• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomberOwl

yeah, we need to start thinking positive

for example, I'm excited for when my premium runs out so I can stop feeling like I'm wasting my money

Come to think of it the only premium thing I've been watching of late is UPF. Also the premium podcast feeds.

We need more Jar Time! Or something other than the current premium features.

daydream

Banned
well i'm not saying you should buy amiibos but invest in them

i happen to be selling a share of amiibo stock right now for a very, VERY affordable price, believe me, it's the real d

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Was kind of expecting a SFV review since they had the game early. Or maybe they had to give it to Dan on quick notice after friday happened.

popo

Was kind of expecting a SFV review since they had the game early. Or maybe they had to give it to Dan on quick notice after friday happened.

lol, Dan the button masher won't get the review. Jeff will take it and it will be late if they bother at all.

Given their track record with unfinished games (xcom2, Fallout 4) I can't see it getting more than a 3/5.

SFV looks like it's coming in super fucking hot. I guess the pressure to get it out before march and to give Evo players enough time with the game forced them to squeeze out half of a game

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
well, he's considered homicide a viable alternative to rescue on several occasions so

It was nice to have Scott to explain that the EVA pack can achieve speeds of "fucking crazy" because it was still a mystery to me how the first Kerbal on the moon exploded from jetpack hijinks.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It was nice to have Scott to explain that the EVA pack can achieve speeds of "fucking crazy" because it was still a mystery to me how the first Kerbal on the moon exploded from jetpack hijinks.

somebody posted that video in this thread of how to get off of Mun with just a command capsule and ejecting your kerbal and I tried it, and it worked. all bets are off as soon as you EVA. fired him like a bullet directly into Kerbin's atmosphere and the little green bastard survived

lol, Dan the button masher won't get the review. Jeff will take it and it will be late if they bother at all.

Given their track record with unfinished games (xcom2, Fallout 4) I can't see it getting more than a 3/5.

Xcom and FO4 got a 3 for being really buggy and technical messes. Assuming SFV launches well and the servers are stable after the initial first few days, Splatoon is a much better comparison and that got a 4/5.

Great pre-review by Jason. Really hit the good and the bad points of the game and it's initial launch. Some points to highlight

Critical Arts take the place of Ultra Combos, but now share a meter with your specials. Blow it on EX attacks if you need to, but those Critical Arts are something special to behold and provide some of the most impressive-looking attacks in the game.

Jason please! They're just supers lol. They do look really nice though.

There’s also a staggering number of statistics available, though none of this was working prior to the game's launch. If it works, it'll let you see things like the percentage of First Attacks a potential opponent has landed. I don’t know. That’s... interesting? And I mean “interesting” in the polite response: “Huh. That’s interesting. But I don’t really care" sense. Maybe eSports commentators will.

An explanation for why this is a thing is that these kind of things are very useful for tourney players that are studying other pro players. For example, knowing the percentage of first attacks landed can tell a player how aggressive they are at the start of the battle, or if they play a zoner, etc.

Obviously, I have some very strong feelings towards Street Fighter V--positive and negative. The lack of single-player content is less of an issue for me personally and I’m sure a lot of people feel the same and are really only interested in local or online versus. But there are a surprising number of modes and features that are either missing completely or coming later that should have been included at launch.

Agreed. Everything hitting in March with maybe the exception of Alex should have been here tonight. I understand why they launched now without it, but it's still a shame I can't play with a group of friends online until next month. Hopefully they take the time to do it right and include PS4/PC lobbies that run well.

hamchan

Manley still has the B.E.A.S.T save and is doing stuff...

Project B.E.A.S.T. Follow Up.....

This is like if Bill Kermam came back from his horrific space adventure and found out he was now too disconnected from ordinary life.

Civilian life was too boring. Bill now needed, craved the thrills that only space could provide. So Bill, leaving behind his wife and child, once more signed up to Project BEAST and ventured out into the dark unknowns of the universe.

popo

Jason said he's doing it.

huh, missed that. Will be interesting to read. Did he ever write anything for GI?

Xcom and FO4 got a 3 for being really buggy and technical messes. Assuming SFV launches well and the servers are stable after the initial first few days, Splatoon is a much better comparison and that got a 4/5.

I think it is worse than Splatoon. Missing maps is less than missing almost all single player. There isn't even any AI outside of training mode.

Given it is Jason, I revise my opinion. He doesn't care about SP so I can see it being higher. 4, maybe even 5. I suspect Jeff will tear in to it though.

I wonder if Vinny will even get the first step of preventing Bill Kerman from entering deep space.

The save that Scott got I think is way earlier than where they are. I think the whole final mission did not occur yet. That guy is orbiting the sun in their save already.

Xater

I think it is worse than Splatoon. Missing maps is less than missing almost all single player. There isn't even any AI outside of training mode.

Given it is Jason, I revise my opinion. He doesn't care about SP so I can see it being higher. 4, maybe even 5. I suspect Jeff will tear in to it though.

Jeff is already doing that on Twitter. From what I have seen of the game I'd give it 3 stars which could have been more if all that shit they are putting in later would be there day 1.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Depends on how you classify the games. The competitive aspect of SFV is pretty much complete. The gameplay is super solid, it appears to be balanced and has a good variety of characters. A shooter with missing maps isn't. But if you look at both of them from a single player standpoint, it becomes a completely different ball game.

popo

I said something similar in the review thread - but I think them putting it out like this on disc is the thing that is irritating me. I know why they didn't, but I really think it should have been sold as a download in it's current state and only released to retail in the summer when it is feature complete.

I can only imagine how many disappointed kids are going to try and return it to Gamestop. I don't have a problem with retail games being multiplayer only but I feel they should go out of their way to let the buyer know - and SF has such a long heritage that I think people will buy it with certain expectations.

Chuck

Still without luck
five minutes in, Manley already did something I didn't think you could do!

also i wish this was fullcreeen, not upf style pip

It's not just maps that Splatoon was missing. It, like SFV, didn't have lobbies on day one, had only 20 levels, no ranked, a pretty significant lack of weapons/clothes, etc. along with maps.

As someone that thinks that Splatoon was far and away the best Nintendo game last year, it was also heavily lacking day one. If we're comparing the two only in terms of SP, there's definitely a huge imbalance in Splatoons favor, but overall they're very similar in how much content is launching in a $60 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom