• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renpatsu

TAG wore itself out slight over its opening act in spite of it being a fairly short movie. I think I prefer Love & Peace because it's an unabashed Christmas movie you wouldn't expect out of Sono.

Xater

Austin: Everything about this game feels like a PS1 game.

Well it is a spiritual successor to Rollcage...

And now we know what East needs to play next.

"Windows 10 version", whatever that means. It would be a huge bummer if it's exclusive to the Windows store.

That's totally what that means.

TAG wore itself out slight over its opening act in spite of it being a fairly short movie. I think I prefer Love & Peace because it's an unabashed Christmas movie you wouldn't expect out of Sono.

love Sono. dude is crazy talented and surprisingly good at tackling diverse styles and themes

Getting xbone version, if there is steam release I'll just sell they key for windows store ver and get steam.

i dont think that'll work. Your XB1 and Windows Store accounts will likely have to be linked, meaning that they'll gift you the PC version directly to your Win10 PC account

i'd love to be wrong, though, so i can get a cheapo Win10 cd key.

will receive the Windows 10 version of the game downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code.*

well shit, gonna be some cheap codes going around then! and that's not counting another region having the game for under $10 like what happened with ROTTR

TT, could you post the link where you got that from?

With Dragons Dogma, X-Com and Donganrompa and all these other PC releases I'm wanting I'm going to have to start working on just making my PC a living room couch gaming experience. Right now it's just up in my office and it might as well not exist. Only bad thing is I'll have to use Wifi for it if I move it.

With Dragons Dogma, X-Com and Donganrompa and all these other PC releases I'm wanting I'm going to have to start working on just making my PC a living room couch gaming experience. Right now it's just up in my office and it might as well not exist. Only bad thing is I'll have to use Wifi for it if I move it.

If you have a decent router that really shouldn't matter, unless your office and living room are across your house from each other.

skynidas

Banned
so even the Unfinished for Grip is from Gb East, the situation in San Fran is embarrassing, just because Jeff is out they don't make shit? smh

If you have a decent router that really shouldn't matter, unless your office and living room are across your house from each other.

Neh, it's right above it in a loft. Just don't want an ethernet cable hanging across the living room. If it becomes too much of an issue I had been looking to upgrade the router anyways.

so even the Unfinished for Grip is from Gb East, the situation in San Fran is embarrassing, just because Jeff is out they don't make shit? smh

That's because with it being just Brad and Dan they've come to realize how they are basically the same person and they went out and got matching Peeg/Wrestling tattoos and now they can't play video games until their arms heal up.

2686582-ok.gif

I'm gonna start writing GB fanfic to pass the time

we dont know if those recommended specs are for playing the game at 1080p or 4K. If it's for 1080p then sheesh, but if its for something like 4k then it makes a bit more sense that they recommended a freaking 980ti

I'm sitting here with a not even month old 980 wondering if i just got caught up in a weird specs inflation race

yeah, and here I was, under the impression that DX12 was supposed to better optimized

That doesn't really have any relevance to Quantum Break's system requirements (except that they would likely be higher if it wasn't DX12).

I could see the recommended specs being something that can just about max out the settings at 1080p.

tuxfool

Banned
yeah, and here I was, under the impression that DX12 was supposed to better optimized

Sigh. I thought we were past the stage where DX12 was a magic bullet.

It helps primarily in optimizing draw calls, therefore lowered CPU requirements. Additionally it allows developers to do neat things with the graphics pipeline that a thick api like dx11 doesn't.

well, Rise of the Tomb Raider ended up adding a ton of features and actually earning its recommended specs, so much so that some folks are holding off until the DX12 patch hits hoping that it brings with it further optimizations.

I didn't know there was DX12 coming! Now I'm glad I didn't pick it up right away. What a great couple of months for games it has been.

Fjolle

Huh? They did a bombcast and a quicklook for yarny.

Dan is writing the worlds longest review and doing a QL for xcom.

Finished Minvera's Den. Plays their hand on the twist just a tiny bit too early but I see what you guys mean. Porter's VA has amazing delivery and I really felt it strong at the end there.

steadfast

What is Minerva's Den?

DLC standalone story for Bioshock 2 led by Steve Gaynor who then went on to create Gone Home. Also the piece of content that Brad fought tooth and nail for, willing to sacrifice friendships over, to make sure it got DLC of the year over ME2's Lair of the Shadowbroker.

I still think Shadowbroker was better, but probably because I was an ME2 fan (and Bioshock, but 2 less so) and also I'm several years removed from when this DLC came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom