• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quenk

I've done a few dark showers when the power went out and I couldn't find a flashlight or something. It's not that bad.

LiK

Vinny is playing Firewatch. If he's really my twin, i'm gonna expect he won't be as impressed as the rest of the Beast crew either.

Lunar FC

Vinny is playing Firewatch. If he's really my twin, i'm gonna expect he won't be as impressed as the rest of the Beast crew either.

Who else has expressed opinions on it?

edit: oops thought you said bomb crew. Haven't listened to the last beastcast yet.

Enemies move when you do so there's still that enemy pattern part of the game. That character does start with one less heart so it's harder in that regard.

with my wrist issues I couldn't really play it normally for more than like 5 minutes. the bard made the game into something I could do.

and yeah I wouldn't really say it makes it much easier.

So ok, I have a legitimate question that I'm looking for some sorta serious answers to. That thread on amiibo currently on gaf has a lot of people complaining that it's overpriced DLC to lock optional content to an Amiibo. So like one, it's absolutely optional purchase, which isn't any different from any other DLC ever. Two, why do people seem to forget you can use Amiibos multiple times in multiple games? Doesn't that end up making them a net positive investment, if Nintendo continues to put out optional content like this down the line?

Are Amiibos really so bad, and why do people seem to hate them so much?

LiK

So ok, I have a legitimate question that I'm looking for some sorta serious answers to. That thread on amiibo currently on gaf has a lot of people complaining that it's overpriced DLC to lock optional content to an Amiibo. So like one, it's absolutely optional purchase, which isn't any different from any other DLC ever. Two, why do people seem to forget you can use Amiibos multiple times in multiple games? Doesn't that end up making them a net positive investment, if Nintendo continues to put out optional content like this down the line?

people just like to hate on toys in general. that's alright. i like them. Dan likes them. you like them.

Jintor

i wonder how feasible it would've been to put dlc that's also already available online behind amiibos. Like all those amiibos for smash DLC characters, include their character dlc with them. Buy a bayo amiibo, get Bayo for Smash if you're willing to wait that long.

yami4ct

Any time you lock content behind a separate purchase for any reason, a certain group of people will always be pissed. There's also the standard anti-nintendo folks who take it as an opportunity to continue the console wars and people who just hate physical things in general.

So far, amiibo content has been pretty worthless to me. Even the Zelda Twilight Princess stuff that people are all up in arms over seems pretty minor and worthless overall. I do own a few amiibo (the splatoon 3 pack, Marth and Shulk), but the Splatoon ones are the only set I bought for content reasons. I judged it like I would judge any other DLC. I looked at the silly repeat challenge maps they unlocked, the extra outfits and extra mini games and determined all that was worth an extra $30 to me. The figures were a bonus. It was silly, but I wanted to give more money to show Nintendo just how much I liked Splatoon.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Amiibos are the fucking worst, and this has nothing to do with Dan. DLC was already the worst, limited supply inflated cost DLC that takes up physical space managed to lap the entire field in the race to be the worst.

pizzacat

Banned

Did you see that knack thread lol, people are kinda hateful to anything

FluxWaveZ

Amiibos are overpriced DLC. I will never own one, but it is shitty that I have to buy a physical, relatively expensive toy if there is content in a game I want to get.

I guess for me the figures are generally nice enough quality that I desire them for that reason alone in a few cases, Mewtwo, Meta Knight, and the Splatoon set especially. Maybe it is just the physical figure problem for people... Although if you really hated it, you could buy that amiibo falsifier sold by Codejunkies.

Amiibos are the fucking worst, and this has nothing to do with Dan. DLC was already the worst, limited supply inflated cost DLC that takes up physical space managed to lap the entire field in the race to be the worst.

See that second part was definitely a really bad problem, but Nintendo stepped up their production game lately with rereleases and general availability is pretty good now for even the rarer American amiibos. I just got Lucario the other day, and I haven't seen him in stores ever.

yami4ct

Yeah, I don't give a shit about the dlc stuff at all, but I buy them for the figures.

Yeah, besides the Splatoon stuff, I bought my other 2 amiibo because I wanted figures of those characters. I would buy more FE amiibo, but sadly they are the stupid rare ones. Amiibo just aren't my favorite style of figure anyway. I would gladly pay $40-60 for a nice Figuart/Figma style figure of Shulk or some characters from FE, but the characters I'd want don't seem to get that treatment.

Figma Lucina was really really tempting, but she went up for preorder at a bad time for me.

Amiibos are the fucking worst, and this has nothing to do with Dan.

As a collector of dumb plastic things, I'm really not into statues. Amiibo seem kind of expensive to me for what they are.

speaking of rhythm games and collecting plastic things, I'd probably buy an XBO if they made Beatles Rock Band backwards compatible

talk about your RDRs and your Burnout Paradises, this is maybe my vote for game of the generation

I imagine Twilight Princess HD with traditional DLC for the same cheats would rile people up just the same.

Ignore the jumbo Mario power-up and Super Mario Maker gets it right by keeping it all cosmetic. I'd argue a hypothetical TPHD where Ganondorf amiibo unlocks, say, a fierce deity themed outfit, is better for both sides. Nobody seems to get too upset by cosmetic DLC these days. Horse armor, truly before its time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If Jeff isnt back this week who will cover Street Fighter V with Jason?

If Jeff isnt back this week who will cover Street Fighter V with Jason?

Jeff is never coming back

He's becoming a youtuber

Brad is in control now. Brad is the best fighting game player. Brad will lead the Old Games show and the Ranking of Fighters, at the same time. Brad is also Drew and will finish Chapter 2. He will edit everything, and lead podcasts featuring Brad, Shoe, and Maker.

After talking to a friend about lack of content, I suddenly want an Austin/Vinny video segment where they build professional grade Gunpla and shoot the shit about either anime or just general life stuff.

I just booted up MGSV after not playing it for a couple months and I have no idea whats going on. Somehow I have like 8 million GMP and all of my base facilities are full.

Nerokis

gunpla is the worst short hand I've ever heard

Really? It sounds cute in a quirky way, which is appropriate considering what it is. I hadn't even heard the word until trendsetter Austin made it a thing around here, and lately I've been tempted to give it a shot.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Gundam plastic model. The last part is more or less dropped because you assume it's a model.

You assume it's a model? What about when Gundam runs out of ridiculous titles and has a series called "Gundam: Plastic"? And more importantly, who would rather say "gunpla" than "GUNPLAMO!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom