• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.
The evolution of Brad

2349912-aXwiT.jpg
V2JuiX1.png

I was actually going to ask them about this: does Vinny have to report to someone at CBS in NY for stuff like that?

they explained it one time and I was kind of confused by it, but apparently production and editorial (who Vinny and Jeff are heads of for GB) have different reporting structures?

popo

I think you are confusing your FGC members.

Hahaha, didn't even know there was another Mike Ross.

Watch the man in his natural habitat.

That makes more sense. The only Mike Ross I knew was a character from an awful TV drama I used to watch called Suits. It is about some dude pretending to be a lawyer.

So Jeff allowed Vinny to buy a racing wheel for GB? LOL

the era of New-Jeff has started :p

Do we know that Vinny didn't just bring his own in?

Jeff isn't Vinny's boss.

I was actually going to ask them about this: does Vinny have to report to someone at CBS in NY for stuff like that?

It kinda changed after the acquisition. When asked a similar question Jeff has stated that he is head of Editorial and Vinny is head of Production. I am pretty sure if you looked at the org chart (a company like CBS has to have one) that Jeff and Vinny would both report to different line managers.

In practise I suspect both studios have separate budgets. When it comes to overall site decisions I am sure everyone defers to Jeff - him being the founder and face of the site.

He the head, let's put it that way
We form like Voltron, and Jeff happen to be the head
You know what I'm sayin?

steadfast

Dan is the best. I approached him on twitter about trading two amiibos that he needed for two signed books. I asked him to sign however he liked and maybe draw the amiibos he was getting in the books and this is what I received:
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2xMPDp1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fqxlo5F.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cFzMHxa.jpg[/IMG]

I couldn't be more happy.

Dan is the best. I approached him on twitter about trading two amiibos that he needed for two signed books. I asked him to sign however he liked and maybe draw the amiibos he was getting in the books and this is what I received:
Code:

Shit man those are one of a kind now. When Dan becomes ultra famous you'll be holding onto millions.

I am slowly understanding the core basics of Premiere Pro. I am basically cutting two videos together and messing with layering separate audio tracks. I may have something soon.

My Project is called "In The Shadow of The Mun"

That episode was really funny. It was nice to hear Rorie more talkative and engaged in the topics.

Also surprising that an episode without Vinny or Jeff could be really funny.

That part was especially great because you can tell his mouth went faster than his head, but then he recovered it into a really special little moment.

Myggen

Code:

That's great.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Do we know that Vinny didn't just bring his own in?

Yea he said he asked his boss if they could buy one and then talked about them all checking out the knob feel when it came in.

I missed upf, I'm guessing Jason got bodied by Dan as usual in fighting games?

Not really, he just got bodied by Dan at heeling. :p

In other words, New Dan is gone and Old Dan is back in full force (this is where we gasp in amazement).

edit: Amazon, when you search for Air Force Gator, shows Amiibos in the also browsed menu, because of course they are.

_jnup

Just watched Dan vs Jason SFV match. Pretty Dan didn't even block once in it. Pretty sure Jason was trying to do fancy stuff instead of just sweeping when Dan does a random DP. As for Dan, when in doubt just mash it out.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
That part was especially great because you can tell his mouth went faster than his head, but then he recovered it into a really special little moment.

Speaks-before-he-thinks Rorie is the best Rorie. He's been great this week, the podcast was really good. Matt Rorie's Dark Shower Hour is forever ingrained into my mind.

Frenden

Banned
every time I get individual grey hairs on my head or beard I wonder if I'll actually get cool grey streaks or something but the answer is always no

I have Doctor Strange grey streaks on the side of my head, but have a baldspot, monk style, so I shave the whole thing. I wish I had a full head of hair--side grey is like the coolest thing ever.

My beard seems to be developing a streak in the middle of each side. That could be rad. (My avatar is a self portrait, so you get the idea there.)

When is Steel Battalion.

Also for Metal Gear Scanlon, they'll probably use a unlocked save and only play the important missions? Just a thought.

I have Doctor Strange grey streaks on the side of my head, but have a baldspot, monk style, so I shave the whole thing. I wish I had a full head of hair--side grey is like the coolest thing ever.

My beard seems to be developing a streak in the middle of each side. That could be rad. (My avatar is a self portrait, so you get the idea there.)

are you a wizcyborg

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Has anybody here finished Firewatch and cares to spoil it a little bit for me? I'm like 1,5 hours in and....I guess I'm just not feeling it so far. Everybody is a bit too.....whitty (I guess) for me.
They feel just a bit too....quirky and clever for me to enjoy tbh.

So here is my question, it's not a spoiler but I feel like I should put it in one anyway:
Is there something "mysterious" going on (cause the trailers hinted at that) or is it just somewhat mysterious stuff that turns out to be completely non-mysterious and the game is really about the relationship between Hank and that woman?

I dunno, so far the game just hasn't grabbed me.

Oh fuck

So relating to GB's most hated thing from last year(Card based systems in non-card games), I'm playing this uh....this game we'll call 'Orion' (Can't really talk about it) made by a big studio that has a card/deck system in it(Despite not being a card game).

Boy. Can't wait to here GB's thoughts on it when it's more available.

Lunar FC

Has anybody here finished Firewatch and cares to spoil it a little bit for me? I'm like 1,5 hours in and....I guess I'm just not feeling it so far. Everybody is a bit too.....whitty (I guess) for me.

So here is my question, it's not a spoiler but I feel like I should put it in one anyway:
Is there something "mysterious" going on (cause the trailers hinted at that) or is it just somewhat mysterious stuff that turns out to be completely non-mysterious and the game is really about the relationship between Hank and that woman?

There is a spoiler thread but the answer is
the latter.
<<<<SPOILERZZZ

There is a mystery, it comes into play about halfway through.

Fantastapotamus

Brad pretty much summed up how I feel about Unravel (I played the EA Origin Early Access Demo Trial version) in the QL. It looks great. It plays.....alright at best. And that's kinda it.

There is a spoiler thread but the answer is
the latter.
<<<<SPOILERZZZ

Okay, after visiting the spoiler thread I decided to refund it on Steam. It's just not what I wanted out of this game I guess, which is not to say it's a bad game. It's gorgeus. But since I really don't care about the writting that much I don't think the game will give me what I want.
'

Lunar FC

Okay, after visiting the spoiler thread I decided to refund it on Steam. It's just not what I wanted out of this game I guess, which is not to say it's a bad game. It's gorgeus. But since I really don't care about the writting that much I don't think the game will give me what I want.
'

Understandable. Good on yah for refunding it before completion.

Xater

Oh fuck

So relating to GB's most hated thing from last year(Card based systems in non-card games), I'm playing this uh....this game we'll call 'Orion' (Can't really talk about it) made by a big studio that has a card/deck system in it(Despite not being a card game).

Boy. Can't wait to here GB's thoughts on it when it's more available.

It's Paragon isn't it?

Fantastapotamus

Understandable. Good on yah for refunding it before completion.

I'm still gonna buy this game again at some point during a sale, it looks so good that I just want to play it for that. But right now I don't have the time to play a game I don't really care about and 20&#8364; is too much for me to spend on "nothing".

Oh my god Rorie on this bombcast is too amazing. Even without Jeff this was a great podcast.

Rorie should be on the bombcast more often. He just doesn't give a fuck and talks so much weird stuff. He brings some energy the bombcast needs, since Drew and Dan are usually very quiet. Also, Rorie has just the weirdest stories to tell.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The part about his tumblr was pretty funny. I can only imagine the anonymous questions you get if you have a tumblr like him.

popo

Rorie is a decent writer, is good on podcasts and video. I am sure he is grateful for his Customer Support job but do you thing he is ever jealous of others doing the job he used to do? Like when he talked about writing really long blog posts for his own enjoyment and not posting them. What might have been if the GameSpy gig lasted more than a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom