• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I suspect the staff bugbears with XCOM 2 will revolve around the timers. Jeff "path of least resistance" Gerstmann and Brad "Brad Shoemaker" Shoemaker will make it so.

Drew would disagree, but unfortunately he never played the game.

I'm getting flashbacks...

"I read the wikipedia article and know you won't like it."
-MONSTERDUNK'd

It's probably best they don't play Fire Emblem, then. If Timers in XCOM bothered them, the defense missions in Conquest would make them hate that game.

Get a Platinum Sukamon (the one that looks like poop) as it doubles the EXP you get. Eventually level it up to a Numemon as that allows you to equip more Tactician USBs, which also double EXP.

For DNA Digivolving, make sure you have your ABI up on both before you actually do it. If you need more ABI for some reason after that, you might have to go back down and de-digivolving a DNA Digimon makes you lose one of the components.

I got my first DNA Digimon the other day. A Palidramon that I digivolved into an Imperialdramon. I actually forgot Palidramon was a thing. He's kind of lame. Imperialdramon is cool as shit, but Wargreymon does way more damage on my team. It's too bad a lot of cool shit is locked behind super late game quests. I find Omnimon to be overrated, but I'd love a Magnamon, Jesmon, Alphamon, or Gallantmon.

Trying to get a Beelzebumon Blast Mode now to take advantage of that Pre-Order DLC. He seems pretty awesome.

Oh wow, I didn't know about that EXP trick.

I'm not big on Omnimon either, but I remember really like Magnamon and Magnaangemon from the show. This game has been doing a crazy good job of reminding just how big I was on Digimon a decade ago lol.

I'm not deep in, but the story isn't that bad so far. At the least I'm finding it to be enjoyable.

I think his designs are definitely hit or miss. I think Haru, Joe and DeSu2 MC are fantastic designs, but there's also a bunch of misses.

I don't think so. I'm still figuring out the mechanics of the game, like I just learned what ABI actually was last night lol. Right now I'm just trying to get my favorite digimon from S1/2 and the bit of Tamers that I saw.

I admit to marking out really hard when I saw that the game has DNA Digivolving.

No, something's changed with that art in the last 7 years. It's...gaudy now.

Plus I still don't know why they didn't go with like, Doi in DeSu. /shrug

So I just finished Personal 4 Golden. (It's one of the best games of all time, definitely.)

Will this Digimon game fill the void left in my heart?

Chuck

Still without luck
anyone else have one of these bad boys growing up?

51c40IuuAjL.jpg

I'm sure it's where the idea for Grip started

yami4ct

So I want to start collecting all pokemon games. Stop me gb gaf.

Trying to find non-counterfeit carts for any of the Gameboy/GBA ones is a nightmare. They also super expensive. I expect prices to go up as the Virtual Console ones hit and a nostalgia run starts.

There's also some weird side games that can be tricky to get.

I actually have a decently sized collection of the mainline games. Only ones I'm missing are the GBA Remakes (which are stupid expensive and I wish I had) Black 1 and 2, HeartGold, Pearl, X, and Omega Ruby.

I kind of want to go and complete it, but I haven't for the reasons I stated above.

So I just finished Personal 4 Golden. (It's one of the best games of all time, definitely.)

It's a better monster collecting RPG than Persona, but it's very much worse in every other aspect. If you go in knowing that, there's fun to be had. It's a solid 7.5-8/10 game for me right now purely on the gameplay and I'm a little over half done.

No, something's changed with that art in the last 7 years. It's...gaudy now.

Plus I still don't know why they didn't go with like, Doi in DeSu. /shrug

Agreed, Doi's been really proving himself the last few years between his new P2/SH art and the character designer for SMT4. Glad to see he's been getting new work, but they really gotta let Kaneko out of the Atlus basement already.

Depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for characters/story, no. If you're looking to fill the monster collecting hole, then yes.

Though you should really play SMT: Nocturne if you really wanna collect demons.

Lunar FC

Trying to find non-counterfeit carts for any of the Gameboy/GBA ones is a nightmare. They also super expensive. I expect prices to go up as the Virtual Console ones hit and a nostalgia run starts.

There's also some weird side games that can be tricky to get.

I actually have a decently sized collection of the mainline games. Only ones I'm missing are the GBA Remakes (which are stupid expensive and I wish I had) Black 1 and 2, HeartGold, Pearl, X, and Omega Ruby.

I kind of want to go and complete it, but I haven't for the reasons I stated above.

Bleh, maybe I'll just get me a good condition gameboy and japanese cart of Red and call it a day.

Unfortunately, Nocturne isn't available on PSTV. That's the only Sony platform I have. I'd totally go for it otherwise.
It's a better monster collecting RPG than Persona, but it's very much worse in every other aspect. If you go in knowing that, there's fun to be had. It's a solid 7.5-8/10 game for me right now purely on the gameplay and I'm a little over half done.

That's a bummer. The balance between the two is what makes Persona 4 so good.

But I'm always up for more collecting.

Thanks, y'all.
Trails of Cold Steel, homie.
The first two are still backlogged and unbought.

:/

Unfortunately, Nocturne isn't available on PSTV. That's the only Sony platform I have. I'd totally go for it otherwise.

Damn :(

The first two are still backlogged and unbought.

:/

You don't need to play the first two trails games to play Cold Steel. Same world, but separate story and mostly separate characters.

If you're craving a really good story and characters, all of the trails games are definitely the way to go.

yami4ct

Damn :(

You don't need to play the first two trails games to play Cold Steel. Same world, but separate story and mostly separate characters.

If you're craving a really good story and characters, all of the trails games are definitely the way to go.

I second this. Trails games are the best story I've seen in an RPG post Persona 4. So damn good.

Both Trails in the Sky FC and Cold Steel are a bit slow, so go in knowing that. They absolutely earn that pacing, though. FC takes until the second Sky game to fully pay off, but I think Cold Steel pretty much pays itself off by the end of the first game.

Alright, I've moved the Trails games to the top of my Steam wishlist. That'll send a clear message to get Trails 3 over there by the time I'm finished with them.
watching XCOM 2 QL. what the heck, Dan barely built any radios. he only made contact. huh

I question the intel needed for such a strategy.

Anime Vice is the secret best Whiskey Media property.

NinjaEdit: Nevermind. Their Youtube channel is not inspiring my confidence like the site did.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
watching XCOM 2 QL. what the heck, Dan barely built any radios. he only made contact. huh

Professional videogane journalist is bad at game he reviews, news at 11.

Its why I continue to not understand why people care so much for reviews

LiK

isn't Comic Vine made up of like two people? they have a handful of good video series like teaching you who a character is but it's not an ongoing series. Tony keeps making content for shit i don't care about. i barely visit that site.

Professional videogane journalist is bad at game he reviews, news at 11.

Its why I continue to not understand why people care so much for reviews

well, i'm not saying he's bad at the game or anything. i'm impressed he didn't max out the Avatar bar like i did. but i don't understand why he didn't just build the radios to complete the networks for more perks. kinda odd to me.

Waiting for Giant Bomb to be absorbed into GameSpot. Any day now.

Even if that were to happen, I think (well, more like naively hope) not much would change. In fact, aren't their desks practically all in the same area now, unlike how things were when they were on the third floor?

Jintor

Damnit. Thursday was a public holiday in Japan so I've been sitting at work automatically thinking it was Monday and looking forward to Project Beast.

Ah well, a weekend will make up for that.

There’ll be more resources available for content via partnering with GameSpot, including more video content (like 13 Things You Should Know About Deadpool). We’ll be covering a broader range of entertainment news between the two sites.

so you mean comic vine will become gamespot's outlet for "nerd culture"

great stuff

The Phantasmagoria 2 conclusion was great. Just wish Austin had been there for it.

You know what you have to do next, Vinny... Finish BladeRunner, once and for all. I can bust out the image recaps I made for you so we can recreate your save file. DO IT

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well, i'm not saying he's bad at the game or anything. i'm impressed he didn't max out the Avatar bar like i did. but i don't understand why he didn't just build the radios to complete the networks for more perks. kinda odd to me.

He dropped the game to easy when veteran was too hard. Im not even the "playing games on hard is the only way to play" type, but come on now :p

Also like someone pointed out earlier, his cover choices in the QL were...interesting

Anjin M

so you mean comic vine will become gamespot's outlet for "nerd culture"

great stuff

Sadly, this is probably a smart move for them, assuming GameSpot then goes on to staff up their new entertainment arm. This is a perfectly cynical move that will likely pay off in the long run.

edit://
Conversely, I can't image why they would merge Giant Bomb. If the site tanks, they can rescue a few people from losing their jobs. If Giant Bomb succeeds, merging will only destroy anything good about it.

popo

I think that (hopefully) Giant Bomb makes a heck of a lot more money than comic vine.

I doubt it. CV is one of the biggest comic sites on the net for traffic and has next to no overhead. This reads more that Gamespot is already posting about Marvel movies and Star Wars trailers so they might as well merge editorial.

kvothe

I doubt it. CV is one of the biggest comic sites on the net for traffic and has next to no overhead. This reads more that Gamespot is already posting about Marvel movies and Star Wars trailers so they might as well merge editorial.

Does it have a premium subscription model, though? I really wonder how much money subs make GB each year. If they only have 10,000 subscribers, that's half a million a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom