• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

What exactly is this thread at this point?

As for the actual topic, I feel like this week's UPF shows that they need to rethink the show. It's funny that it included Brad explaining the origin, because it's come so far from the original idea.

Then again maybe I'm the only one who found it a bit dull?

As for the actual topic, I feel like this week's UPF shows that they need to rethink the show. It's funny that it included Brad explaining the origin, because it's come so far from the original idea.

fWcn9LG.jpg

2aN746W.gif

The pitch was: hang out and play a game multiple times because the staff is interested in playing more.

It has become: hang out and give micro quick looks of games the staff has no real interest in playing.

The disconnect seems clear. And it's unfortunately self-inflicted, because lots of folk don't actually want to see them play a game more than once in a non-ER/Playdate style. (Hence the Doom complaints) Dunno where they go from there.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I thought this week's was great up until Street Fighter when my eyes kind of glazed over because Dan was trying to brute force learn morse code with an arcade stick.

When UPF first started it seemed like a way for the guys to showcase a genre or a game they cared about personally either for comedy value or out of pure interest.

pizzacat

Banned
I think the injury timers are a bit severe in XCOM. So the fuck what if Jeff got brought down to 2 health, Danny healed him back up to full! He shouldn't be sitting in the infirmary for 28 days.
I'm seeing this in EU a lot. It's fucking bullshit, what's the difference between just healing them or isolating them somewhere else until the mission is over

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean, that's kinda what happened this upf? It's not like blood money and the older x-com games fit into the things people have been complaining about.

I do like the idea that it existed solely so Vinny could call Zobek

I mean, that's kinda what happened this upf? It's not like blood money and the older x-com games fit into the things people have been complaining about.

yeah this week's was fine and Brad playing Doom was fine until he did it three weeks in a row.

The problem with Unprofessional Friday is that Vinny stopped being on it.

Now that I think about it. A simalar "everybody bring a random game to play" livestream of GB east would be cool.

Might be a nightmare with their smaller setup though. Not even sure they could switch systems mid stream.

pizzacat

Banned
Now that I think about it. A simalar "everybody bring a random game to play" livestream of GB east would be cool.

Might be a nightmare with their smaller setup though. Not even sure they could switch systems mid stream.
Austin would bring every gundam game ever made for an entire year

FStop7

Banned
Giant Bomb streams involving sitting around and playing games are usually my favorites.

But the games need to be entertaining and the crew needs to be interested in them.

UPF's suffered from a lack of both.

No_Style

I thought this week's UPF was fine but it did break the illusion I had of Dan being decent at Hitman. It was neat to see original XCOM. It was amusing to see each game fall of the rails though.

This past UPF was fine as it seemed like they actually brought stuff they were interested in, I think there's less of that than there was back when it was a new feature but that's to be expected. I actually think most of the ones this year have been solid for the most part, I'd like them to mess with the format a little but I don't think it needs to be killed off.

Austin's Extra Life stream was amazing, in terms of the sheer variety of what he played.

I really enjoyed Austin's extra life stream, the man has a knack for turning shitty stream questions into an actual interesting discussion while also managing to keep the games interesting.

What I want from UPF is a episode consisting solely of 4 Player New Super Mario Bros Wii / U "Coin Battle" mode with a reward and a forfeit for both the winner and loser.

oti

Banned
Is it? I dont really know. I dont think I have ever seen milk labeled with a % symbol personally.

The way I know what milk to buy is the different coloured caps / lables

Dark Blue - Full Fat
Light Blue - Low Fat
Green - I dont know

I guess the last one is basically water then.

I drank Buttermilk once by accident, and that shit tasted horrible....

kZ6Wpin.jpg

In Germany we just print the percentage on the packaging. You know, like any normal nation should do.
#
1,5%GOAT

Commas are for listing things, periods are a demarcation (like in this sentence). It's agin natures way to do it backwards!

2aN746W.gif

The pitch was: hang out and play a game multiple times because the staff is interested in playing more.

It has become: hang out and give micro quick looks of games the staff has no real interest in playing.

The disconnect seems clear. And it's unfortunately self-inflicted, because lots of folk don't actually want to see them play a game more than once in a non-ER/Playdate style. (Hence the Doom complaints) Dunno where they go from there.

When they play games they like, Bad People say "oh, its them playing X again it no gooooood" and they seem to listen to that feedback.

Or maybe it was something Ryan put in to stop Brad from playing Dota 2 in every one of his segments back in the day or something, I dunno.

I thought this week's was great up until Street Fighter when my eyes kind of glazed over because Dan was trying to brute force learn morse code with an arcade stick.

That's when it got excellent!

oti

Banned
india china uk usa

maths and computer overlords

i know who i trust

HELLO?

GREECE!

Achievements[edit]
Greek mathematics constitutes a major period in the history of mathematics, fundamental in respect of geometry and the idea of formal proof. Greek mathematics also contributed importantly to ideas on number theory, mathematical analysis, applied mathematics, and, at times, approached close to integral calculus.

Euclid, fl. 300 BC, collected the mathematical knowledge of his age in the Elements, a canon of geometry and elementary number theory for many centuries.

The most characteristic product of Greek mathematics may be the theory of conic sections, largely developed in the Hellenistic period. The methods used made no explicit use of algebra, nor trigonometry.

Eudoxus of Cnidus developed a theory of real numbers strikingly similar to the modern theory developed by Dedekind, who indeed acknowledged Eudoxus as inspiration.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_mathematics

Bowlie

Banned
Greece can't even balance its own checkbook nowadays. They need to stop resting on their laurels.

ouch.

---

As a programmer, I'm used to using "." against my will. But fuck if I know how much is one inch, feet, yard, or whatever you people think is normal.

mhanna49

Neo Member
Period is the proper decimal mark and comma is the proper symbol for digit grouping.

Skim milk is OK with cereal but is worse than 1% and 2% but I prefer Almond milk because is lasts longer in the fridge and regular milk usually goes bad before I even use half of it.

Jingle All The Way is a great Christmas movie.

I want more MGScanlon so it can just be finished and where is the demo derby at?

I personally hope they stop
Ranking of Fighters
because I think
fighting games are as dumb as their ranking "science".

Commas are for listing things, periods are a demarcation (like in this sentence). It's agin natures way to do it backwards!

When they play games they like, Bad People say "oh, its them playing X again it no gooooood" and they seem to listen to that feedback.

Or maybe it was something Ryan put in to stop Brad from playing Dota 2 in every one of his segments back in the day or something, I dunno.

That's when it got excellent!

Oh... I forgot about the whole DotA 2 thing. Yeah, that would change things considerably.

MOBA content is really the worst. I can even stand sports and MMO QLs, but MOBAs are just unbearable.

f0rk

Comma is the proper decimal mark.

Skim milk is OK with cereal but is worse than 1% and 2% but I prefer Almond milk because is lasts longer in the fridge and regular milk usually goes bad before I even use half of it.

Jingle All The Way is a great Christmas movie.

I want more MGScanlon so it can just be finished and where is the demo derby at?

I personally hope they stop
Ranking of Fighters
because I think
fighting games are as dumb as their ranking "science".

Bunch of creationists up in here dissing science

I will grant you Europeans the metric system. I will maybe grant you using single quotation marks. But you bastards will never take the decimal point from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom