• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

Oof. In my last bout of XCOM, after trying to savescum over and over, it eventually came down to me having to choose who shall live between rookie Becky Lynch or Lieutenant Grenadier Daniel 'Tiny' Ryckert.

R.I.P. Lass Kicker.

Xiraiya

Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought the person running a quicklook was suppose to be showing off the game and explaining what it is, what you can do in it and being able to answer questions that someone who put 10-20 hours into a game could feasibly answer.

Why is it in every quicklook I have ever seen with Brad running it, most of it is him being like "Man I put some time into this game" and the other person being like "Okay well can you do x?" and him being like "Uhhhhh... I don't know" pretty much all the way through it along with him constantly being like "Oh man I never saw this, oh man I didn't know you can do that" all through parts he has played previously.

I know the GB guys have sort of had snarky jokes and responses to people telling Brad he is bad at games over the years and laughing it off.

But the reality is... he's kind of surprisingly ignorant about them at the very least.
I wouldn't care if it was like a one off case or something but he's always like that and I find it to be baffling.

If you put some time into a game, especially if you might quicklook it, one would think you might pay some attention to it as you play and maybe look and fiddle with different things to see what they do, it's not like he has to know everything back to front but being able to having a pretty decent understanding of the fundamentals of a game as most people would after putting some significant hours into it, is pretty important if you're showing it off.

The others don't generally seem to really suffer from this same problem nearly as much.

It seems like he would be better off doing blind quicklooks so then you get pretty much the same result, but you don't have expectations.

I thought it was alright. Must watch for first person sequence.

Yeah I ended up watching the movie last night. It was real dumb, and the first person sequence is one of the duuumbest things I've ever seen in a movie.

The Rock was great as usual and a surprise Rosamund Pike is always appreciated.

Haunted

So ok, I have a legitimate question that I'm looking for some sorta serious answers to. That thread on amiibo currently on gaf has a lot of people complaining that it's overpriced DLC to lock optional content to an Amiibo. So like one, it's absolutely optional purchase, which isn't any different from any other DLC ever. Two, why do people seem to forget you can use Amiibos multiple times in multiple games? Doesn't that end up making them a net positive investment, if Nintendo continues to put out optional content like this down the line?

Are Amiibos really so bad, and why do people seem to hate them so much?
Yeah, they really are. I hate that Nintendo seems to spend so much resources and focus on things I have no fucking interest in (hate plastic trinkets like figures etc), and even goes so far as to lock content behind them.

Between all of Nintendo's fuckups this generation, amiibos are maybe the one thing that pushed me farther away from Nintendo than anything else. Real bummer.

demidar

Yeah, they really are. I hate that Nintendo seems to spend so much resources and focus on things I have no fucking interest in (hate plastic trinkets like figures etc), and even goes so far as to lock content behind them.

Between all of Nintendo's fuckups this generation, amiibos are maybe the one thing that pushed me farther away from Nintendo than anything else. Real bummer.

It's scary that I can't tell if you're serious or joking :S

After talking to a friend about lack of content, I suddenly want an Austin/Vinny video segment where they build professional grade Gunpla and shoot the shit about either anime or just general life stuff.

Just whip out recorder and put it up as a podcast. Giant Bomb Anime Minute.
Oh god, where is the content.

Lijik

So ok, I have a legitimate question that I'm looking for some sorta serious answers to. That thread on amiibo currently on gaf has a lot of people complaining that it's overpriced DLC to lock optional content to an Amiibo. So like one, it's absolutely optional purchase, which isn't any different from any other DLC ever. Two, why do people seem to forget you can use Amiibos multiple times in multiple games? Doesn't that end up making them a net positive investment, if Nintendo continues to put out optional content like this down the line?

Are Amiibos really so bad, and why do people seem to hate them so much?

I get the feeling if they just offered the unlocks on the eshop somewhere (maybe in the form of a digital amiibo card or something to keep it ON BRAND) there wouldnt be as much backlash over them.

Gandie

See I get the appeal of a dark shower, what with hating dark mornings and the light sensitivity harsh indoor lighting brings. But the fear of falling over naked in the dark and breaking my neck counters that.

What kind of obstacles do you have to climb over to get to your shower?

I need some help - a few weeks ago on the Beastcast (I think) a game was mentioned that they ageeed was like Psi-Ops and I think they even said a few of the devs that worked on Psi-Ops worked on this new game. Any idea what it was they were talking about?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I think Brad just doesn't have too good of a memory.

Never forget the Shadow of the Colossus HD quick look

game has like, 2 core mechanics, and he forgot one of them despite having reviewed the game for gamespot

TraBuch

Banned
That Quick Look still infuriates me. People who say things like "I don't understand how watching somebody else play a game can make you so mad" have obviously never seen the Shadow of the Colossus QL.

That Quick Look still infuriates me. People who say things like "I don't understand how watching somebody else play a game can make you so mad" have obviously never seen the Shadow of the Colossus QL.

it's kind of amazing that CBS is okay with actually hosting military grade psychological warfare.

Austin on twitter pretty much sums up my thoughts on The Life of Pablo. Not at all cohesive and kinda ugly in spots, but still super fun in spite of it all.

Ye's flow gets worse with every album though. Chance's verse made him look like a hobo.

Bowlie

Banned
Austin on twitter pretty much sums up my thoughts on The Life of Pablo. Not at all cohesive and kinda ugly in spots, but still super fun in spite of it all.

Ye's flow gets worse with every album though. Chance's verse made him look like a hobo.

Yeah, and his lyrics. He was always better at producing, though. It's cool that he featured Chance, Future and Post Malone. Hope to see them getting higher.
(Frank Ocean, what are you doing?!)

I wanna dance to Fade.

Volotaire

The 'I love Kanye' skit was the epitome of the fun in this album.

Frith

i saw the red one on twitter and thought to myself

that looks nice i should buy one of..

no no no no nononnononon

what is happening to me

also in austin's goty vid i assumed gunpla meant gun platform which i thought was pretty badass then i was instantly disapointed

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

In the same vein, MGScanlon V is exhibit A for why it is indeed very possible to play a game wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom