• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
If i'm not crazy there's also someone in one of the games who was trapped as a pokemon. Also the episode where Ash is turned into a Pikachu.

you're right, i forgot about bill's science experiment or whatever he was conducting

pokemon%20red%20blue%20bill.jpg

never actually thought about it

The Mystery Dungeon subseries is all that. People trapped in Pokemon.

Really? I never knew that was the premise. I've never played one, I always just figured it was from the perspective of Pokemon and as a result you could understand other Pokemon, not that humans were turned into the Pokemon.

yami4ct

Really? I never knew that was the premise. I've never played one, I always just figured it was from the perspective of Pokemon and as a result you could understand other Pokemon, not that humans were turned into the Pokemon.

From the Wikipedia entry:

Although there are different features in each of the titles, the major gameplay in each title are the same. The player assumes the role of a Pokémon that was transformed from a human, found by the player's Pokémon partner in the start of the game. Before the game starts, the player will need to go through a personality test; this will decide which Pokémon the player is in the game (with the exception of the WiiWare games and Gates to Infinity, where the player may choose their starter).

Pokemon can get real weird and rarely goes for the obvious explanation.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ash's_Greninja

Shortly after evolving into Greninja, through its strong bond with Ash, he can call upon a transformation similar to Mega Evolution, where it takes on an appearance resembling its Trainer while being covered in a water veil. Its full capabilities are unknown, but it appears to give a significant boost in speed and power. This form comes with a side effect where whenever Greninja takes damage, the pain is shared with Ash in the same location where Greninja was hurt. Ash is also shown to be able to see from Greninja's point of view and will occasionally mimic Greninja's movements. Ash describes it as feeling like he "became" Greninja.

what

Lijik

nah, he's totally a human pokemon. he has you hit the switch on the machine to undo the transformation, remember?

i completely forgot this happened but now i understand why it was so easy to believe as a kid a bunch of pokegods were hanging out in bills garden
dude is fucking weeeeird

I hear the X/Y anime is actually really good.

That hasn't been my impression at all, but then again I haven't followed it especially closely. An episode here or there but it seems like it all just follows the same beats it did a two decades ago.

The fact they still use Jessie/James as the bad guys with their contraption of the week just drives me up the wall.

daydream

Banned
wasn't pokemon origins supposed to be decent or something

anyway, the anime was always bad. didn't stop me from watching it religiously during the mania, though

yami4ct

wasn't pokemon origins supposed to be decent or something

anyway, the anime was always bad. didn't stop me from watching it religiously during the mania, though

It was a pretty as hell special miniseries. Aside from the nostalgia factor and how good it looked, it didn't really have any other value.

Gary Oak's Stand is Nidoking. He has the power to stop time for 6 seconds at a time. Ash has to defeat Gary with his Stand Greninja in order to break his curse of losing against every elite 4 ever.

I've never ever seen anything of JJBA that made me think "this is something someone should watch." I imagine it's a spin off of that BoBoBoBoBo anime, but popular.

Oh man

it's like wrestling with huge muscular guys

but with dumb ghosts and stuff

The whole Greninja talk and taking the form and ash and ash taking damage when greninja does is totally what a stand is

I've never ever seen anything of JJBA that made me think "this is something someone should watch." I imagine it's a spin off of that BoBoBoBoBo anime, but popular.

Jojo precedes the hell out of Bobobo. The guy who drew the original manga has been featured at The Louvre. There's a lot of good and bad stuff from Jojo, but it's inspired a lot of other works.

Tubobutts

How come Dan likes Frogadier, but claims to not want Greininja Amiibos, despite knowing that saying that would make people send him them?

Follow the money.

yami4ct

JoJo is legit awesome. It's clever, funny, and super creative. It has some of the most interesting action scenes around and some really cool characters. It also has style for days. It's nothing like BoBoBoBoBo.

If you wanted BoBoBoBoBo but popular, that's more something like Gintama. They are both anime parody series. Gintama is way more intelligent and interesting, though.

neshcom

Banned
The only reason I made a JoJo-BoBo connection was because everyone in JoJo has a Jo-based name? Plus beefcakes.

I keep meaning to watch Pokemon Origins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom