• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
That VR QL sure was something. Listening to it with headphones on certainly helped, but it's bizarre that the animation transitions were THAT rough for a game supposedly shipping this year.

It's a motion-controlled game with weird camera control.

As someone still mourning the death of Kinect, this is a grand new era for QLs.

Edit: The Golem QL did raise an interesting point that I've never really considered about VR--namely, the sense of scale. I kinda want to try VR now, just to see how much that changes.

yami4ct

Golem proves that using the stock move with PSVR might end up being a real mess if they don't start pushing the Nav as well. Not having an analogue stick makes movement impossible unless you try and go room scale with walking, and that has inherent unsolvable issues and really isn't practical right now. Even then trying to create a game at room scale with a larger world is a problem that hasn't been completely solved.

I get the idea that a controller is 'too close to traditional games' idea, but at some point you have to determine if your novelty idea actually works and is additive overall. For Golem, it seems very much subtractive. I won't judge PSVR games based on this (That'd be silly), but Golem definitely looks like kind of a bad game right now.

repeater

Best thing about the Golem Unfinished was the guy seated in the background who was squarely ignored by everyone through the whole thing.

Also, googly eyes is the killer app of PSVR.

popo

GB communication with their audience continues to be poor. If they were not intending to do any GDC streams they really could have just said so. Even if the reason was that they didn't want to. Hell, even if they didn't offer any explanation at all, it would stop ppl asking. Mods on GB forum being heavy handed (no surprise) closing multiple threads on the subject. One staff member replying and making the thread sticky is all it needed.

Myggen

GB communication with their audience continues to be poor. If they were not intending to do any GDC streams they really could have just said so. Even if the reason was that they didn't want to. Hell, even if they didn't offer any explanation at all, it would stop ppl asking. Mods on GB forum being heavy handed (no surprise) closing multiple threads on the subject. One staff member replying and making the thread sticky is all it needed.

It has been pretty obvious that they're not doing it ever since they laid out their plans for GDC at the end of last UPF and a normal UPF went up on the schedule on Tuesday. Sure they could've spelled it out, but some people making threads on the forum about it isn't a very big problem.

Jothel

i actually forgot i played a lot of that game

Yeah, I think I burnt myself out on doing the mindless Brotherhood missions, go here kill these people, go there get that thing. I did like 5-6 hours of that straight while catching up on podcasts and after that eeeeeeeh

Teddified

I liked it well enough to do everything and put in 120 hours. But that story is kinda meh. I've found with 3, NV and 4 that I like exploring every location and doing little side quests unrelated to the main thing the most fun and interesting. Hell I basically get a little bit into the main plot then do everything else possible before I go and just mainline the missions left.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Hey guys, I bought this game "Stardrew Valley" and it seems kinda neat. Not a lot of talk about that game at the moment but it's really good, check it out maybe?

LiK

Watching Game Tapes 2 and omg, people are doing construction while they're filming. Bad timing lol

Edit: man, this is bringing back memories. I watched this live on Gamespot back in the day.

I hope Beast actually does that update on Factorio. Game looks super interesting but I'm too into Stardew right now and too close to DS3 to give a try right now.

"Not all developer's are pulling out. 2K is still holding it down."
"2K! Rhythm method!"

I love how some of Vinny's funniest lines that he sneaks in just go completely ignored by the others.

Guys, I've missed the past two weeks of content due to personal real life stuff getting in the way (bah). Recommendations on what to watch first? Looking for something light and funny to take my mind off stuff.

I don't buy nintendo releasing a console that doesn't have a dpad because how the fuck are they supposed to sell you Super Mario Bros for the 56th time if it doesn't have a dpad

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I don't buy nintendo releasing a console that doesn't have a dpad because how the fuck are they supposed to sell you Super Mario Bros for the 56th time if it doesn't have a dpad
Part of that patent were exchangeable parts for sticks and buttons.

Maybe they looked at the WiiU and its 37 controllers and thought: "What if we made only one, but you can alter it?"

popo

It has been pretty obvious that they're not doing it ever since they laid out their plans for GDC at the end of last UPF and a normal UPF went up on the schedule on Tuesday. Sure they could've spelled it out, but some people making threads on the forum about it isn't a very big problem.

Obvious to people who follow the site closely - even then there have been multiple ppl in this thread asking.

I can't think of a single reason why they should not confirm that they have no plans to do them this year. Having to infer the fact from their silence is giving them a pass IMO.

"I see some fans are asking in the forums, but closing threads isn't a very big problem so lets just ignore the fuckers. Dumb fans showing an interest in our site!".

demidar

Part of that patent were exchangeable parts for sticks and buttons.

Maybe they looked at the WiiU and its 37 controllers and thought: "What if we made only one, but you can alter it?"

Damn, the Nintendo NX controller was a Gunpla all along.

Obvious to people who follow the site closely - even then there have been multiple ppl in this thread asking.

I can't think of a single reason why they should not confirm that they have no plans to do them this year. Having to infer the fact from their silence is giving them a pass IMO.

"I see some fans are asking in the forums, but closing threads isn't a very big problem so lets just ignore the fuckers. Dumb fans showing an interest in our site!".
Them not mentioning holding a stream when clearly discussing their plans is a pretty clear tell that they won't be holding a stream, there's nothing to infer because they basically said it won't be happening.

kAmui-

If they don't explicitly say something is happening, it usually isn't happening. That's the Giant Bomb way.

Guys, I've missed the past two weeks of content due to personal real life stuff getting in the way (bah). Recommendations on what to watch first? Looking for something light and funny to take my mind off stuff.

Hitman quick look is pretty great. I enjoyed the UFC one too. If you are a premium member you can't go wrong with game tapes and upf either.

Hitman quick look is pretty great. I enjoyed the UFC one too. If you are a premium member you can't go wrong with game tapes and upf either.

Great, thanks. Premium 4 life baby! I'm gonna start with 03/04/2016 UPF and work my way from there. Feels weird to have so much content to catch up on, I normally consume everything as soon as they put it up.

people are bothered that they aren't doing a thing they didn't say they were doing in the first place?

people have some weird entitlement issues given that gdc livestreams aren't a paid feature on the site or anything. If they didn't cover it then so what? Like i said earlier, it would just be VRVRVRVRVRVRVRVR anyhow and i think we've all had our fill on that topic

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
people are bothered that they aren't doing a thing they didn't say they were doing in the first place?

people have some weird entitlement issues given that gdc livestreams aren't a paid feature on the site or anything. If they didn't cover it then so what? Like i said earlier, it would just be VRVRVRVRVRVRVRVR anyhow and i think we've all had our fill on that topic
I would love GDC streams with devs, it's some of my favorite content on the site.

I would love GDC streams with devs, it's some of my favorite content on the site.

i'd love it, too, but they didn't say they were doing that this year so being upset or bothered by the lack of livestreams and asking for them to respond to the outrage some have over this seems like a lot for something they didnt say they had plans for.

so i don't get why some are fuming over it

on another note: Hearing Vinny talk about Hitman makes me want to see him try to do the Paris mission and break that game a few times in the process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom