• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hs1Kjldl.png

Plagiarism!!

Mr. F

Banned
Yeah it was pretty annoying after awhile. I thought I could handle Drake in short amounts. But today I just turned it off after a point.

I've stuck through but yeah kind of jumped around after a bit. It's kind of unfortunate Drake's default voice happens to be a raspy yell.

You know the craziest part of this all? That $115 million might not be all Gawker has to fork over.

oh_boy.png

And even if Gawker wants to appeal the case, they have to put $50 million in escrow until the appeal process is over.

And they might not even have that!

Even worse the $115 million is about half of what they're worth

so they're wrecked through and through

Watching UPF now, and holy shit, Dan is the one who
leaked the "shit my pants" video
? What the fuuuck

We're getting into "tell me something about Dan and I'll probably just believe it" territory.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Patrick joins g4, leaves and g4 is gone.

Patrick joins kotaku, leaves and gawker is gone.

Patrick joins giantbomb, and Dan joined after he leaves.

Patrick, destroying every website he joins.

And even if Gawker wants to appeal the case, they have to put $50 million in escrow until the appeal process is over.

Yikes. Didn't realize all that. So, basically, after all is said and done, they could be required to pay more than they're worth. Previously, I didn't seriously think they were at threat of shutting down (or downsizing significantly). Now, I feel sorry for the employees who obviously can't control what their bosses feel is "justice". They could be out of work soon. If Patrick is laid off, I hope he finds work quickly.

They don't, the courts can waive the bond and probably will.

Even $50 million is a lot of money, though, so it’s likely that Gawker will ask the courts (first Campbell, and if she refuses, as she likely will, then the appeals court) to either reduce the amount of the supersedeas bond or to stay the judgement without requiring a bond.

Dorothy Easley, one of Florida’s top appellate attorneys, writes in a 2012 article in the Florida Bar Journal that courts have the power to issue stays without requiring supersedeas bonds. A defendant like Gawker can get an automatic stay by paying the full amount of the bond, but if they cannot afford the bond, then they can still ask the courts to grant a stay; they just won’t automatically receive one. It will be up to the court’s discretion.

Given how favorable the appeals court has been toward Gawker so far, the company is understandably confident that the appeals court will issue a stay without requiring them to pay a $115 million bond.
This is getting appealed and even if Hogan wins again (which he may not) , it won't be 115 million.

StoveOven

Banned
Patrick joins g4, leaves and g4 is gone.

Patrick joins kotaku, leaves and gawker is gone.

Patrick joins giantbomb, and Dan joined after he leaves.

Patrick, destroying every website he joins.

I hate to be that guy, but Dan joined before Patrick left, and Patrick hasn't left Kotaku

They don't, the courts can waive the bond and probably will.

This is getting appealed and even if Hogan wins again (which he may not) , it won't be 115 million.

That's if the court agrees to waiving the fee for the stay.

Seeing as how the judge presiding was the one who originally issued the C&D against Gawker to take down the video, I doubt they will waive the fee.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dan is the only reason GB is still alive.

Dan saved GB as the 'only person trying to put out new content' after Patrick left.

Dan is the babyface.

edit: That UPF is the most disappointing UPF to involve Dave Lang ever. John Drake is worse than Patrick when he first started about talking over everyone and everything.

Mr. F

Banned

Dan saved GB as the 'only person trying to put out new content' after Patrick left.

Dan is the babyface.

edit: That UPF is the most disappointing UPF to involve Dave Lang ever. John Drake is worse than Patrick when he first started about talking over everyone and everything.

All this does is remind me that Brad really needs his own series again.

whatdoesthatguyevendoooo

I said it before and I'll say it again, Dan is completely terrible and a great addition to Giant Bomb Dot Com.

I do have to wonder what songs Rock Band might've had had Dan not done his prank.

It was a shot in the arm for sure. Look at Demo Derby. First it was Dan and Drew, and then Jeff joined. I doubt that wouldn't have been a series had Dan not started it. And the crazy thing is Metal Gear Scanlon is a spin-off of sorts to Demo Derby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom