• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nowy

Watching Scott doing the rendezvous...yeah there's no way east will get this. I'm still trying to figure out how going away is the best move forward, my mind is melting

The thing about orbits are that the lower the orbit, the faster you'll be going. Thats why the inner planets move around the Sun much faster compared to the outer planets. It takes Mercury 88 days to go around the Sun, meanwhile Neptune takes 165 years.

So say you're trying to rendezvous with something, and your target is ahead of you. In order to catch up with them, you have to be going faster than them, which means get into a lower orbit. So how to you lower your orbit? You burn retrograde, which relative to your target, is away from them.

K.Sabot

WnCbiIX.png

rip

No_Style

The Scott Manley video is giving me vibes of an alternate timeline where Whiskey Media didn't dissolve and Will and Norm got deep into Kerbal. They would have done something like this.

crush7337

Banned
Does anyone remember the SFIV video (maybe it was a TNT?) where Patrick beat Jeff with Hakan? I remember Jeff's reaction being similar to Jason's is when Dan beats him.

justjim89

The Hitman Unfinished is so great. Has me hyped for the game and eager for more Brad & Dan Hitman content.

Come on, HitDan: Brad Money!

Dan, if you're lurking, it could be a great series.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The follow-up Scott Manley posted after leaving the GB office is blowing my mind. The way he catches
the Mun from minmus.....

edit: then something else happened, I haven't watched anything beyond his tutorials; he's a madman.

This is a great video. Everyone who liked the B.E.A.S.T video with Scott Manley should watch what he can do with the same ship and bit more thinking off camera. It just shows how amazing anyone can be with proper understanding of mechanics and the science. Vinny, Alex and Austin are so, so, utterly and completely in for a HELL of a ride attempting to duplicate some of what Scott did.

I got over whatever hump Arkham Knight has and now that game is "ok".

But I went back and watched some stuff from the previous games and reminded of how awesome those games where and some story things that I guess got dropped completely.

wasnt Harley being pregnant the big post AC stinger? I am only 60% through the main story so maybe something might be mentioned?

Also how awesome the scarecrow stuff was in the first game versus now it seems like he is just a generic big bad guy. 100% of the reason I was excited about scarecrow was more of that Kojima like 4th wall bending mind fuckery they had with him near the end of Asylum.

I think I remember hearing they ditched whatever famous Batman writer they had for the first 2 games for someone in house so that probably explains it.

yami4ct

Amazon gave me $25 for the android app store

uhh

what buy?

If you aren't totally anti-F2P or Puzzle games in general, $25 would be a good leg up in Puzzle and Dragons. ReRoll during Godfest for a decent free starter roll and then use the $25 to get 6 other cool dudes. Assuming you play judiciously and don't want to go into crazy whale territory, you probably wouldn't have to spend money on the game ever again (well, you never HAVE to spend money in the first place. I have a top tier account on the Japan servers with no money in).

If you aren't totally anti-F2P or Puzzle games in general, $25 would be a good leg up in Puzzle and Dragons. ReRoll during Godfest for a decent free starter roll and then use the $25 to get 6 other cool dudes. Assuming you play judiciously and don't want to go into crazy whale territory, you probably wouldn't have to spend money on the game ever again (well, you never HAVE to spend money in the first place. I have a top tier account on the Japan servers with no money in).

Oooooh I can spend it on Monster Strike....

danm999

I got over whatever hump Arkham Knight has and now that game is "ok".

But I went back and watched some stuff from the previous games and reminded of how awesome those games where and some story things that I guess got dropped completely.

wasnt Harley being pregnant the big post AC stinger? I am only 60% through the main story so maybe something might be mentioned?

Also how awesome the scarecrow stuff was in the first game versus now it seems like he is just a generic big bad guy. 100% of the reason I was excited about scarecrow was more of that Kojima like 4th wall bending mind fuckery they had with him near the end of Asylum.

I think I remember hearing they ditched whatever famous Batman writer they had for the first 2 games for someone in house so that probably explains it.

Yeah the way Arkham Knight uses Scarecrow is totally flat. I suppose you can make the argument the game is really supposed to be about Batman, the Arkham Knight and his internalization of the Joker but it still makes me think it was a missed opportunity.

Amazon gave me $25 for the android app store

uhh

what buy?

I'll quote a post I made a few months back with various suggestions for someone in a similar situation. Since I believe Amazon allows credits/coins to be used on In-App Purchases, I'd also add Pinball Arcade to the list, since $25 can net you a number of tables. Along with Hearthstone and all the other F2Ps, as previously mentioned, depending on what you're interested in.

Well, first and foremost, there's Minecraft Pocket Edition, which never goes on sale, so it can be picked up any time without worrying about price drops.

PC/Console port/remake-wise, there's the Grand Theft Auto series (III, Vice City, San Andreas, Chinatown Wars); Final Fantasy (III-VI, though it's important to note that Square Enix doesn't keep the updates on Amazon in sync with the Play Store, meaning it took months before Amazon users got versions that worked with Android 5.0 and gamepad support); Sonic 2 is a good remake with plenty of bonuses; Ticket To Ride is a good port that supports Cross-Buy with its DLC, as long as it's linked to your Days of Wonder account; Gemini Rue is a point-and-click adventure that should theoretically work well on the touchscreen (there are other point-and-clicks on the store page).

For more mobile-focused stuff, there's Leo's Fortune, which people seem to be positive towards; Lifeline, a text adventure that's also gotten some positive impressions; 10000000 and its sequel You Must Build A Boat are addictive Match-3/RPG hybrid games; I would wholeheartedly recommend 80 Days, but it seems that the version up on Amazon is currently exclusive to Kindle devices; there's also Framed, an interesting puzzle/action game that involves moving comic panels around; Wayward Souls is a dungeon-crawler that's been recommended for a long time; same with the addictive puzzler Threes. Finally, there's the Kairosoft games, which can be good, though they tend to repeat their genres, with only a different topic (e.g. Pocket League Story, Grand Prix Story, and Pocket Stables basically have the same sports-management gameplay, so I'd recommend picking the one with the topic that interests you the most).

Quentyn

I wonder if they will do a Far Cry Primal review. Just looked at a release calendar and was a little shocked to find out that that game is out in a week.

No one is really talking about it.

Now why would you want to go and do a thing like that?

Monster Strike wishes it was PAD. It's got some great ideas in the Metagame, but the actual flinging gameplay I find to be super boring with a low skill ceiling.

Well it's an actual game >_> unlike clash

I'll quote a post I made a few months back with various suggestions for someone in a similar situation. Since I believe Amazon allows credits/coins to be used on In-App Purchases, I'd also add Pinball Arcade to the list, since $25 can net you a number of tables. Along with Hearthstone and all the other F2Ps, as previously mentioned, depending on what you're interested in.

thanks~

yami4ct

Well it's an actual game >_> unlike clash

thanks~

Haha. That's not hard. It's sad that Wester F2P games seem so solely focused on money at the very exclusion of good gameplay. That's what's given F2P such a nasty reputation. A lot of Asian/Japanese F2P games are actually really great games. Sure, the F2P mechanics can be shady and still take advantage of people which sucks, but I personally play them like I play an MMO. I only put $10 a month at the very most into my US PAD account as a support for the continuous content they add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom