• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything but Kerbal.

0267_80zit.gif

jgminto

I'm glad everyone got to experience Phantasmagoria 2, it's one of my favourite adventure games. It's such an absurd and wonderful thing.

Does the site default to the white background for anyone else every time they visit it now? Began doing that for me yesterday.

The site didn't remember the theme between visits when I wasn't logged in (I don't know if it's supposed to) but as soon as I logged in it defaulted to dark.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
"I got in trouble once because I threw a boxcar trainset thing at my mom's forehead and I cut it open." -just guess who it was

I'm just so weary of this man's repetitive shtick and the people defending him whenever he says something really dumb "because that's what he does". Just tired of it, of him. He hasn't quite ruined Giant Bomb for me but sometimes I feel like that's only because the Beast exists.

He's the Deadpool of Giant Bomb. It's the same joke, over and over, but you've heard it before and it doesn't get funnier.

Phantasmagoria 2 seemed like the least adventure game-y of adventure games that I've seen. Besides getting the key to the door, the rat wallet retrieval, and the toolbox there didn't seem like there was much else to do besides figuring out what random thing triggered the next cutscene. Maybe I'm just looking at this dumb game too critically.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone spoil me that challenging puzzle in The Witness they were talking about on the Bombcast? Or PM me or something? I want to find something more interesting about that game...

some

probably the only one from 2015 that I've seen that I'd include on any list was Ryuzo and the 7 Henchmen. maybe Tag.
Or from some other Asian country! I just find the American domination of the movie business really depressing.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kinda sad to see so many US movies. Like...Japan makes some good stuff, too..

I think the most recent japanese movie I've watched is vampire girl vs frankenstein girl.

I stopped watching japanese movies after that for understandable reasons.

Can someone spoil me that challenging puzzle in The Witness they were talking about on the Bombcast? Or PM me or something? I want to find something more interesting about that game...

Or from some other Asian country! I just find the American domination of the movie business really depressing.

PM sent.

well the 4 or 5 world-class south korean directors can't carry the whole of asia on their backs. japan's movie industry has been 70%+ trash for over a decade now

I think the most recent japanese movie I've watched is vampire girl vs frankenstein girl.

I stopped watching japanese movies after that for understandable reasons.

Stumbling across that on Amazon Prime led me down a really strange path that ended with a film that had aliens dry humping ninjas.

hamchan

I'm trying to think of good recent action films from HK i've seen and all I can come up with is Ip Man. That movie was from 2008.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, isn't the lack of good output a chicken-egg thing? It's hard to compete, so it becomes even harder to compete. I feel like European productions are on steady decline as well.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think I've pretty much stopped watching movies entirely though, or have stopped bothering to watch them unless someone I know wants to go see it.

BearPawB

Banned
250px-The_Journeyman_Project_Cover.png

I know i am always the unabashed pusher of this, but i would loveeeeeeeeeee for a GBE playdate of some Journeyman games.

The resolution of the actual game screen may make it a little rough. But a nice mix of FMV fun, and lots of ways to die.

250px-The_Journeyman_Project_Cover.png

I know i am always the unabashed pusher of this, but i would loveeeeeeeeeee for a GBE playdate of some Journeyman games.

The resolution of the actual game screen may make it a little rough. But a nice mix of FMV fun, and lots of ways to die.

Ohhh yes. I think the third game would be the best fit for a playdate in terms of FMV "quality" and accessibility (the first game is pretty barebones and the second can be pretty inscrutable at times). There wouldn't be much to catch up on plot-wise aside from a) aliens and b) time travel.

Bacon

I think I've pretty much stopped watching movies entirely though, or have stopped bothering to watch them unless someone I know wants to go see it.

It's funny, I'll always think about how I don't have the time or patience to sit through a 2 hour movie anymore but then I'll watch five 2 hour plus giantbomb videos a week.

BearPawB

Banned
It's funny, I'll always think about how I don't have the time or patience to sit through a 2 hour movie anymore but then I'll watch five 2 hour plus giantbomb videos a week.

Yeah my wife will want to watch a movie, and i kind of groan because i don't want to spend 2 hours on the couch just watching a movie...

then i look at everything else i do in my life

BearPawB

Banned
Ohhh yes. I think the third game would be the best fit for a playdate in terms of FMV "quality" and accessibility (the first game is pretty barebones and the second can be pretty inscrutable at times). There wouldn't be much to catch up on plot-wise aside from a) aliens and b) time travel.

ooh man, 3 is probably the one I played the least. But it does have some FMV ass FMV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaD5xmqrqpI

I mean, isn't the lack of good output a chicken-egg thing? It's hard to compete, so it becomes even harder to compete. I feel like European productions are on steady decline as well.

I can't speak for all markets, but a big part of it in japan is just drastically lower budgets than american movies. you'll never get a japanese Avengers or something like that. experienced directors that know how to work within limitations (Kitano, Miike, Sono) can make some great movies with any budget.

but then there's cornball bullshit like the AoT movies that don't know their own scopes and are just embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom