• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

Anyone else had any issues with watching videos on the site in HTML5? Mine seems to pause a lot to catch up. No problems with anything else (besides streaming making my Macbook chug and the fans kick in so I don't use it). I use Google Chrome.

Tan

Anyone else had any issues with watching videos on the site in HTML5? Mine seems to pause a lot to catch up. No problems with anything else (besides streaming making my Macbook chug and the fans kick in so I don't use it). I use Google Chrome.

Yeah I recently switched to the streaming setting because of this.

BearPawB

Banned
So many bitter people on the site comments of the UnProf Fridays video this week, i love it.

Like people don't understand this has literally always been their dynamic.

Brad x Hitman. Boy. I hope Dan's influence continues to rub off on him. He seemed paralyzed by the options available to him.

I just liked how he went from not that into it into having a blast as Dan coerced him into not playing it like he does every game

in fact, I can't think of another time where another member of the staff has been able to make him change the way he's playing a game. Vinny had to lie to him to get him to try things in Demon's Souls

Tubobutts

I just liked how he went from not that into it into having a blast as Dan coerced him into not playing it like he does every game

in fact, I can't think of another time where another member of the staff has been able to make him change the way he's playing a game. Vinny had to lie to him to get him to try things in Demon's Souls
Vinny lying to Brad and Brad refusing to admit that he was a magic-man were the best parts of that.

Sounds like I need to watch the Hitman QL.
Oh hai early copy of Street Fighter V!

I think I'll be better than Jason within the hour, accounting for installation time.

Feels like a bunch of people have got early copies, maybe I'm just seeing more people posting about having early copies than I do with other games.

So many bitter people on the site comments of the UnProf Fridays video this week, i love it.

Like people don't understand this has literally always been their dynamic.

I decided to take a look after seeing this and I think the comments might be as entertaining as the actual UPF.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
There are so many SFV streams on Twitch from all over the world. I guess a lot of independent stores started selling it.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Rorie is a decent writer, is good on podcasts and video. I am sure he is grateful for his Customer Support job but do you thing he is ever jealous of others doing the job he used to do? Like when he talked about writing really long blog posts for his own enjoyment and not posting them. What might have been if the GameSpy gig lasted more than a month.

I feel like if Rorie had something he wanted to post on the website its unlikely Jeff would say "no! stay in your lane"

SomberOwl

Anyone here try out the Homefront Beta? I've been seeing some negative things online.

It would be super dope to have a Far Cry-like game set in an urban environment. I've heard it described like that. Although I don't give a shit about co-op or multiplayer so if it's more orientated around those modes that's a bummer.

It's times like these I wish I edited video clips to bad rock music in my teens. I'd at least have some idea what I am doing now.

High school news video production. Painted a wall green and used clip on mics, even made our own little custom teleprompters out of laptops that the IT department was scrapping.

Actually it was one of the more useful things I learned during high school.

Also a minor fun fact, I've only managed to download about 400mb of data for XCOM 2 since I made that post this morning about my internet going back into the slow lane. Peak Steam download speed is reported as 15.1 kb/s. If it were to remain at this speed, Steam estimates it will finish its download in a week, and considering I started at 69%, wowzers. (not that it will actually take me a week since I get the faster internet at midnight, but still worth noting).

Xater

I forgot I actually own Euro Truck Simulator 2 which is now also working on the Mac. So now I just started playing that instead of American Truck Simulator. The differences don't seem that great and ATS kinda seems smaller.

I forgot I actually own Euro Truck Simulator 2 which is now also working on the Mac. So now I just started playing that instead of American Truck Simulator. The differences don't seem that great and ATS kinda seems smaller.

But one is set in America and the other is set in yucky old Europe.

popo

I feel like if Rorie had something he wanted to post on the website its unlikely Jeff would say "no! stay in your lane"

I am sure he has plenty of outlets for his work, but nobody is paying him for it. Nobody gets a start in games writing with the ambitions of one day doing CS for other game writers. It is kind of like going from being a promising varsity football player to driving the team bus for a living. That said, when all the game websites finally shutter, he has much more chance of finding work elsewhere with his new career path :D

But one is set in America and the other is set in yucky old Europe.

US truckers are way more rapey, and that is saying something.

DamnBoxes

Sure. That's not what the tapes say.

whitney_receipts.gif

Jeff's japanese phonetic pronounciation isn't bad on that song btw.

dude his pronunciation of all things japanese are surprisingly half-decent yet Brad's are largely lousy, it's hilarious. I don't know if he's just been exposed to enough of it to absorb it unconsciously or what. he said he was just literally reading a phonetic lyrics sheet for this song but even then

LiK

i beat Firewatch and i agree with Alex. it was okay. but man, the VA for Delilah was amazing. loved her so much.

it's great, and there's a character where you don't have to follow the beat which is pretty good. it actually made the game more enjoyable to me

WAT? unlocked from the start?

Finished The Witness!

The final area is amazing. I'm gonna need a little bit to digest the story implications of some of the stuff in there, although I still don't see any sort of "narrative," per se. Which is fine by me if that never appears.

Time to move on to the postgame, which... well, I guess I have a vague sense of what I need to do.

See I get the appeal of a dark shower, what with hating dark mornings and the light sensitivity harsh indoor lighting brings. But the fear of falling over naked in the dark and breaking my neck counters that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom