• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
When law enforcement actually gets the tools they need to start charging those committing harassment with real crimes, then shit might actually calm down. There need to be real consequences for people to learn.

You mean like, death threats right? Or just any time someone calls someone a poopy head on Twitter?

Jintor

There's probably shitheads that likes everything you like, you can't let that get you down.

i was fine with it until like four pages of anime reaction memes to patrick's tweet

like man that's just some brute force "people who like the thing you like are wankers"

yami4ct

You mean like, death threats right? Or just any time someone calls someone a poopy head on Twitter?

I'm talking about Doxers, death threats, people who create and lead harassment campaigns and people who do real damage. Long term trolls who constantly make different accounts to harass and throw shitty remarks are on the edge. The normal troll that occasionally has something shitty to say isn't worth dealing with.

I'm talking about Doxers, death threats, people who create and lead harassment campaigns and people who do real damage. Long term trolls who constantly make different accounts to harass and throw shitty remarks are on the edge. The normal troll that occasionally has something shitty to say isn't worth dealing with.

Ah ok, I gotcha.

Cd3vowQUAAAd6Pc.jpg

i was fine with it until like four pages of anime reaction memes to patrick's tweet

like man that's just some brute force "people who like the thing you like are wankers"

Thankfully the people that are assholes aren't subtle about it so it's normally really easy to tell the assholes from the actual decent people.

Lijik

What's the Dan Ryckert Butt Tumblr story? I've heard of it multiple times, but never actually heard the bit.

I might be off on the details a bit, but im pretty sure its Dan tried on someones Google Glass pair during an E3 video for Game Informer and noticed they had a tumblr page filled with butts open in the corner
edit- beaten by the genuine article

yami4ct

big finale or grinding for the end?

They basically said they weren't going to show all the random side stuff to unlock the end and the Chapter 2 stuff would be some sort of 'critical path' thing. I suspect someone will just unlock those missions for Drew and they'll edit him playing together.

Depending on how quick he is, it'll probably be at least 2 episodes even critical pathing it. That final
Quiet Mission
in particular is some bullshit and even the shorter missions of Chapter 2 can take an hour or so.

daydream

Banned
The good news is that a lot of those people are going to be out of a job soon

i wasn't referring to gawker but ok

that's just a case of shitty individuals ruining it for everyone else. i mean, barring scoops' scoops, kotaku is a poor gaming outlet all around but nobody deserves to lose their job for writing innocuous clickbait

yami4ct

i wasn't referring to gawker but ok

that's just a case of shitty individuals ruining it for everyone else. i mean, barring scoops' scoops, kotaku is a poor gaming outlet all around but nobody deserves to lose their job for writing innocuous clickbait

Kotaku has gotten a lot better even outside of Patrick in the past couple years.. They still have clickbait shit to pay the bills, but they have at least 3-4 really great writers who put out consistently good stuff. It's been a kind of remarkable shift.

A few gaming journalists losing their jobs is really nothing vs shutting down a gross network who profit things like this.

I mean we all like Patrick but perspective needed.

It's possible to recognize Gawker is a bunch of fuckheads while simultaneously being saddened by Kotaku being in trouble. Those ideas aren't really contradictory even if they are unfortunately connected.

yami4ct

Did they really fuse a human with a pokemon? Did they never stop to think if they should?

That's actually not a unique idea. A pokemon manga awhile back was completely dedicated to that. The Mystery Dungeon games are also about people turned into Pokemon.

Luckily it's an idea relegated to spinoffs and side media, because it's really dumb.

Jintor

I kinda feel like the root issue at the very heart of it is: people don't want to pay for good journalism or good writing.

we mock the shit out of the clickbait stuff but we still click it and it's what keeps the lights on.

wait, are you talking about machomp

fusion stuff is more of a digimon thing. that is, when digimon got bad

it was still okay in tamers tho

Did they really fuse a human with a pokemon? Did they never stop to think if they should?
From what I understand:

They did it in some spinoff manga (Pokemon manga is weird)

There's some shit in the anime where Ash can somehow mind meld with his Greninja that has never been explained

People looked at the logo for Sun and Moon and thought a diamond shape in then was possibly reference to the manga thing and hinting that it would be in the games

The thing in Pokken is Mega Evolution, which is a different thing that was introduced in X/Y

yami4ct

the scans i'm looking at make that manga seem downright bootleg

For as protective of the property TPC usually are, they for some reason let Manga go buck wild. There's so much dumb shit there. There's a good reason 90% of it doesn't make it out of Japan.

Mainline manga only guys. Where Mewtwo is technically made by using cells of/partially controlled by/a part of Blaine and Team Rocket are some real fuckers. Like child kidnapping, torture kind of fuckers.

Jintor

Digimon Frontier is the best digimon, y'all are crazy.

i hear tamers is the best. i vaguely remember it being good, but i haven't sat down and caught up.

adventure is good for nostalgia and being pretty nicely constructed, 02 is good... only for nostalgia really

From what I understand:

They did it in some spinoff manga (Pokemon manga is weird)

There's some shit in the anime where Ash can somehow mind meld with his Greninja that has never been explained

People looked at the logo for Sun and Moon and thought a diamond shape in then was possibly reference to the manga thing and hinting that it would be in the games

The thing in Pokken is Mega Evolution, which is a different thing that was introduced in X/Y

If i'm not crazy there's also someone in one of the games who was trapped as a pokemon. Also the episode where Ash is turned into a Pikachu.

Bowlie

Banned
i hear tamers is the best. i vaguely remember it being good, but i haven't sat down and caught up.

adventure is good for nostalgia and being pretty nicely constructed, 02 is good... only for nostalgia really

Agree with everything, and I really liked the changes presented in Frontier. That's when they started to build the digimon lore (as in, some of them are holy knights or gods).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom