• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity I searched for the Leesa Mattress, which led to watching people cut their memory foam mattresses with turkey carver. Which led to watching people cut mattresses in specific shapes for RVs. Which led to learning about people who camp out in Walmart parking lots. Long story short, Avena foam is a latex alternative?

Can someone just spoil Firewatch for me

Like, PM me if you don't want to post spoilers here

I just want to know. Alex's review wasn't as spoilery as I hoped

Weetrick

Does anyone know how to add the Bombcast Premium feed into Overcast? All the info I've seen is from a while back and I'm wondering if something changed because I can't get it working. Thanks in advance.

My non-spoiler thoughts on Firewatch:

Usually when I play a tight, short game like this, I want to be left feeling like I loved the world and want to play it again to spend more time in it. Take Undertale, for example. There was so much flavor to the world, it just left you feeling connected to it.

Firewatch very much didn't accomplish that for me. I just read a comment saying it was on-rails and I agree with that. After the QLEX I was left with the impression that there was a lot of exploring off the beaten path to do.maybe there is, but they don't give you a reason to find it. The pacing is such that going off the beaten path to maybe just explore doesn't make sense from an immersion standpoint. In order to get a more fully fleshed out world and explore more, you have to break from what your character would be doing.

Edit: game took me three hours going by Steam's clock. and it's not like I rushed through. Took my time, found some extra stuff, read notes, I wasn't speedrunning. I don't think there's much else there.

To sum it up, buy this game for 10 dollars during the Summer Steam sale. It's more suited to the game's atmosphere and it's a more worthy price point.

daydream

Banned
Thank you my friend

tumblr_ndzda4zHOB1qa7udko1_500.gif

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
new premium member, thought this was a good place to ask:

-i love the GBE playdates / choose our own adventure series... where do i go to vote on what game they'll be playing next?

-what is the chat like when they record these things? how do they avoid spoilers from idiots?

thanks!

-i love the GBE playdates / choose our own adventure series... where do i go to vote on what game they'll be playing next?

-what is the chat like when they record these things? how do they avoid spoilers from idiots?

thanks!

Vinny will usually tweet when they're doing a vote, it's usually on the forum and it goes up on the monday a couple days before the playdate IIRC

The chats alright. They usually only have 1 person manning the chat, and they don't always read it. The mods are good in deleting/banning people too

Myggen

thanks!

Vinny will put up a thread on the GB forums the day before, give or take. Follow them on Twitter and/or follow this thread if you want to know when the thread goes up! I never follow chat for any live events of anything, so can't help you there I'm afraid.

yami4ct

With some recent changes, my Puzzle and Dragons Japanese account just had a whole top tier dark squad pop out of a lot of not great monsters sitting in my box.

Say what you will about F2P models, it gets skeezy I get it, but man the kind of post release support a game like PAD gets is the best. There's nothing like an update taking a whole group of monsters sitting unused and making it great. Such a cool feeling.

Watching the bombshell ql

Dan:"What's the currency called, Ky? What is that?"
Brad:"It's uh, a personal lubricant."
Dan:"Ah ok."
*Cue awkward silence for a good 10 seconds*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom