• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renpatsu

If I was a developer, I don't know how I would take all of these one-person games doing so well commercially, critically, and culturally. Would I be encouraged to pursue my own ambitions or would I sink into despair knowing I could never make something that good?
Sounds like the correct answer there is both.

Wait, are the Stardew review comments seriously salty that there might be more exposure to Harvest Moon-like games? Or is it just a hate-on-Dan thing?

Oh and they're mad that he's pointing out that one person worked on it. What a weird thing to be annoyed about.

Myggen

Wait, are the Stardew review comments seriously salty that there might be more exposure to Harvest Moon-like games? Or is it just a hate-on-Dan thing?

Oh and they're mad that he's pointing out that one person worked on it. What a weird thing to be annoyed about.

Not that much salt there tbh. Some salt is always to be expected in a review comment section, but this seems really mild. But yeah, there is always the people who just want you to review the game and not talk about anything else about the making of it etc.

Jintor

Not that much salt there tbh. Some salt is always to be expected in a review comment section, but this seems really mild. But yeah, there is always the people who just want you to review the game and not talk about anything else about the making of it etc.

i swear to god people don't understand how opinions can't be objective

Tubobutts

i swear to god people don't understand how opinions can't be objective
Look man, when people don't like the things I like it is because they are horrible people and just doing it to troll. If I yell at them loud enough they will admit that I am right.

hamchan

The PF Points thing always coming up for Drew is pretty hilarious I have to say. Dude looks like he's going to break.

yami4ct

Now that Metal Gear Scanlon is entering its final stage, I want a spinoff where Rorie plays and talks about his love of Metal Gear Ac!d 2.

Lelcar

Now that Metal Gear Scanlon is entering its final stage, I want a spinoff where Rorie plays and talks about his love of Metal Gear Ac!d 2.
Omg brilliant! I would totally watch Rorie play through Metal Gear Acid. I've never even really seen MGA, I would love that.

Megasoum

Banned
For some reason I just bought 3 Xbox 360 titles hoping they will eventually become Backward Compatible cause there's no way I'm re-plugging my 360.

Yay for cheap Skate 3, Fight Night Champion and Midnight Club LA

Renpatsu

I reckon Drew would like the gameplay of AC!D2 over MGR anyway.

Also AC!D1's story and presentation is so lacklustre I'm glad they had a sequel to do the concept justice.

justjim89

Reading Dan's review reminds me of a point of confusion I've had lately around their usage of the word 'myriad.' I always thought you had a myriad of something, but Brad, Dan, and Alex all say 'this game has myriad something.' I'm sure I'm just wrong, but I've never heard it used that way.

Lelcar

Ok this Acid or Rising stream has to happen. Either of those excites me more than any previous MGScanlon. Dan are you reading this thread?

Jintor

Reading Dan's review reminds me of a point of confusion I've had lately around their usage of the word 'myriad.' I always thought you had a myriad of something, but Brad, Dan, and Alex all say 'this game has myriad something.' I'm sure I'm just wrong, but I've never heard it used that way.

Both usages are acceptable.

Jintor

MGR is probably the highest note to end metal gear on. That game just makes me happy.

It'll also be timely if they start real soon.
By the time they reach the finale it should be election season, right? MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Doop

It'll also be timely if they start real soon.
By the time they reach the finale it should be election season, right? MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Metal Gear Rising has the best final boss in the metal gear series. Some would say it has the best bosses of the metal gear series period.

I've played MGR, MGSV, and seen MGS 1-3, and I feel confident in saying that MGR is far and away the best MG title. (Would've watched Giant Bomb's run of MGS4 but MGSV killed my interest in the series.) MGR really is that good.

Jetstream Sam is the bomb.
Huh, I've never seen that usage either. But Google says it's valid so I'll let it slide.

One day that usage will feel the true death. Then it will never bother anyone again and all will be well.

Jintor

MGR also inexplicably has really good codec writing. Way better than most of MGSV's tapes.

Dunno if the story treatment came from KojiPro or Platinum, but whoever did it did good.

Doop

MGR also inexplicably has really good codec writing. Way better than most of MGSV's tapes.

Dunno if the story treatment came from KojiPro or Platinum, but whoever did it did good.

Also it has some pretty good jokes. I always thought the part with the dwarf gekko trying to plug the usb stick in was charming.

It was probably Platinum.

The codec stuff was REALLY good and the branches it'd go was really great. That's one MGS game where I didn't mind sitting and going through codec calls.

No_Style

I couldn't refrain from skipping the codecs to jump back into the hot action but this is great to hear.

Lijik

im pretty sure it was kojipro but dont quote me. I've always seen MGR described as kojipro bringing the writing and producing the cutscenes while platinum brought the action and gameplay

I reckon Drew would like the gameplay of AC!D2 over MGR anyway.

Also AC!D1's story and presentation is so lacklustre I'm glad they had a sequel to do the concept justice.

While both the ac!d games are fun and more skewed to Drew's tastes, I think MGR is a snappier game and would be more fun to watch a playthru of.

yami4ct

im pretty sure it was kojipro but dont quote me. I've always seen MGR described as kojipro bringing the writing and producing the cutscenes while platinum brought the action and gameplay

While both the ac!d games are fun and more skewed to Drew's tastes, I think MGR is a snappier game and would be more fun to watch a playthru of.

I was under the impression that, while that was the original intention, in reality all the writing was on Platinum's end by the completion. Didn't Kojima pretty much disown that game?

I hope Jeff talks about DotT-R on the podcast. I know that's one of his favorite adventure games, and I want to know what he thinks of the remaster.

I was under the impression that, while that was the original intention, in reality all the writing was on Platinum's end by the completion. Didn't Kojima pretty much disown that game?

That's the impression I've had, but this Polygon article says cinematics / writing were KojiPro with everything else being Platinum.

It's also why I thought Dan disliked the game for so long, because it didn't have Kojima's blessing, so to speak. But he threw that theory out the window a while ago, in a Bombcast IIRC.

Lijik

In the OT gaf thread for the game JP from platinum was pretty adamant it was a joint effort. I dont think Kojima disowning a game he didnt direct means much when he disowns every Metal Gear game he didnt direct.

Tubobutts

This is giant bomb related cause it they talked about it and it's not anime so I assume it's ok, but I read "Hard-Boiled Wonderland and The End of the World" and that was a really good book. I've got "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle" coming tomorrow.

Renpatsu

I agree about MGR being a snappier game, but I've never got the impression that Drew is into or necessarily good at character action games so it might not be as fun to watch. Well, at least that was my reasoning anyway.

Edit:
This is giant bomb related cause it they talked about it and it's not anime so I assume it's ok, but I read "Hard-Boiled Wonderland and The End of the World" and that was a really good book. I've got "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle" coming tomorrow.
Not fiction, but if you like Murakami's work you might want to check out his essays or his book 'Underground' where he interviews those affected by the Tokyo sarin gas attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom