• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Oh man I hope to god Vinny and Austin and Alex see this video.

They're not permitted until after they finish their mission I think.

The whole idea is that they have to figure out kerbal mechanics on their own or with the assistance of the comments/chat

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Scott Manley's first sight of the Luda Lander is already moment of the year, shut that competition down.

Myggen

They're not permitted until after they finish their mission I think.

The whole idea is that they have to figure out kerbal mechanics on their own or with the assistance of the comments/chat

Vinny's introduction sounded like they wouldn't put this video on the site before they had finished the rescue mission by themselves. If so I'm guessing they have a few videos ready to go.

kvk1

I have yet to see Episode 7 of Kerbal. Should I spend 7 hours catching up?

Keep it in the background while you're at the computer, and take a peek anytime you hear "VINNY!" or any other form of loud noises.

I think it's worth getting a general gist of their progression to enjoy what's possibly coming later.

Scott's voice is so pleasant, I'd like to hear him more.

I probably like his videos primarily for the fact that they're just pleasant and positive and because I like the games he plays secondly.

Scott's reaction to Vinny's designs are great. looking at the giant solar panels and laughing that they don't have ion engines, lol

Listening to a Giantbombcast from 2011 when Brad or whoever it was went to see the Skyrim Demo

Hearing someone literally say "Gamebryo is gone! It's all totally their own stuff now!"

Is the most baffling thing because I don't understand how anyone who regularly plays games and has an occupation involving the playing and discussing games saw Skyrim in action and actually believed (with confidence even) that it was not running some variation of Gamebryo, you could see it just by looking at it when gameplay first came out
And the best part is the problems in their games are because of their own stuff, Gamebryo itself is perfectly fine for making video games.

Vinny's introduction sounded like they wouldn't put this video on the site before they had finished the rescue mission by themselves. If so I'm guessing they have a few videos ready to go.
On the Beastcast last week they said that they weren't allowed to watch it, they might not be in the clear yet.

Quenk

GBeast's rescue mission is going to be a lot more complicated since Bill already escaped Kerbin and is orbiting the sun.

Jintor

I've managed orbital rendezvous twice and it was damn tricky, but I think once you have the ideas down it's not tooooooo difficult to replicate. Of course, I had the benefit of watching a bunch of Scott Manley videos first.

This Project BEAST video really is great, when Drew is the least nerdy guy in the room, you know some good video is ahead of you.

We need a gif of that reaction.

giphy.gif

I feel like Vinny isn't aware of that speedometer being 'relative speed'. Haven't they said a few times they thought it was surface speed or something else? I feel like that realization will be crucial to these rescues.

daydream

Banned
oh man, finally will have wifi back in an hour or so

kinda sad there's nothing really amazing to look forward to after 2+ weeks

edit: actually, nm, i'm excited to catch up on the fanta gore 2 finale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom