort of controller with an odd shaped display and some combination of sticks, haptic buttons and maybe some real buttons as well.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Hey, how did they capture that VR footage? Does the Sony headset just have a video out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom