• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubobutts

But what would they do with them? If you kill them, Vinny don't care. He murdered more than can be rescued I think? He'd just call it a sacrifice to the country or cause.

Indoctrinate them and steal Vinny's space secrets. Then start a space race to the other planets.

Some of those Kerbals have been in space for a long time. They probably have mutant cosmic radiation powers,

Zaph

It's a pretty big thing, regardless of whether you like anime/VN or not.

Gal*Gun Double Peace when?!

Yup. I have no interest in anything that's going on there, but I really appreciate that we now have a viable, mainstream marketplace that isn't beholden to the 'M' rating.

I'm going to be "stuck" with my phone all day today. Can someone tell me if the GB website lists when the American truck simulator QL is going up? Please say Monday.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This Unravel QL is such a bummer. Maybe those two were just not in the mood? Drew was especially critical in it and Brad didn't seem to enjoy himself at all.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
This Unravel QL is such a bummer. Maybe those two were just not in the mood? Drew was especially critical in it and Brad didn't seem to enjoy himself at all.

As someone who loves puzzle games and as someone who absolutely loves platformer games the single fastest way to get me to tune out of a game pitch these days is "so its a puzzle platformer..."

That combination so very rarely lives up to either of the genres it pulls from. Unfortunately Unravel didn't look particularly different

hamchan

Despite already preordering SF5 on Steam I'm already pretty worried about how barebones it seems at launch. That character list when Dan and Jason were playing looked super tiny.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Despite already preordering SF5 on Steam I'm already pretty worried about how barebones it seems at launch. That character list when Dan and Jason were playing looked super tiny.
Well, they always said it's going to be 16 characters and 6 coming as DLC over the year. The real disappointing stuff is:
- no lobbies for more than 1v1 at launch (march update)
- no easy way to just play the CPU (no arcade mode)
- no trials (march update)
- no costumes apparently, since the store is missing (march update)
- cinematic single player missing (june update)

Like, I get that Capcom and the community loves the Pro Tour and that it starts in like two weeks, but that will net them terrible reviews. Those character stories the game launches with take like 90 minutes overall.

Well, they always said it's going to be 16 characters and 6 coming as DLC over the year. The real disappointing stuff is:

Like, I get that Capcom and the community loves the Pro Tour and that it starts in like two weeks, but that will net them terrible reviews. Those character stories the game launches with take like 90 minutes overall.

Yeah there's not a whole lot in here right now, I'm really enjoying the actual gameplay but there's no denying that everything around it is really thin right now.

hamchan

This is all pretty worrying. I think it'll suffer in review scores too.

If Dan reviews this I can see him docking it heavily for bad value.

conweller

Neo Member
GameSpot side question! Did I miss some drama or something with Danny's long Tumblr post about not being able to talk about his employer?

Tan

The real problem Jason has is that he is not aggressive enough. Dan was just mashing, exposing him all the time. Jason was not exploiting that.

no, if dan's just mashing random stuff like sweep and dragon punch, Jason should just worry about blocking and positioning and just punish everything dan does, even if the punish is just a throw.

Xater

no, if dan's just mashing random stuff like sweep and dragon punch, Jason should just worry about blocking and positioning and just punish everything dan does, even if the punish is just a throw.

But he wasn't doing that, hence not being aggressive enough.

The character number isn't really the problem. A fighting game launching with 16 is the average these days and they're releasing one new character every month that can be purchased with in game currency.

The problem is the number of modes surrounding the game. It'll be very barebones until March and that can definitely hurt the reviews for the reviewers who really don't care about the competitive aspect of fighting games (and potentially even those who do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom